The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Name Is Poppy ,here Is My Story

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
oh nicky, its taking me 5 minutes to get the tears out of my eyes to write this! but they were very happy tears! reading this reminded me of when you 1st started posting about poppy, i would get on everyday to see if anyone had saved her. i felt so bad that i couldn't help being so far away. :( i was so happy when i had read that some of the k9ers had helped you keep her! you did something so special for her.... :wub: :wub: :wub:

a beautiful story about a beautiful family!

Nicky, you really should write a book about Poppy - your description was so good, you understand her so well.

She is one lucky little girlie to be living with you. Our help was only a drop in the ocean to what you have provided her with. Well done for changing the life of one very unhappy badly treated girlie. Hope she lives a long and happy life with you - I know she will :huggles:

Oh Poppy, I loved reading your story - you have certainly fallen on your feet there you lovely girl :D

Just catching up with a couple of weeks threads when I found this one. Cried and cried when I read it. (Which was quite embarrassing as I was at work :lol: ).

awww, made me tearful too!! In a nice way though, lol. Poppy is very lucky to of found you :huggles:

Hello again evryone poppy here ,well what a lot has been happening to me since the first part of my story well mum nevr has the camera outa her hands ,i think thwer are more pics of me in circultion than any other dog i know ,i dont mind thou cause im shure youl all agree im beautyfull :wub: mums also been making films oif me so iv added a few for you to all see ....

here i am first thing in the morning saying goodmorning to my mam :wub:

and i also help my mum keep my new brothers and sister in order as they can be silly at times but i sort them out no bother :- "

ooo i nearly forgot my mum says im so clver cause iv learnt to sit and stay how cool am i :D

here we go mum says sit and i sit ....

P1010013-1.jpg

mum walks further away and says sit so i still stay ...

P1010014-1.jpg

now shes really far and look at me still sitting mum says im very clever and i get a really nice treat for doing this so may be il do it on first go next time instead of on the 20th go :- "

P1010015-2.jpg

ooo and my nany made a princess jumper cause she says im a little princess i agree im so goguse :b

2008_0126tiaandpoppy20002.jpg

i think i could be a model here i am working my pose :*

2008_0126tiaandpoppy20004.jpg

ooo and did i terll you im famouse (w00t) i am really i am my mum posted a video clip of me on this place called youtube and evryone can see it from around the world (w00t) how cool ios that iv added a link to it .....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkCEn3I350

thats all for now ,but watch this space as my mum keeps saying its my birthday soon ,now im not shure what one of those are but mum says im guna really love the birthday thing as its very special day in this house is brithdays ,i cant wait now for this birthday (w00t) bye for now .......poppy :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
so very pleased for you Poppy give your mum a big hug :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: made me cry

good on you nicky :thumbsup: poppy is gorgeous :huggles: now..whats this no 5 about?? tell sarah..you know you want to :teehee:

video links not working for me just testing :b

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that jumper, it suits her so well, she looks so warm and snuggly...what are you going to do for her birthday Nicky...how can you top just her day to day life...she has a birthday everyday just being with you :huggles:

I couldn't get the garden video to work, but love the idiotic spinning Ollie - Blue does that in the field when she just oesn't know which direction to go in :lol: :wub:

meddling said:
I love that jumper, it suits her so well, she looks so warm and snuggly...what are you going to do for her birthday Nicky...how can you top just her day to day life...she has a birthday everyday just being with you :huggles:
I couldn't get the garden video to work, but love the idiotic spinning Ollie - Blue does that in the field when she just oesn't know which direction to go in :lol:   :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]omg wel top everyday to day stuff alright you wait till you see what prezzys shes got she be berried in them :lol: [/SIZE]

hello everyone poppy here ,thought id tell you what iv been upto over the last couple of mths ,well my birthday came and went and boy did i have llots of przzys and treats my mum said i deserved evey one of them :D

we had snow to which was fun i bombed around the garden like a good un ,my mum laughed so much wen i slipped and went on me butt :b then came this day they called christmas and ooo boy was it good i had my favourite for dinner turkey ,did i tell you about the time i saw a turky up my aunty yvonnes alotments ,well my mum told me that it was my fav and id get some soon ,but it didnt look to tasty to me running after me i had to run and hide behind my mum i was so scared ,but she was right it was very tasty and i eat all mine then nagged my mum for some of hers ,which of course she gave me ,i only have to give her this look :p and i get what i want :D well summer is here now im not to fussed the heat makes grumpy and i feel tired alot latly so i stay inside were its nice and cool ,iv not been to well lately i feel tired and cough quiet a lot but my mum gives me cuddles and says she loves me lots ,id like to say thank you one last time for all you k9 folks helping me :huggles: mum said she has loads of photos to add so you get to see me being cheeky again o:)

I was going out this afternoon but now I have mascara tracks down my face and my daughter has a very soggy keyboard.

Well done you for giving this gorgeous girl a lovely, safe home. What a pity we can't rescue them all and shoot the humans. I bet the people responsible weren't prosecuted, why do they get away with it time and time again? One of my rescues came from a terrible 'home' and the people were allowed to keep four other dogs and there's not a day goes by when I don't think of the four unfortunate ones. Can't hug Poppy so I'm going to go and give all mine hugs and kisses instead.

The rescues and Gracie the pup

IMG_2_1_Photobucket_Sam_Tilly_and_Pip.jpg

Success_at_Leahurst_pb.jpg

Oh Nicky

Poppy's story had me in tears. Being new to k9 I had not read this post. I have had two rescues who were SSCPA cruelty cases. Rescues are so immensely satisfying because no matter what they have been through they can learn to live a normal and happy life and forgive what humans have done to them in the past.

I know Poppy is not well and who knows how long she will be with you but however long it is, she is loved, loves you and her family and has found happiness. :flowers: :huggles:

iv been putting off this for a while now :( as most of you no poppy passed away on the 14th july at 4.10pm she went cwtch up in my arms with me showering her with kisses ,to say it was one of the hardest things iv ever had to do in my life is an understatment ,itl be 7 week to the day tomorrow and i miss her like crazy :(

but i know in my heart shes still with me ,i often catch a glance of her in the corner of my eye somtimes or think i here her barking and feel her breath on my face wen i settle down to sleep at night and i always see her in my dreams ,i found this poem on another sight and it kinda feels true for me .......

We Have A Secret

We have a secret, you and I

that no one else shall know,

for who but I can see you lie

each night in fire glow?

And who but I can reach my hand

before we go to bed

and feel the living warmth of you

and touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths

and see ahead of me,

your small form racing with the wind

so young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim

in every brook I pass

and when I call, no one but I

can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

i know she was loved by many on here ,so iv added a remix of pics of her and our song ,used to sing it to her and she used to bark at me and get all excieted .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=...p;v=DHkCEn3I350

nicky that was lovely and that picture at the end of her winking is just :wub: :wub:

:huggles: :huggles:

That was lovely , Poppy was beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub:

sad.png

Poppy forever holds a place in my heart too, Nicky xxxxx :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Oh Nicky how lovely.. she touched so many hearts that everyone will miss her :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back