The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Not Long Now

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Good Luck, Nicky - we want lots of pics!
I read the previous posts and it totally didn't read to me like Bertha was having a go - was quite surprised to read the big justification as if she had said something out of order. :unsure: Justmentioned it so you didn't think you were being got at! We've seen pics of your dogs on here and they always look very clean, loved and well cared for. :)
The reason was a remark made by whippetrus, if you go back on the thread.

Nicky has had plenty of people having a go about the fact that she purchased one iggy let alone two. I was not surprised Nicky felt yet again she had a need to justify her actions. Hence the comment I made.

This board is supposed to be about everybody sharing their experiences with their dogs. Maybe we could just get back to that and enjoy the photos that Nicky chooses to post. Goodluck with Poppy Nicky. What a lovely idea to give your new iggy that name.

I read the previous posts and it totally didn't read to me like Bertha was having a go - was quite surprised to read the big justification as if she had said something out of order. :unsure: Justmentioned it so you didn't think you were being got at! We've seen pics of your dogs on here and they always look very clean, loved and well cared for. :)
the reason for my long replie was ....me and ann dont see eye to eye and have had few choice words and pms ,so i thought she was just having another dig BUT i see now that she wasnt so all is ok :D

I've got 2 iggy's that are 3 months apart in age and in hindsight I wish i'd not bought the second so soon after my ex racer greyhound died. I felt the need to fill the gap she had left in the house and sophie my first iggy who was only 6 months old was so sad when her big friend disappeared, she would sit by the front door crying and waiting for Poppy to come back. It was heartbreaking to see her so confused. So we got Oliver as a companion for her, who is lovely but i'm not sure that they actually like each other, there's a lot of fighting and dominating going on with our two. Perhaps because you have other larger dogs who know the pecking order yours will be more settled than mine. I'm hoping they will sort it out soon and not actually hurt each other. Or it could be this is how iggy puppies play with each other???

Can't wait to see some pictures of your new addition

Jo, Sophie & Oliver xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 iggy's that are 3 months apart in age and in hindsight I wish i'd not bought the second so soon after my ex racer greyhound died. I felt the need to fill the gap she had left in the house and sophie my first iggy who was only 6 months old was so sad when her big friend disappeared, she would sit by the front door crying and waiting for Poppy to come back. It was heartbreaking to see her so confused. So we got Oliver as a companion for her, who is lovely but i'm not sure that they actually like each other, there's a lot of fighting and dominating going on with our two. Perhaps because you have other larger dogs who know the pecking order yours will be more settled than mine. I'm hoping they will sort it out soon and not actually hurt each other. Or it could be this is how iggy puppies play with each other???
Can't wait to see some pictures of your new addition

Jo, Sophie & Oliver xx
im very lucky as my lot are very good at excepting new comers into our pack o:) and i love a mad full house so really cant wait for another ,all my dogs have ther order and all get on fine ,im shure our new additon will fit in just fine :D any pics of your babies would love to see sum if youd like to share :)

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the lovely Poppy. Have you got any at the mo Nicky or are we going to have to wait until she arrives?

the reason for my long replie was ....me and ann dont see eye to eye and have had few choice words and pms ,so i thought she was just having another dig BUT i see now that she wasnt so all is ok :D
Thank you :lol:

Finally managed to get a picture small enough!! The Red & White one is Sophie and the Blue is Oliver.

web_piccy4.jpg

Finally managed to get a picture small enough!! The Red & White one is Sophie and the Blue is Oliver.
:wub: ooo gosh ther gorgouse :wub: oliver is sooo cute and sophie looks a little o:) thanks for sharing :D

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the lovely Poppy. Have you got any at the mo Nicky or are we going to have to wait until she arrives?
computer says noooo you can wait till she comes :p

Thank you :lol:
your welcome :p

Not long now nicky :D we get our little boy in 2 weeks time and like you i carnt wait :p

Aw Nicky how exciting... so great too for Lily to have someone her size to play with as well and also for Tia to mother :wub:

Fabulous name and such a wonderful idea :huggles:

oooh Nicky, I bet you are soo exicted!!!

Owning two Iggys is fab!!! I went straight from two to four dogs and i love all four of them!! Poppy is such a lovely name and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Not many sleeps to go!!! Good luck with her I am sure she will settle in quickly and give you years of joy.

Just the one more to get now, Nicky, then you'll have a round number of 8 ;)

I do think Meg needs a lurcher friend .... I know of some lovely pups who will be 8 weeks old at the beginning of October :- :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Good luck for ickle Poppy's arrival, hun :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

oooh Nicky, I bet you are soo exicted!!!
Owning two Iggys is fab!!! I went straight from two to four dogs and i love all four of them!! Poppy is such a lovely name and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Not many sleeps to go!!! Good luck with her I am sure she will settle in quickly and give you years of joy.
arnt we due more pics now of your to mrs :-

Just the one more to get now, Nicky, then you'll have a round number of 8 ;)
I do think Meg needs a lurcher friend .... I know of some lovely pups who will be 8 weeks old at the beginning of October :- :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Good luck for ickle Poppy's arrival, hun :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:
(w00t) (w00t) jane STOP IT!!you no how easily led i am :- no 7 is enough now :sweating: no more room on my bed and it would have to sleep on the floor cant be having that can we :teehee:

Gosh Nicky will you really have 7! Must say I have lost count :lol:

Nicky, Congratulation and good luck with the new arrival. I would just like to say having been a avid watcher on K9 for the last 2 years, there is nobody else on this forum who I would rather my Jasper to go to if anything, (god forbid) happened to me! Although after what happened to Blue and Jasmine, Jasper is only allowed out of his bubble wrap for toilet and feeding and THAT IS IT!!!!! As for going out for a walk or a run you can FORGET IT HE IS FAR TO PRECIOUS!!!! (only joking by the way). You can see that all of your dogs are very lucky to have an owner like you, and little Poppy's memory is being carried on in the next little addition is a lovely gesture :wub: . I can't wait for the pictures. I must have missed you being judged for having a Iggy - my response to that is what has it got to do with anybody else, keep your noses out!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back