The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
wild whippies said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHICH SCRATCH DOGS WEIGH 60LB THAT ARE RACING AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW OF ANY.

Nope I can't, I wanted to put 50+lb but was advised not to because some folk may get the hump about it. By me changing my statement to 60+lb the hope was I would not make an individual feel singled out.

Karen whatever your dogs breeding and whatever their end weight I wish you the best of luck for the future with good, competitive and safe races, as I do all racers. :thumbsup:

WHY WOULD ANYONE TAKE THE HUMP ME PERSONALY I ONLY TAKE THE HUMP AS YOU SAY WHEN SOMEONE SUGGESTS IF THEY GO OVER A CERTAIN WEIGHT YOU SHOULD GET THEM PUT TO SLEEP SO DONT ALL JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON.

THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS COMMENT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

SO I HOPE YOU KNOW UNDERSTAND WHY I FEEL SO STRONGLY

BY THE WAY MY NO LIMIT DOG WEIGHS 56LB EXACT

I understand why you feel strongly and one thing that can be agreed on this thread is that not one person is for capping the No Limit. One thing seems sure, the majority will not vote in it's favour :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
There no wonder the scr people get upset, as every year its the same thing that gets discussed [SIZE=14pt]Capping of the No Limits[/SIZE]

Makes me wonder why?

Lets say it was enforced, wonder what would happen to the dogs that did go over the set weight ...would they ended up down the same road as some greyhounds do :( ....maybe the people proposing the capping every year should consider

the long team out come

Great debate :thumbsup:

Is the person or people that suggested the capping in the first place taking part in this unnecessary discussion, or have they just thrown a ferret down a warren to see what comes out ?

I wish Graham all the best with Magical Dreams. I dont go racing a lot at the mo' but Gary F' keeps me up to date on whats occuring. Good luck to you all, thats what I say.

By the way Gary B' hows that crackin little terrier bitch gettin on? :thumbsup:

THIS IS BETTER THAN LISTENING TO CHUBBY BROWN,LOL WHAT A LOT OF CRAP ,TONY I BRED NAZ WITH MY GREYHOUND HOPING TO GET A COUPLE OF PUPS TO RUN WITH THE NO LIMITS,WHICH HOPEFULLY IVE GOT,

I think it about time this topic ended lets all start and pull together for the sake of our sport and enjoy it.

hey bro i dont think you need to worry about your pups there defo no limiters time will tell.good luck with them see you 2 morrow night

phew thought this topic was going to beat the picture captions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and yes i do take it as a insult when you call magical dream a greyhound none of the other pups out of the litter are mentioned mandies dream 42lb penny black 40lb magical stag 49lb also molly stag as produced open class dogs in every litter not just when i put her to a greyhound ,which is why she is top brood bitch 2006

NCH RAPID STAG

NCH SPIRIT OF THE STAG

NCH STAG POSSESSED ALSO 36LB RCH

RUNNER UP RCH SICK NOTE

AND YES SUP NCH AND SUP RCH MAGICAL DREAMS

AND YES WITH HIS BREEDING I WILL GO ON TO PRODUCE MORE BIG AND SMALL WHIPPETS AND SCRATCH DOG S OUT OF HIM.

COME ON SUE AND COME ON ERNIE WERE BOTH GIVEN THE SAME TITLE

SUE WAS 49LB AND ERNIE WAS 52LB AND 24" TO THE SHOLDER NEVER SEEN A GREYHOUND DOG THAT SMALL IN MY LIFE.

THERE SCRATCH DOGS :rant: :rant: GARY

THATS IT I FEEL BETTER NOW :p :p :p :p :D :cheers:

GARY

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary am I correct in saying yes you bred a good litter in Come on Sue/Ernie and the others but the Sire was Come of Chief, A GREYHOUND and not a whippet, :oops:

GRAHAM PEM said:
I think it about time this topic ended lets all start and pull together for the sake of our sport and enjoy it.hey bro i dont think you need to worry about your pups there defo no limiters time will tell.good luck with them see you 2 morrow night

well said graham :thumbsup: and gaz you have bred some good whippets m8 :thumbsup:

EY UP NEIL,.. 20LB LAST NIGHT, AND ONLY 12 WEEKS.. :cheers: HI,HI,HI,HEEEEEE :thumbsup:

YES THE SIRE WAS BUT NOT THE DAM

SO IT IS NO DIFFERENT TO A MATEING THE OTHER WAY ROUND

EXCEPT THAT WAY YOU GET TO PICK A CLASS GREYHOUND RATHER THAN A GRADER WHICH IN MY OPINION IT PRODUCES BETTER PUPS AS LONG AS THE BITCH CAN DO HER BIT.

