3563707823_27039b1154_d.jpg

3564527504_2c25f99ff9_d.jpg

3563712879_d30778a584_d.jpg

3564550518_131f9f4b63_d.jpg

I'm calling this one Tobi-Wan Kenobi :D

3564566960_61bbb6f11a_d.jpg

There are more shots (15 in total) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36886480@N02/...6477087/detail/

Nice pics Paul, yer wee bitch is runnin well troops, love the one of Bertie hammering the non peddy=Go Bertie Go.! :D

:eek: What you doing with Toby Jill :eek: ,,was he cold.

Okay,,we are now over the open,,boy it was hard work. My back was playing up big time, but thats life for me.

We hope to get to the track this weekend :thumbsup: , without the boys as John need's to fix Gary's quad bike, so it's coming home also :eek: I sometimes wish Santa never got him a quad lol.

See you's all soon ,,well with a bit of luck,,if not yous will see John :eek:

Thats NO Toby Susan--Its wee Suzie, and ofcourse shes bound to be cold, theres more fat on a racing snake :lol: be nice to see yous guys again ;) :thumbsup:

We wont be at the club tomorrow as we are off to the beech (w00t) . Going to the beech at Tayport.

We dont get this weather very often so making the most of it :thumbsup:

See yous soon

What a great day yesterday!

Paul got some nice video and photos of both racing and flyball/agility - we'll post them up as soon as we've had time to process them.

In the meantime I thought I'd post up a couple of flyball video's as a couple of people were saying they'd never heard of it!

First a video of time trials last month at Beanie and Biggles beginners class. All of these dogs have had just a few lessons. As you can see they learn the sport VERY quickly with the help of the fence to keep them on the course:

http://vimeo.com/4477595

And here's a nice video of a flyball competition (in America):

Equipment can all be made - there are plans freely available on the Internet.

Photos and vids of the whippets and beagles in action will be up shortly.....not sure if we caught the whippets on camera going OVER the tunnel (long ways!) instead of through it!!! Pretty sure we've got Scooby and Jill's bums dissapearing into the tunnel as they try to teach their dogs what to do :) :) (Still time to offer us payment to loose those piccies!).

OK, just the first couple of Beanie's two races as Jill, Graham, Scooby etc were advising us on how to fix a problem with Beanie.

Because we've had so many new Beagles joining this year (yay!) there have been lots of new, inexperienced dogs in pretty much every race. Understandably, the new dogs don't know what to do so they're just doing what comes naturally.

All of the dogs have a good 10lbs on Beanie, and some are twice as big. She just can't cope when they jostle or attack her. It's happened pretty much every week, and now her attitude to racing has changed. She's become timid and won't run fast when other dogs are near her. She's a different dog this year because of it.

The video is of Beanie's heat. The poor little thing has run from 5 yards behind but gets interfered with when she passes the lead dog. Apparently after the video stopped running another dog came over as she ran to Paul and Beanie was tense and growling as if she was intimidated or frightened - certainly on the defensive. If Paul hadn't been there it would have probably turned into a fight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27172079@N08/3585130370/

The photos are the final close to the finish line - she just hangs back and doesn't even try to pass this particular dog.

Beanie's at the back in blue. She started a yard ahead of Murphy (red) and really we'd have expected her to be ahead of him all the way (they ran neck and neck in a fun run after this).

3585135962_c4da7726bc.jpg

In this one it kicked off again and she backed off further and just trotted over the finish line:

3584329577_bcd60ce1bc.jpg

Now if the owner of the dog in question sees this then don't worry!! They're just dogs and they don't understand what to do yet. We're more than happy to be patient and wait for everything to settle as the new dogs find their feet. It's because Beanie is so small that this is a particular problem for her. But I just wanted to post this up so those trying to help get Beanie back to her old self can see what's going wrong for her. We have no problem with missing a few races. We just want her back to having fun and feeling confident.

Right - off out for a walk with the dogs, but tonight Paul will process the photos of the whippets agility capers and post them up. (Whippet racing was all over by the time we arrived yesterday)

Come on Susan and Paul - get the photos on - Ive been waiting nearly 24 hours !!!! But please no bum shots !!!

