The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Season 2009

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A 900cc couldnt take that ass for a spin Southlodge :p Anyway Emma likes my ass fella and says youd need a JCB to haul it around :lol:

Yous are welcome any Sunday Shaun & Shona, See yiz there troops.! :thumbsup:

I've got a good few pics from today's mini flyball/agility to process, but I though I'd pop this one up just now to honor Bertie and his success in the first trophy race of the season :thumbsup:

3604919438_4bbf47d890_d.jpg

Who's that with Bertie (aka He's My Brother) - is it Scott (aka Scooby) the Track Manager? ;)

IT IS Bertie { aka Hes my Brother } Thee Radical left hand runner :( And it is Scott {aka Scooby} Thee Racing Manager esq :D First Trophy in da bag EASY oih oih oih, and a HUGE well done to his sister at Glouster Open yesterday = My Girl Lollipop winning the maiden con final in the 14/19lb weight group.! :thumbsup:

I opened this thread to see if there was a schedule for the season. It seems rather to be a a hodgepodge discussion about beagle and whippet racing. My eye is caught by the photos of the hoop and hurdle race. When/how often does the club organise that? Is it difficult to get the dogs to run through the hoops? did Maggie (+ other humans) go hoopla as well?

Hi Ya Macha, I trust you had a safe journey home? Sue and Paul bring the euipment they take there adorable beagles to agility lessons and decided to bring it along and lots of whippet owners and dogs were hooked me to say the least, many humans gave the course a once over and we loved it, a few humans got stuck in the tunnel, which just added to the fun, the dogs are naturals I would be bold as to say they all took to it like ducks to water, we humans walked the ccourse and went over the jumps then called the dogs, they instinctivly jumped where they were surpossed too, Emma :)

Would just like to wish my other half a very very happy birthday for tomoz the 17th Love and Best Wishes from Emma , Bertie, Braidy, Buck, Ted, Scud, Taur, Jen, x x x x :wub:

Have a great birthday!

We're planning on coming to racing on Saturday - Beanie can't wait to have a chase with this new super-beagle we've been hearing about. I assume he's friendly - he'll be too busy chasing the lure to bother anyone! We'll bring the agility stuff.

Although Emma - I have a new challenge. How do you fancy a Heel Work To Music contest? I just started today trying to teach Beanie some stuff. I don't think it'd be too hard to do. It just needs a bit of imagination. We could have a competition in a few weeks time. Send me your email address and I'll scan some pages from my big book of dog tricks and dance moves!

Natalie, I'm sorry it took so long to post up these pictures!!

Congratulations to "My Girl Lollipop" (owned and trained by Natalie Weir), winner of the 100 Metre Dash Sprint Trophy.

3691391480_df908a0f06.jpg

Maggie presents Natalie with her trophy

3690588399_9da80db0a6.jpg

2nd Place - Ted

3rd Place - Braidy

4th Place - Gwen Avery

Lots more piccies here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36886480@N02/...4790175/detail/

Wow! Well done Natalie, and what a beautiful wee doggie she is :huggles:

Arrow (WCRCh Talk of the Devil), says a huge well done to his daughter My Girl Lollipop!

thanks everyone natalie is over the moon with rosie and also your lovely comments are giving her great encouragement

A massive well done to Wee Natalie on the Schooling of this wee dog- My Girl Lollipop-WHO just BLEW the LIDS and was gone, its like watching a smaller version of this wee dogs daddy (WCRCH Talk of the Devil) Running, with My Girl Lollipops Brother Ted aka (Your Next) on the chase :D Just couldnt catch her, and she crossed the line in running style.! Well Done Wee Nat & My Girl Lollipop :thumbsup:

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I'm not able to create new threads.

I'm looking for some help.

Some of you will remember Kathleen & Neil Macdonald who were members last year and brought their 9 Beagles. The reason they haven't been back this year is that they've had such a run of bad luck.

One of their dogs was diagnosed with Epilepsy.

One had a slipped disk

One ripped off a dew claw

Then Kathleen found out her dad was dying of cancer

Then the final straw was that her favorite little dog Nollaig was diagnosed with an auto-immune problem that often proves fatal. Basically her red blood count keeps falling and they're keeping her alive with blood transfusions. The vets still believe there is a possibility of a cure, but they've worked their way through most of the known treatments without success. There are still a couple of options to try. But all the while Nollaig needs blood transfusions to keep her alive while they are trying to cure her.

For reasons that I don't fully understand, it's getting harder and harder to find a donor that's a good match. If when she next needs a transfusion, if the vets/blood banks etc can't come up with anything suitable then Nollaig will die....unless we can find a volunteer.

Blood donors need to be adult, over 20 - 25kg, healthy and fully innoculated. If you think you might be willing to help IF NEEDED (the vet may come up trumps) then please drop me a line and if and when the time comes I'll let you know how you can help and what would be involved.

beaniethebeagle@gmail.com

Please pass this info on to anyone that you think might be able to help.

The really tragic thing about this is that provided she gets the transfusions Nollaig is reasonably well. She's certainly not a sickly dog. However, keeping her that way and seeking a cure is costing thousands upon thousands of pounds. Bills are currently mounting at hundreds of pounds a week. Nolliag isn't insured. Kathleen and Neil are getting into terrible debt trying to save her. It'll be worth it if they succeed, but if they loose the battle and still end up having to pay off thousands of pounds worth of debt it will be heartbreaking. Just little things like knowing that people are willing to help out by giving blood will help ease the stress and worry a little.

This is little Nollaig:

2751411468_cc274ea528.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back