The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Cap

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I agree the breeding should be down sized the best way we can ... and there is a few breeder took the p**** the past few years ... :oops:

But do think some consideration for bitches in whelp and pups already born needs to be applied ...

I know quite a few people will not have a problem re-homing over 55lbers as they do there other dogs that don't make the grade, but there also alot of people whom keep there dogs for life and could be possibly limited to how many they own

As the saying goes [SIZE=14pt]Rome wasn't built in a day [/SIZE]

DENISE BAILEY said:
I agree the breeding should be down sized the best way we can ... and there is a few breeder took the p**** the past few years ... :oops: But do think some consideration for bitches in whelp and pups already born needs to be  applied ...

I know quite a few people will not have a problem re-homing over 55lbers as they do there other dogs that don't make the grade, but there also alot of people whom keep there dogs for life and could be possibly limited to how many they own

As the saying goes [SIZE=14pt]Rome wasn't built in a day [/SIZE]

agree with you on that one Dee there should at the very least be a time allowed to take into consideration any bitch already mated so e.g allowing the gestation period of 9 weeks takes it to the 15 Feb 2009 so if it has to be capping it should IMO only apply to pups born after this date

even pups born now cart or couldnt get registerd untill they had all there jabs at about 10 weeks. so its not asif peoepl could get pups registerd before the agm. and all these pups were breed under the correct rules as they stood at the time

I am new to the world of non ped whippets,

and have no previous knowlage of what has gone on for the past few years,

But i would be deverstated if my two pups could not race due to these rule

changes,

If any breeder has bred a litter of pups within the rules laid down at the time

then they should be allowed to compete when they reach the correct age to

register with a fed and race,

to not allow this would be criminal,

This rule should be brought in over a phased period of time.

Some may say you are not a member of the BWRA

I would have joined this year but was advised it was to late in the year to do so,

i have now given the paperwork to our club sec to pass on to the BRWA

to register our two pups and become members of the BWRA,

But as i said before if they are refused under this new rule then we would

be deverstated after buying in good faith, and being bred within the rules

at that time, plus the costs of bringing them on to date traveling over 50 miles

each way to our local club to school them on taking our time not to rush them

I THINK THIS WOULD BE CRIMINAL.

AND NEEDS TO BE RE THOUGHT

I have to say we have two dogs that will be well inside the capping, but others

comming into the sport my not be so lucky, can any sport afford to lose any

new commers. :( :(

RAY

raymac I couldn't of put it better, like you i am new to the non ped scene and intend to race my bitch next year. :thumbsup: Diane

So glade my girl hasn't gone over 55 lb, but i feel sorry for any body's that might. :(

GOOD POST RAYMAC IMO IT JUST SHOWS THAT NEWCOMERS CAN TAKE A SENSIBLE LOOK AT OUR ARGUMENTS AND SEE LOGICAL SOLUTIONS.FISTLY WE MUST WAIT FOR THE TOP TABLE OF THE BWRA TO CLARIFY WHEN AND HOW THE NEW RULES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.THE STARTING DATES MUST NOT EFFECT DOGS ALREADY WHELPED AND BITCHES IN PUP THAT IS THE CRUX OF THE ARGUMENT.IT MUST BE CAREFULLY THOUGHT THROUGH AND STAGGERED TO TAKE EFFECT IN STAGES SO EVERYBODY IS HAPPY.WE JUST CANT AFFORD TO LOSE ANY WHIPPETEERS.

I THINK IT IS GOOD TO HAVE A CAP ON THE NO LIMIT WEIGHT BUT THINK THE RULE SHOULD APPLY ON BREEDING FROM THIS DATE AND NOT TO PUPS THAT ARE ALREADY BORN.

as ive said b4 the majority of scratch racers or @ least no limit racers are against the capping, they r not against the breeding thing providing it doesnt apply to pups born now or bitches in whelp etc seems reasonable to me. wot i cant get my head around is non scratch racers voting for a 55lb cap when their dogs will never race against a no limit? so if u r a yds per pound racer and voted for the capping can u explain why? if anybody mentions the breeding thing then that has already been addressed so why do we need to cap the no limit? doesnt make any sense to me. :blink: people say everyone votes on things to do with yds per 1lb racing... theres never any proposals for that that i can think of???

p.s i can kind of understand a 36lb or 40lb scratch racer voting for capping as they wont want to race against them in a supreme scratch race like gary bailey said do away with that then maybe i dont know. :blink: :blink: :blink:

it needs time its simple :( should of set a date for the begining of next season its not fair on owners whos puppies are allready born and the cap wont work it will just cost the sport to loose members :(

agree with rob raymacs post says it all :) yor right kaz the sup has a lot to answer for

Last edited by a moderator:
yd/lb racing as a cap of 32lb so why can't a cap of 55lb apply to scratch racing . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've previously scratch raced wherehas i think the capped limit is a fair idea what im not too keen about is the amount of greyhound blood in the no-limiters....i really cant see how anyone can justify a 3/4ghd xghd a whippet  if you wanna race dogs of that breeding then ghd race or lurcher race just dont try and pass them off as whippets.Its the breeding that should be monitored but then will people be dishonest and try and pass off a dog which can technically be classed as a greyhound as a whippet that just got too big?????...but then nothing supprises me in whippet racing anymore.

JOHNG said:
yd/lb racing as a cap of 32lb so why can't a cap of 55lb apply to scratch racing . :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

michelle said:
I've previously scratch raced wherehas i think the capped limit is a fair idea what im not too keen about is the amount of greyhound blood in the no-limiters....i really cant see how anyone can justify a 3/4ghd xghd a whippet  if you wanna race dogs of that breeding then ghd race or lurcher race just dont try and pass them off as whippets.Its the breeding that should be monitored but then will people be dishonest and try and pass off a dog which can technically be classed as a greyhound as a whippet that just got too big?????...but then nothing supprises me in whippet racing anymore.
that's my veiw as well. THERE IS TOO MUCH GREYHOUND IN THEM

AND PEOPLE THAT DID'NT BOTHER TO VOTE SHOULD'NT HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER.

JOHNG said:
JOHNG said:
yd/lb racing as a cap of 32lb so why can't a cap of 55lb apply to scratch racing . :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

michelle said:

think you wrong john ...all members should have a say as we all pay our membership each year

dee

JOHNG said:
u aint capping the scratch as such u r capping the no limit which imo means no limit and i did vote against it :thumbsup:

mutley said:
JOHNG said:
JOHNG said:

michelle said:

think you wrong john ...all members should have a say as we all pay our membership each year

dee

:D

sorry but i don't agree,if you did'nt send your postal vote back then you don't have a say,( THE CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR SAY WAS ON THE VOTING PAPER ) do the members realise how much time and effort goes into organising a postal vote , :thumbsup:

sherry said:
JOHNG said:
u aint capping the scratch as such u r capping the no limit which imo means no limit and i did vote against it :thumbsup:
HOW DO YOU WORK THAT OUT CAROL,

there is a 32lb limit for yd/lb racing ,now there will be a 55lb limit for scratch racing :thumbsup:

so what's the differance

mutley said:
you back in the game then :p
com'on gary just say what you mean .

like i said in a previous post i may not race anymore but i still CARE what happens and goes on. :))

and will the n.n.w.r.f. be following the b.w.r.a. example and put a 55lb limit on,

the reason i ask is because it was two fed committee members that proposed it. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back