The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New puppy owner...so far not going well :-(

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

If the insurance doesn’t pay out, tell me and I will donate £500 to the fund for you. I will speak to my clients and see if I can rally up some cakes and bits and bobs to do a little fundraiser- is anyone else up for this to help this poor pups costs? If you are I can set up a go fund me so all money raised goes towards the cost.

That is such a wonderful generous thing to offer..@Walkiestime

My heart goes out to you and your poorly puppy. After reading all the comments/reply's it is obvious that your poor pup was born with a problem of some sort which the breeder should have had checked out by a vet before selling the pup on to you. I know by me saying that it is of no help to you but if there is some way of getting the breeder to acknowledge he is in the wrong you may be able to at least get the vets bills paid by taking him to a small claims court. I would also be looking at getting the RSPCA to check the breeder and the conditions in which he breeds checked out. Fingers crossed your vet gets your poorly baby better very soon. x

Hi,

If the insurance doesn’t pay out, tell me and I will donate £500 to the fund for you. I will speak to my clients and see if I can rally up some cakes and bits and bobs to do a little fundraiser- is anyone else up for this to help this poor pups costs? If you are I can set up a go fund me so all money raised goes towards the cost.
What a lovely idea, if you can set up a go-fund-me I will gladly make a donation....please keep me posted with the details x

Huge hugs to you! Awful to hear this and you have to trust in the vets now. All the very best to you and your puppy.

Thinking of you. X

So sorry to hear about your poor puppy.

He is in the best place and the vets will be fighting and fighting for him. The nurses will love him so do not think that he will be sad without you.

Once he is better then do take the breeder on. This is much more common than people realise. The least he could do is to pick up the vet bills. Years ago in the early days of parvo virus, I bought a GSD puppy that was incubating parvo virus. Someone had walked it into the breeder's house. She paid for all my vet fees and we managed to save the pup. There is a legal column in Dogs Today magazine run by a legal expert if you need advice.

Do keep us posted as we are all worried too.

Hello as you were all so kind I'll just let you know, we've had Jim home for nearly 2 weeks now and he's much improved! We wont yet know if his struvite crystals/uti have gone... but he is VERY naughty and we're shattered so I suppose that's a good sign! He was so happy to see us and be home. Unfortunately his vaccinations all have to be started again! So it will be October before he can go out for walks. He is quite bored (as are we) of being cooped up and just being in our garden. We will take him to family gardens so he can have a bit of a different experience. I was wondering if I took him to the beach when the tide just goes out (and washes the sand) where there aren't any other dogs... or is that a massive risk? He's starting to get nippy out of frustration now as he's trying to find new places in the house to go but he's not allowedgv fcdxsza (sorry Jim typed that!) allowed!

You could buy him some toys for mental stimulation such as Kongs, lick mats, balls that have holes ect...

if I took him to the beach when the tide just goes out (and washes the sand) where there aren't any other dogs..
That is pretty safe. Normally i would say perfectly safe. The risk is from the urine and faeces of rats and unvaccinated dogs. But I would just check with a sensible vet though given his history.

You could buy him some toys for mental stimulation such as Kongs, lick mats, balls that have holes ect...
Thanks .. We have a Kong, I froze some peanut butter. He spends a little while licking it but because it gets away from him (and he hasn't yet worked out how to keep it still with his big paws!) he gets fed up! We tried lots of games hiding treats in towels and under pots. He has a toy you put food in he gets annoyed with it and gives up! He's such a quitter! haha Might try a lick mat!

Hi,

OH MY WORD!!! I'm SO sorry I have only just seen this!!!!! You must think I'm so rude! (we've been in an absolute fog!) Thank you... a million times over thank you... I would never have let you do that as it's far too much... but incredibly kind!!!!! Wow. Honestly ...that has just blown my mind. You wonderful person! Jim send you massive licks and many hand nibbles!

If you have instagram... you can follow what Jim is up to by searching jimdog_18

I can't tell you how overwhelmed I am for all of your responses and I'm really sorry I haven't kept up with the replies... I've been busy watching a puppy wee! :D

39409195_10156714812143594_4379060268869615616_n.jpg

Glad things are looking up. We had a hyperactive puppy and did the beach walks a lot. As the tide goes out salt water has washed it clean. So long as you're on fresh sand it should be fine. It saved our sanity many a time!

Sooo wonderful that your over the worst with Jim. I know what it’s like with a hyper bundle of fluff. Our breeder only gave 1 vaccination of parvovirus so we have had to wait an extra 3 weeks for walks with Theo. Might try the beach today as he has started to run in circles poor thing. I’ve already booked puppy classes with the Dogs Trust and can’t wait.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back