It was a great day yesterday, some great races, and we had so much fun with the agility course :D

Well done to Sonny, Rosie and Sween for their final wins :thumbsup:

And well done to Buck - agility star !!!!

Oh NO Susan-you must put them up--Cause i went through 12" tunnel with room to spare, where Jill went through the 24" tunnel and her BIG A-se got Jammed solid.! :p

Sorry to keep you in suspense for so long!

Nothing of the whippets racing today, but some stills of the whippets in action in flyball - or was it agility? Maybe we should call it FLAGILITY!

Sorry to everyone that was missed!

First here's the future "Cally Thistle Flagility Champ" watching and learning from the old fogies:

3586276744_f1a64212ed.jpg

I *think* this is little Buck in action?

3585456277_b5ebbc8039.jpg

3586262776_04538924a1.jpg

3586261404_346a6cee7c.jpg

3586260896_63a26158bf.jpg

3585451789_2331cb274e.jpg

More on the way....

Jill show's her gang how not to do it:

3585456949_f771876576.jpg

3585458789_520531db8f.jpg

...and they chase her down the course - not quite as demonstrated. But hey, mum has already proven that going *through* the tunnel is pretty darn slow! ;)

3586267676_2cb5fe96a0.jpg

3585463767_bcea279649.jpg

3585465431_c052ae93e6.jpg

Still more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Maggie demonstrating how to get a sexy side-ways leg action...

3586274228_65080d61bc.jpg

...and her little prodigy (Suzie?) proves to be a quick learner:

3585468787_23b32c039c.jpg

"You mean like this?"

Nearly done...

Notice Scooby's little buddy peeking over the top of the tunnel - thinks to himself "hmmm...no wonder Jill's dogs were jumping over the tunnel - there's a fat a*se stuck in it! - c'mon....out the way dad!!!!!"

3586277760_319af971dc.jpg

...10 minutes later.....

3585472323_ff2aa4e9b7.jpg

"You OK in there?"

And finally, the course manager checking to make sure all is as it should be at the end of proceedings:

3586281270_8a6b5e4475.jpg

All of these photos can be downloaded from the Cally Thistle Flickr account in high res for printing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36886480@N02/...57619100813638/

We didn't get any stills of the Beagles, but there are some videos that we'll put on Beanie's blog later.

I DO NOT have a big bottom! It 's a very small tunnel :angry: but very nice to see Buck taking part in this super activity, the poor fellow usually sits in the van as he is unable to race due to a freak accident when he was 4 month old, WATCH THIS SPACE AS BUCK will be MR AGILITY 2009 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Emma is so proud not only has she achieved top trainer with wee TED, now it looks like she has the top agility dog in the bag, she has waited all day to see BUCK her golden boy, and as if it could not get any better one of TED her other golden boy who is doing amazing times like Bertie, YEE HA from Emma x x x x x x :p

I spoke to Sarah and Ann - the teachers at Beanie & Biggles flyball club (Lomond Flyball). I told them that you guys had invited them up for a fun day out - some racing for their collies in exchange for some flyball lessons for the Beagles and Whippets. They said they'd love to come and just need to figure out when they can manage it (it's competition season for flyball and they're travelling all over the country at this time of year). But they're already placing bets on who's going to win - the beagles, the whippets or the collies. :)

Are their dates I should try and guide them towards if possible - perhaps when there's no important racing on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I DO NOT have a big bottom! It 's a very small tunnel :angry: but very nice to see Buck taking part in this super activity, the poor fellow usually sits in the van as he is unable to race due to a freak accident when he was 4 month old, WATCH THIS SPACE AS BUCK will be MR AGILITY 2009 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Emma is so proud not only has she achieved top trainer with wee TED, now it looks like she has the top agility dog in the bag, she has waited all day to see BUCK her golden boy, and as if it could not get any better one of TED her other golden boy who is doing amazing times like Bertie, YEE HA from Emma x x x x x x :p
its a good job i never saw scooby in the tunnel or i would have hooked it up to the quad and took him for a spin

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back