The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Cap

jasper.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this topic is for people who race sc dogs, you can give your vote on here now..lets see if WE want the cap or not......

this topic is for the the sc racers to give there vote, seen as it only concerns us....

should be able to get a good enough idea on here.

im a scratch racer i race nikki whizz @ the mo she weighs approx 46/47lb ive also had mickey whizz 50lb whisper whizz approx 45lb and whizziwig 38/39lb thats all the scratch dogs ive had. i DISAGREE with the 55lb cap.

Is it for scratch racers already registered?

scratch racers now vicky, unless you have a big pup you are concerned about registering.

I DONT WANT A POLL VOTE VICKY, AS ANYBODY CAN CORRUPT THE GENUINE VOTING..IT HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE FAIR.

Last edited by a moderator:
jasper. said:
scratch racers now vicky, unless you have a big pup you are concerned about registering.
I DONT WANT A POLL VOTE VICKY, AS ANYBODY CAN CORRUPT THE  GENUINE VOTING..IT HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE FAIR.

We have a scratch pup not yet registered with the BWRA, i'm quite happy with the 55lb cap if it means people will starts to breed smaller.

I think it says a lot for people who already own scratch dogs and are willing to accept the consequences (like Karen) of the 55lb weight cap, she obviously has the best interests of future WHIPPET racing at heart. :thumbsup:

I'd be very interested to hear of any whippets who's parents weren't from greyhounds yet went over the 55lb weight limit - personally can't think of any "throwback" that does.

your on the bwra now arnt you vicky :luck: if so can you tell us when the cap and breeding thingy comes into play not havin a dig just a question :))

Vicky said:
jasper. said:
I DONT WANT A POLL VOTE VICKY, AS ANYBODY CAN CORRUPT THE  GENUINE VOTING..IT HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE FAIR.

We have a scratch pup not yet registered with the BWRA, i'm quite happy with the 55lb cap if it means people will starts to breed smaller.

I think it says a lot for people who already own scratch dogs and are willing to accept the consequences (like Karen) of the 55lb weight cap, she obviously has the best interests of future WHIPPET racing at heart. :thumbsup:

I'd be very interested to hear of any whippets who's parents weren't from greyhounds yet went over the 55lb weight limit - personally can't think of any "throwback" that does.

cant think of any but it doesnt say it wont happen. when we raced mickey whizz they wanted to bring in a 49lb limit he was 50lb and he was bred whizziwig x mickey mouse. whizziwig was bred crazy cracker x ghd. oh ive just thought of one thats bred streisand x ghd someones already posted on here its 70lb+ in cornwall, demonic love also bred vivs quest x ghd i think someone said it was 62lb only 1 parent a ghd

if people dislike greyhound blood in our non peds so much they need to consider ped racing :(

sherry said:
Vicky said:
jasper. said:

cant think of any but it doesnt say it wont happen. when we raced mickey whizz they wanted to bring in a 49lb limit he was 50lb and he was bred whizziwig x mickey mouse. whizziwig was bred crazy cracker x ghd. oh ive just thought of one thats bred streisand x ghd someones already posted on here its 70lb+ in cornwall, demonic love also bred vivs quest x ghd i think someone said it was 62lb only 1 parent a ghd

Idf you breed from greyhounds though that's the risk you as a breeder MUST take. If you see my post i said "throwback" ie "who's parents weren't from greyhounds yet went over the 55lb weight limit"

so now im really curious is this 55lb limit to stop whippets breeding with ghds altogether? as ive just said a streisand x ghd went to 70+lb then demonic love 62lb vivs quest x ghd, theres also musclebound 56lb i think i know its hellbound but dont know the mother sorry but hellbound is a whippet

Vicky said:
jasper. said:

WHAT ABOUT PUPS ALREADY BORN THAT WILL BE REFUSED MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE OF THERE BREEDING NOT THERE WEIGHT

SOME OF MY PUPS WERE BORN A LONG TIME BEFORE THE PROPOSALS EVEN WENT OUT MY KILLEACKLE RENI X MAGICAL DREAMS PUP IS 13 MONTHS OLD 44LB COULD HAVE REGISTERD HER ALL LAST YEAR BUT NOW I CANT

TELL ME THATS RIGHT :rant

GARY

c im thinking 4 the future when i breed nikki whizz who is half ghd x a largish whippet ie nikitason x ghd im going to breed her with a 26lb dog hopefully but whose to say one of her pups wont go over 55lb? wot do i do? not breed her just incase or breed and prey they r all under 55lb? IMO its no fair to bring in a limit. i can understand the % thing ( well sort of lol) but the capping IMO is silly

Baileys comet 26lb freewheeler 32lb + free comet 56lb

Baileys comet 26lb pigeon 24lb + ben 56lb

also a dog called thorn boy ...can not remember its breeding ...but the rest of the litter where 20lb ish ..he made nearly 60lb

Don't agree with capping Vicky,I voted against it,as I believe if a whippet is put across a greyhound there is a risk of dogs going over the 55lb limit,I thought the way forward was the breeding proposal.I do believe in a democratic :thumbsup: vote,whether I agree with it or not.Was well aware before going to the AGM that there was a high risk of both the proposals being carried,which is one of the reasons I attended.It's a pity more scratch racers didn't attend to discuss how the proposals would be put into practise :(

Sorry Maurice i'm waffling a bit :lol:

i had a scratch dog trevors chaser 35lb when i had 2 run off with no limits i was a little bit worrid because the size of them but she is 9 now and never been injuredd

if i had a 16lb i would run against a 32lb its the same. so i voted no cap

there are fewer racers now then when i started 8 years ago so lets leave it.

if its not broken dont try 2 fix it.

ps dont get upset because all youve got 2 do is get a pertion get about 20 30 names and get it over ruled like they did over the kick boards

pps when you say you was WARNED dont drink in the pubs i drink in because youll get a clump.

it seems theres a few scratch racers against it. we r the ones it affects yet we seem to be against it. :blink:

I don't have ascratch dog. I used 2 run scratch dog's in the 70's and i bet virtually all the dog's running today have grayhound in them some where along the line that's where all your top yd per lb dog's come from so bollock's 2 the capping no lmt mean's no lmt stop running 4 supreme

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back