IN MOLLYS STAGS CASE SHE CAN AND IN MISS ELLIES THE SAME.

GARY :cheers:

It the same old crap with every topic on here nowadays, we are all to quick to pic holes in other people and put in our 2 pennies worth.

This Capping hasn't even been proposed and everybody still has to have their say on that matter, when the subject is'nt even up for debate. Its crazyness, if certain people put as much effort into trying to save the sport as they do ruining it things would be much better for all concerned.

If you look at most and i say most of the scratch racers they also have handicap dogs, so do you really want to force them out?

I think we have enough people leaving the sport without putting added pressure on the people who choose to run bigger dogs as they are constantly defending themselves. How is that fair just because of the size of thier dogs?

Personally i think the scratch racers are well within their rights to be defensive, but maybe amongst them should discuse the handicaps, i am not suggesting capping at all, but if some scratch racers feel they get a rough deal it should be up to the people who race scratch dogs to talk it out and find a possitive solution.

Not people on a power trip that want things to go back to 'the old days', people have got to realise if they keep on with thier agenda's they are moving further away from those times.

There said my piece on the matter, Good luck to everybody regardless of how big or heavy your dog is or how its bred, and what racing you choose to do with it.

X Jade X

Just going off topic here lol :- "

But did anyone else notice the Merrel collie + whippet that weighed in on Sunday, it nearly took Bruce's hand off (w00t) ....26lb bitch ..cannot remember what they called it , but when i asked for there cards they walked away

pleased or what :p heres a pic for your book fletch :D

spiritofthestag.jpg

gary farmer said:
and yes i do take it as a insult when you call magical dream a greyhound none of the other pups out of the litter are mentioned mandies dream 42lb  penny black 40lb  magical stag 49lb also molly stag ..............................
COME ON SUE AND COME ON ERNIE WERE BOTH GIVEN THE SAME TITLE

SUE WAS 49LB AND ERNIE WAS 52LB AND 24" TO THE SHOLDER NEVER SEEN A GREYHOUND DOG THAT SMALL IN MY LIFE.

THERE SCRATCH DOGS    :rant:   :rant:     GARY

Molly stag is a 3/4 ghd 1/4 whippet ( it's even more ghd than that but perhaps we can ignore Black Venture) and was mated to a ghd to produce Magical Dreams. I'm guessing that the mating wasn't expected to produce many handicap weight dogs but to produce dogs to run in scratch races. Nothing wrong with that. No rules have been broken here. Given Grahams prevoius history of dogs I'm guessing he likes big dogs that he can bend race and perhaps have a crack at the ghds in the sprint bend races. Nothing wrong with that either and he hasn't broken any rules in winning his titles.

Ditto Miss Ellie who is a 3/4 ghd 1/4 whippet ( agaim more ghd than that but again perhaps we can ignore Black Fox and Pigalle Glory) who was mated to a ghd to produce Come on Ernie and Come on Sue.

Whether you think it's fair or not to run against 7/8 ghd 1/8 whippets is immaterial unless the rules are changed as scratch racing isn't exclusive AFAIK.

[SIZE=14pt] I'M NOT IN FAVOUR OF CAPPING THE NO LIMIT OR EXCLUDING DOGS BY WAY OF BREEDING[/SIZE]

phew hope that's clear :D

Of course geneticaly a 7/8 ghd 1/8 whippet isn't the case for these dogs above. There is independant assortment of chromatids in meiosis so the actual amount of grandparents genes passed on can vary from 0 to 50% with the assumption from the fractional notation it will be 25%. The number of genes that differentiate a whippet from a ghd is likely to be very small. Once genes are lost through reduction in meiosis they are gone for good and cannot be expressed again in future offspring. Clearly it's easy to breed the whippet genes out of a line by constant outcrossing to ghds and if this is the case it's just semantics that differenciate between any such offspring being a ghd or a scratch dog because geneticaly such offspring will be identical to ghds.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back