The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Mini Olive

Violet Turner

Registered
Dog Walking Manchester
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WIN_20171231_09_56_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171231_09_56_44_Pro.jpg shes 7 weeks pregnant

I have a black lab called Dennis :)

She's lovely - you will share the puppy photos, won't you? (Pretty please!)

Is this the rescue from Spain that you spoke about on the other forum? Did she come to you already pregnant?

Congratulations with your pregnancy, have you had puppies before ?
Have either mum or dad had hip xrays or any BVA eye tests or DNA tests ? it's always interesting to know.

Congratulations with your pregnancy, have you had puppies before ?
Have either mum or dad had hip xrays or any BVA eye tests or DNA tests ? it's always interesting to know.
yes they both had all the tests no first litter

Well, as the breeder you would have responsibility to microchip them and assess the households they are going to. Ypu also should be prepared to take back and rehome any puppy whose owner can no longer keep it, for any reason, at any time in the future. Please do not sell them on free classified advertising sites or facebook; that would be irresponsible. Normally a good breeder will have a waiting list, it's not an unplanned litter I assume as you said both sire and dam have had the relevant health tests.

@Josie, please would you consider moving these last few posts to Violet's other thread about Olive's pregnancy so as not to confuse anything on @excuseme 's diary? Thank you.

Well, as the breeder you would have responsibility to microchip them and assess the households they are going to. Ypu also should be prepared to take back and rehome any puppy whose owner can no longer keep it, for any reason, at any time in the future. Please do not sell them on free classified advertising sites or facebook; that would be irresponsible. Normally a good breeder will have a waiting list, it's not an unplanned litter I assume as you said both sire and dam have had the relevant health tests.

@Josie, please would you consider moving these last few posts to Violet's other thread about Olive's pregnancy so as not to confuse anything on @excuseme 's diary? Thank you.
yes they both had heath tests would I be able to keep 1 of the pups

You will not be able to Kc register the puppies.
If both parents are pedigree you will be able to advertise them as "pedigree" puppies and give pedigrees when they leave home at 8 weeks. Do you have the Hip score papers and DNA papers and BVA certificate paperwork so that you can give a copy to each new owner, this will all help you sell the puppies.
You would be sensible if you sold the puppies, never keep more than one puppy at any time. You may have to find a good place to advertise depending on where you live. local papers or in a pet store. There may be one or two people may want a puppy when they discover you have puppies and you may not have to advertise.

Last edited:
ok so I'm going to bed speak soon
You will not be able to Kc register the puppies.
If both parents are pedigree you will be able to advertise them as "pedigree" puppies and give pedigrees when they leave home at 8 weeks. Do you have the Hip score papers and DNA papers and BVA certificate paperwork so that you can give a copy to each new owner, this will all help you sell the puppies.
You would be sensible if you sold the puppies, never keep more than one puppy at any time. You may have to find a good place to advertise depending on where you live. Online or in a pet store. There may be one or two people may want a puppy when they discover you have puppies and you may not have to advertise.
Thanks yes I have all the documentation

I will "vet" people thoroughly before letting them buy one of my babies, I am quiet happy to say NO.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back