The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New french bull dog owner needing help on supplements please

Lucy and Franklyn

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Franklyn started scratching like mad 3 weeks ago, he’s a 4 month old french bull dog... I have no idea wat he has a allergy to.. been vets twice who were not really helpful.. ?? Skin infection ?? Ear mites?? Ear infection .. been on all antibiotics.. still continues to scratch.. so I started cooking his meals.. the scratching has got loads better.. I think it’s beef that doesn’t agree with him, I’ve sent off a fur sample online to see allergys( see how that works out) a little doubtful over it as it was only £40, but live and learn lol!! I just want to know if anyone has any ideas for supplements for french bull dogs as I don’t want to miss anythin important when cooking his meals.. thank you in advance, lucy&frankxx

Welcome ..can i ask what you are feeding him ...food related allergies are common in frenchies ...we had a beautiful rescue girl shw was brown brindle

Yes he is brown brindle to, I do fresh meat chicken, lamb, turkey with veggies cooked in coconut oil with potatoes and sweet potatoes, some have spinach and Brussels in. He has fruit too. I just don’t want miss anythin that he needs, I’ve seen the multi vitamins but unsure which ones to trust ect. I’m a new dog owner too so any advice is welcomed. Did ur suffer with allergy’s too

Haveyou considered feeding him raw meat instead of cooking it ...raw is so much better especially for a dog with allergies. ..
We fed Tilly the frenchie raw and with weeks her ears and skin cleared up ...its so much easier now you can buy foods already made with fruit and vegetable nuggets ...

I was thinking about this today as someone else I was just talking to recommend it, they have a raw supermarket near me to so I’m gonna take Franklyn down on Thursday and see their suggestions. Thank you so much for ur help.. fingers crossed x

Great news ...natures menu do a great variety of free flow minces ....block meats ...chunks ...bones of different types and fish nuggets and fruit and veggie nuggets ...
I have fed raw for years now and the health benefits are amazing ...
Let us know how it goes ;);););):);););):)

Great news ...natures menu do a great variety of free flow minces ....block meats ...chunks ...bones of different types and fish nuggets and fruit and veggie nuggets ...
I have fed raw for years now and the health benefits are amazing ...
Let us know how it goes ;);););):);););):)
I will do, thank you again x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back