The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i think that would be a fair solution
but still think the cap would of done the job in down sizing but as you say it was voted on
What do you think to any dogs that are already here who might make over 55lb Gary?

if allready regestered as yours is it should be able to finish its carear i was ranting earlier :) any dogs bred over from now well thats another chapter :D

I HOPE THIS GETS SORTED SOON AS IM FED UP OF TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WHO JUST THROW IT BACK IN MY FACE

WE WILL SOON SEE WHO AS BEEN TALKING SHIT

AND ITS NOT ME

NIGHT GARY

and karen stop giving me trick questions its getting late :D

Nor for the 55lb cap Dee,and yet if there's a pup or yearling out there already racing and it matures over 55lb,it's registration will be withdrawn.Get your head round that one

just sent a e-mail to the committee about the write up in whippet news regarding that very point Karen

"not sure who put the write up in the whippet new regarding the 55lb cap, but i'm sorry to say mistakes have been made in the write up, when the vote was taken on dogs still being allowed to run with the bwra that were over 55lb, the word ADULT was never mentioned it was voted that all dogs already registered would still be able to run,,any dog already registered ie before oct when the books closed and before this proposals was voted on can still run if above 55lb, any dog that registered when the books re-open that goes above 55lb will not be able to run and will have a full refund, that was what the members at the meeting voted on, so i hope this will be corrected in the next whippet news,

you as a committee or the member cannot back date a proposal,

or are we also saying " dogs registered but not run as a ADULT with greyhound in its breeding for 2 generations cannot run "

y.ragnoli

i agree that the committee are doing there best they can and i think a very good job , but like the rest of us can make mistake

LET THEM RUN IN THE NO LIMIT OVER 55LB

BUT EXCLUDE THEM FROM THE RUN OFF SAME FOR YOUR DOG KAREN

JUST MY OPINION

GARY

i think any dogs born after a cetain say up to march 2009 date should not be excluded also any dog allready racing over 55 should be allowed to compete and also in sup run offs ....dont agree with ya on this one gaz :eek:

all members should be treated fairly when change comes into the sport ;)

i think any dogs born before a cetain say up to march 2009 date should not be excluded also any dog allready racing over 55 should be allowed to compete and also in sup run offs ....dont agree with ya on this one gaz :eek: all members should be treated fairly when change comes into the sport ;)

meant to say before date not after im nackered now had enuff nite nite

bloody hell a full debate and no ones really fell out wohhhhhhhhhh

i think any dogs born after a cetain say up to march 2009 date should not be excluded also any dog allready racing over 55 should be allowed to compete and also in sup run offs ....dont agree with ya on this one gaz :eek: all members should be treated fairly when change comes into the sport ;)
LOL I ONLY SAID IT TO WIND KAREN UP EVERY ONE KNOWS THAT I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING

ITS NOT BROKE SO DONT TRY TO FIX IT

SORRY KAREN JUST GOING BACK TO MY OLD WAYS

GARY :p

LET THEM RUN IN THE NO LIMIT OVER 55LB BUT EXCLUDE THEM FROM THE RUN OFF SAME FOR YOUR DOG KAREN

JUST MY OPINION

GARY

dog that are already running should not be excluded from any runoff they should get the same rights as every other dog

:lol: Just thought i'd throw a spanner in the works,you lot kept me up much later than usual.Was hoping you'ld stay up all night debating it :-

i think any dogs born after a cetain say up to march 2009 date should not be excluded also any dog allready racing over 55 should be allowed to compete and also in sup run offs ....dont agree with ya on this one gaz :eek: all members should be treated fairly when change comes into the sport ;)
LOL I ONLY SAID IT TO WIND KAREN UP EVERY ONE KNOWS THAT I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING

ITS NOT BROKE SO DONT TRY TO FIX IT

SORRY KAREN JUST GOING BACK TO MY OLD WAYS

GARY :p

personally i voted against the 55lb (which i still think is ridiculous)i did however vote on the breeding thing but looking back i wasnt really sure wot i was voting on 4 instance this is wot i thought, i have nikki whizz whose a half ghd so i assumed i cudnt line her with a ghd ( which i wudnt do anyway) then i wudnt b able to line her pups with a ghd but i wud b able to line her puppies pups with a ghd if i wanted to. if that makes sense. i bet a few other people werent too sure wot they were voting 4 either.

anyway have just been looking @ how many bwra races there actually is now altogether bends there is 16 races only 5 of them r bwra

straights 46 only 15 of them r straights

so altogether 62 top ten races only 20 of them r bwra ( this is roughly) then u wud have to travel from one end of the country to the other 2 race in all of them. my point is if u cant reg with the bwra u wud only miss 20 races. dont get me wrong i dont agree with it but just pointing this out

Last edited by a moderator:
I have managed to refrain from adding my thoughts on this subject but as a member of the BWRA i think i should--

Firstly the little bit about a new vote and only those who voted last time being the only ones eligible that is wrong ---for various reasons i wont go into but the main one is that all members have a right to vote! irrespective of whether they did prior to this---

It is no good saying that some one certain person that you are not prepared to name is responsible and that they are just having a go at another certain person--this was put to a postal vote -reps meeting---and AGM --before getting the ok--

The Committee are there to impliment the members wishes and thats what they have done under a great deal of pressure good on em i say.

This is not a new problem

The time limmit started in December 2002 when the then Chairman stated bring the breeding down in size and could have if he had chosen to introduced a cap then but thought a bit of time and compassion would be a better route to go down --giving the breeders time to adjust--

He did his part to be seen as fair what have those breeding done in response the breeding has got bigger not a great platform to say fair play has not been applied is it?

It is the same if not worse and at then end of the day it is the BWRA ---not the BGRA--sorry if any one is upset but this is true not a figment of my imagination--you were warned---

steve

molly stag is stagnight greyhound so there is first cross or first genaration

mollystag x two become one which is the second cross or second genaration

pup is stag possessed so vicky can you answer my question please

can he go to a greyhound

gary
Stagnight/greyhound - half cross

Molly Stag -1st generation pup

Stag Possessed - 2nd generation pup

The answer will be no Gary Stag Possessed cannot go to a greyhound
right ive had this proposal looked at and as its worded it can be as the proposal says back to ANOTHER GHD for two generations .which by the wording ANOTHER means two generations from the pure ghd

after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations
Outcross progeny = the GHD cross produced. Hobgoblin is an example of an outcross progeny Hobgoblin Pedigree She cannot line a pure Greyhound.

her offspring Moonpie cannot line a Greyhound Moonpie Pedigree

and my understanding would be that Bobby Dazzler Bobby Dazzler Pedigree would be eligible for lining a greyhound.

Marie, could you confirm if this is the correct perception of the proposal made?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back