The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Cap

If i wanted,i could have Our Dannyboy,at,or above 55lb,and still be in good enough shape to race.He is from a 17lb whippet,and same weight as Magical Reni.52/53LB.Will be looking to regester them both,soon as i get a club thingy sorted.

billyboy45 said:
If i wanted,i could have Our Dannyboy,at,or above 55lb,and still be in good enough shape to race.He is from a 17lb whippet,and same weight as Magical Reni.52/53LB.Will be looking to regester them both,soon as i get a club thingy sorted.
HE CAN RUN BUT CANT GET AN ANSWER FOR RENI ASK TWO REPS GOT A YES AND A NO . SO IF THEY DONT KNOW SHOWS YOU HOW THE AGM WAS RUN

THANK GOD FOR THE NNWRF

GARY

proposed M L Mottram 2nd C Breccon

breeders to continue to outcross to ghd but after an outcross progeny may not crossed to another ghd for 2 generations, this would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria, as with all things whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members

for 123 against 36 abstain 13 passed

debbie said:
proposed  M L Mottram    2nd  C Breccon
breeders to continue to outcross to ghd but after an outcross progeny may not crossed to another ghd for 2 generations, this would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria, as with all things whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members

for  123    against  36  abstain    13          passed

From what date

DENISE BAILEY said:
debbie said:
proposed   M L Mottram     2nd   C Breccon

for  123    against  36   abstain    13          passed

From what date

all proposals to start from agm, date they were passed

debbie said:
proposed  M L Mottram    2nd  C Breccon

for  123    against  36  abstain    13          passed

we know all that deb but it should still be set bye a futer date to be fair to folks with pups

They you go a straight answer from or rep :thumbsup:

debbie said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
debbie said:
proposed   M L Mottram     2nd   C Breccon

for  123    against  36   abstain    13          passed

From what date

all proposals to start from agm, date they were passed

thats what makes it pathetic deb even the proposer said she didnt think it would be straight in place and people would get time and chance to sort things out

gaz best telephone alison or someone see what you can do

putting a cap to the no limit was a stupid idea, and i voted NOT to.....the breeding is the way to head to ..

We voted no to capping :thumbsup: never had a problem with a dogs weight, everyone knows my opinion on amount of greyhound in some of our scratch dogs breeding, but this is not the time to be falling out with each other.

We voted no to weight capping, agree with you Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also voted for no capping !! there's enough people leaving the sport without forcing people out of the job because there dog is to big,for Gods sake surely it should be about promoting racing our dogs whatever shape or sizing as long as theres dogs to run against ,I wonder if the yd per lb old school are frightened the scratch dogs are taking over ????because in the few years that I've raced, some of the best racing I've seen has come from scratch races of all weights,and before I get jumped on from a great hieght I own both a scratch dog and yd per lb dogs and can't for the life of me see why people are so focussed on scratch dogs when they don't even affect them in any way

not one person has answered on here that they are for the capping. saying as it seems the majority of scratch racers r against it im wondering who wants the capping and why? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the capping, the reason being because rules regarding breeding alone wouldn't work because I believe people would lie.

I wasn't happy about the cap but it was either something or nothing and as those who attended the Reps proposal meeting know, I didn't feel one proposal would sort out scratch racing.

It's a shame that proposals have to be set in stone, I think it would be better if they could be collated and ammended to suit the majority with the blessing of the proposer.

I voted AGAINST capping as an owner/breeder/racer of both scratch (40lb & no limit) and yd/lb

in the 40+ years I have been involved in whippet racing some of the best fun and sportsmanship has been in the scratch racing

WHAT A SAD LOSS THIS SECTION OF DOGS WILL BE IN SOME OF THE RACI NG CALENDAR. We need to be encouraging people to the sport not driving them out for gods sake some opens are including sections for lurchers and peddies at quite a few events around the country to try and increase attendances

wild whippies said:
I voted for the capping, the reason being because rules regarding breeding alone wouldn't work because I believe people would lie.
I wasn't happy about the cap but it was either something or nothing and as those who attended the Reps proposal meeting know, I didn't feel one proposal would sort out scratch racing.

It's a shame that proposals have to be set in stone, I think it would be better if they could be collated and ammended to suit the majority with the blessing of the proposer.

spot on jac :thumbsup:

i voted to cap them on the same principle, like i said before it's not how big they are it's how they are being bred. :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back