The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Not the woods again!

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is what I call Jasper's saluki look - turning his head away and totally blanking me. It can happen when it's raining but now it's a case of 'No Mum, I don't want to go to the woods again! I'm fed up of the woods, I wanna go to the heath, or the golf course, or the park, anywhere but the woods!'

43296885601_ebbc9a68ac_c.jpg

Of course, at the moment it's too hot to go anywhere else so if all else fails, I tell him I'm going to shut him in the car and go on my own. It always works, because he hasn't yet twigged I wouldn't ever do that ;)

Must admit I’m getting bored of the woods.…longing for 21 degrees tomorrow :D Jasper has such an aloof look about him :rolleyes:

Ooh, tempting, @JoanneF! It should be 22c here tomorrow so hopefully he'll be up for a pub lunch:)

I'm bored with the river walk - only place with shade and a couple of places where he can wallow to cool off that I can go without getting the car out. It's overcast here but still 29 degrees.

We've had to use the car for all walks - the woods are only about a mile away and up a trailway, but I don't want him getting overheated halfway home.

18 degrees sounds like bliss! 29 here to today - just too hot for these dogs!

Looks like few cooler days here in Surrey but back up to 27 degrees again on Saturday :(

Today it has been cloudy but really warm... Olive and co will be going for a walk after dinner. Jasper looks so cute sat like that! :)

We are lucky where I live as there are 3( 4 with a short walk, )different woods around us all within a 10 min drive of all my dogs, so have a slight variety for them.. and everytime I find myself even thinking about moaning I remind myself how long, so long, our wet, muddy winter was!! Saying that it has gone quite dark outside at the mo, we might get rain, hoo-bloody-ray!!!!!!!!!!! Shhhhhhhhh...;)

It is too hot! We've started taking Jimmy in the car to his usual evening walk, walk him about, then drive home. It sounds lazy, but the 10 minute walk there in the sun is unbearable for us and we're not wearing fur coats!

I was out on my bike on Sunday, had heat stroke symptoms, had to stop and lie down under some trees for an hour and buy some bottled water from a pub opposite :eek: Riding home down the motorway, with my jacket open (the risk of heat exhaustion outweighed the risk of crash protection at this point), it was 33 degrees. It was like having a hair dryer pointed at my chest. Just too damned hot!

It is too hot! We've started taking Jimmy in the car to his usual evening walk, walk him about, then drive home. It sounds lazy, but the 10 minute walk there in the sun is unbearable for us and we're not wearing fur coats!

I was out on my bike on Sunday, had heat stroke symptoms, had to stop and lie down under some trees for an hour and buy some bottled water from a pub opposite :eek: Riding home down the motorway, with my jacket open (the risk of heat exhaustion outweighed the risk of crash protection at this point), it was 33 degrees. It was like having a hair dryer pointed at my chest. Just too damned hot!

:eek::eek::eek: we forget about us and keeping ourselves cool! hope you've recovered!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back