The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Working Whippet Club 2nd Show

is this day still on ? can someone let us know incase we turn up and it has been cancled. john are you racing your big colt dog

Last edited by a moderator:
oh deary me how silly...its whippets hed be a pretty big whippet then john wouldnt he..bring him we all want to meet this boy :thumbsup:

yes it still on if you get there that bit early we will give some of the dog that have not ran the lure before a few run see you all there

robert

gorgeous day but maybe a bit too warm for dogs. all sorts of events from coursing to straight racing. well done to johnny for winning overs and colin with zena in the unders. . after a mass collision during the unders final colins zena took first with my tumble-tot china making up lost ground to take 2nd.

well done robert with another good day. good to see your club growing.

Thanks Robert for a very enjoyable day,I agree with John that it was rather a tad too hot for the dogs but they managed admirably...I was really pleased with our old veteran boy winning the whippet racing final after being brought out of retirement,though I think he deserves to go back to the sofa now!

And it was nice to meet you John & finally put a face to the name as well as a few others from here. :thumbsup:

Really great day with a good turnout...thanks again!!

Got to gave you 10 out of 10 for effort Robert.Wish i had a £ for every time you sprinted up n down that hill mate.But why are you a one man army Robert.It's not fair,that you have to do everything youreself mate.There is no way i could run that hill with a lure,and do all the paperwork,repare the lure each time,and still have the energy,to do it all again,and again,and again.You do need to get youre team to jump in with more help mate,as i only seen them,when they were racing their dog's,and then they were gone.That dip was causing big problem's again,and a few of us recon that it would be safer,and more distressing,to use the top of the field,as it's on the flat,and perfect racing ground.OK ,it may be a bit shorter,but hey,we dont mind losing a bit of ground,if it mean's no rerun's,and a perfect view of the dog's,from start to finish.Would have been a big help today,with all that heat.It was no wonder that Trouble collapsed,after 3 runs,just to get the 2nd heat over,and that was with another couple,down again,as they weren't caught at the top,and sprinted back down the hill to the start line.But hey,that was nobodies fault but our own.It would have been interesting to see where Trouble would have finished,had they not lost the lure,and then some idiot let a dog of at the side of the race track,and took Trouble out of the race,as she thought it was after the lure ,with it racing about,and ran over to where it was.But,there will be another race,and another day.Today it was Zena,who got it right,and fair play to her.Sorry John,that my wee Niki bitch collided with China at the half way mark.But then,what was she doing side by side with China in the 1st place,as she shouldn't have been there.Thought China would have left her for dead.Anyway,as John would say,nuff said.Will post a few pix i took today,as i just took a few casual one's.Robert.Well done mate,and if you need that lure,then just say mate.Just one other point though.Trouble got a hole in her throat today,on the way back down,when that blue hairy thing attacked her.If they had all been wearing muzzles ,like she was,then it wouldn't have happened.No muzzles,= injured dog's = vet bill's.Buy a few muzzle's Robert,and I'll supply racing jacket's.

05whippet said:
Thanks Robert for a very enjoyable day,I agree with John that it was rather a tad too hot for the dogs but they managed admirably...I was really pleased with our old veteran boy winning the whippet racing final after being brought out of retirement,though I think he deserves to go back to the sofa now!
And it was nice to meet you John & finally put a face to the name as well as a few others from here. :thumbsup:  

Really great day with a good turnout...thanks again!!

and you too ! wondered if you were going to turn up at this event with it being a whippety one. and well done in your victory :thumbsup:

john

:thumbsup: Another great day Robert and boy did you work hard organising and running the whole event (w00t) You put us all to shame with all that running upand down the field repeatedly :lol: :teehee: :lol:

Great to see so many whippets and owners all enjoying themselves :D

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOVELY MOSS :wub: WINNING THE WHIPPET RACING AT THE GRAND OLD AGE OF ALMOST 9!!!![/SIZE] :cheers:

Tracy

Way to go Moss, what a great result but Im not surprised after seeing him run on the beach - well done to everyone else who did well - sounds like a great day

would like to thank everyone that turned up was a really enjoyable day

Sorry ive been off here for a bit folk's.But here i am,and here are a few,well,more than a few, pix from Robert's last show.Only reason i am out of bed,is that my neighbour was blown up tonight,and this place is buzzing with folk.

_4273556.jpg

_4273558.jpg

_4273558-1.jpg

_4273559.jpg

This is posibly a few newcomer's to whippet and lurcher racing.

_4273563.jpg

Danny Boy.With my wee niece.

_4273567.jpg

Teddy Boy,with my daughter,Sophie.

_4273568.jpg

Racing pix.

_4273578.jpg

_4273582.jpg

The rest.

My wee Niki bitch.

_4273586.jpg

_4273588.jpg

My Trouble bitch.

_4273589.jpg

_4273590.jpg

A few if Rose's wee beauties.

_4273593.jpg

Now this was a bit of a change,to the type of dog's that i take my camera out for.But i couldn't resist this shot,through the car window,as this was as close as she was getting.

_5013618.jpg

billyboy45 said:
Sorry ive been off here for a bit folk's.But here i am,and here are a few,well,more than a few, pix from Robert's last show.Only reason i am out of bed,is that my neighbour was blown up tonight,and this place is buzzing with folk.
_4273556.jpg

_4273558.jpg

_4273558-1.jpg

_4273559.jpg

This is posibly a few newcomer's to whippet and lurcher racing.

_4273563.jpg

Danny Boy.With my wee niece.

_4273567.jpg

Teddy Boy,with my daughter,Sophie.

_4273568.jpg

Racing pix.

_4273578.jpg

_4273582.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back