The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Not the woods again!

Discussion in 'Dog Pictures and Videos' started by JudyN, Jul 9, 2018.

1. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

This is what I call Jasper's saluki look - turning his head away and totally blanking me. It can happen when it's raining but now it's a case of 'No Mum, I don't want to go to the woods again! I'm fed up of the woods, I wanna go to the heath, or the golf course, or the park, anywhere but the woods!'

[​IMG]

Of course, at the moment it's too hot to go anywhere else so if all else fails, I tell him I'm going to shut him in the car and go on my own. It always works, because he hasn't yet twigged I wouldn't ever do that ;)

2. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Active Member Registered

Must admit I’m getting bored of the woods.…longing for 21 degrees tomorrow :D Jasper has such an aloof look about him :rolleyes:

3. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

We have a very pleasant 18 degrees here. Come visit!

leashedForLife, excuseme and JudyN like this.
  4. JudyN

Ooh, tempting, @JoanneF! It should be 22c here tomorrow so hopefully he'll be up for a pub lunch:)

5. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

I'm bored with the river walk - only place with shade and a couple of places where he can wallow to cool off that I can go without getting the car out. It's overcast here but still 29 degrees.

6. JudyN

We've had to use the car for all walks - the woods are only about a mile away and up a trailway, but I don't want him getting overheated halfway home.

7. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

18 degrees sounds like bliss! 29 here to today - just too hot for these dogs!

8. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Active Member Registered

Looks like few cooler days here in Surrey but back up to 27 degrees again on Saturday :(

9. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

Today it has been cloudy but really warm... Olive and co will be going for a walk after dinner. Jasper looks so cute sat like that! :)

10. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

We are lucky where I live as there are 3( 4 with a short walk, )different woods around us all within a 10 min drive of all my dogs, so have a slight variety for them.. and everytime I find myself even thinking about moaning I remind myself how long, so long, our wet, muddy winter was!! Saying that it has gone quite dark outside at the mo, we might get rain, hoo-bloody-ray!!!!!!!!!!! Shhhhhhhhh...;)

leashedForLife, Josie and Mayblossom like this.
  11. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

It is too hot! We've started taking Jimmy in the car to his usual evening walk, walk him about, then drive home. It sounds lazy, but the 10 minute walk there in the sun is unbearable for us and we're not wearing fur coats!

I was out on my bike on Sunday, had heat stroke symptoms, had to stop and lie down under some trees for an hour and buy some bottled water from a pub opposite :eek: Riding home down the motorway, with my jacket open (the risk of heat exhaustion outweighed the risk of crash protection at this point), it was 33 degrees. It was like having a hair dryer pointed at my chest. Just too damned hot!

leashedForLife likes this.
  12. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

:eek::eek::eek: we forget about us and keeping ourselves cool! hope you've recovered!

arealhuman and Violet Turner like this.
  13. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Feeling better now, thanks @Josie :)

Violet Turner and leashedForLife like this.