The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Olive's Diary

Violet Turner

Registered
Dog Walking Manchester
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
4th March 2018
Bow wow, my name is Olive. You may know me off the other diary, I am a proud new mum to four puppies: Doris, Ollie, Samson and Fudge. The boys have left to their forever homes. I’m confused of where they have gone and I’m missing them like crazy! :( I have not eaten today because I’m really worried and my human mum is really trying to help by stroking me, taking me for a super-duper long walk, and she said she will buy me some treats and toys I’m looking forward to this parcel coming ;). I was rescued by my human mum and dad in a small town in Spain. I love my new cozy home, and I also love bouncing in the thick, freezing, white powdery stuff on the floor :) I recently pulled a muscle in my leg so I was off duty for a few days, this meant no walks, but I’m feeling much better now and I can’t wait for my next vet appointment because I get lots of my favorite treats Gravy Bones yum :) I can’t wait until my ‘bath robe’ comes whatever this means? I also have had my lead and collar binned and cannot go out without one as I can be a little naughty. I hope my collar and lead comes soon, mum says thanks @Caro Perry for the recommendation :)

I also await pictures with great anticipation :D I've looked at those "drying bags" for Harri but not taken the plunge yet

I also await pictures with great anticipation :D I've looked at those "drying bags" for Harri but not taken the plunge yet
they look great i will have to do a review and tell you how they are.

5th March 2018

Wow this week so far is tough, my babies have gone but I have heard a rumour of Fudge coming back yay! Also my human mum has started feeding me much nicer food things I’ve never heard of like liver, kidney, chicken raw, beef mince raw and my favourite thing that she puts with it is watermelon it is amazing, and egg. I will keep you all updated on Fudge if you have any questions that you want my mum to answer then comment below. Anyhow, I’m going on a walk so speak soon :) Woof Woof!

** Update Samson is back home with us due to his owner being unable to cope.

Just when you were hoping for some peace and quiet Olive. I hope he finds his forever home soon.

Olive- I was getting used to it, but i love having my little nugget home.

@Josie @Caro Perry @Mayblossom
We had a person who was interested when Olive was scanned as we saw 5 so we got 5 homes ready. But there was no 5th one, so we asked them last nigh and they are coming around on Sunday. They are lovely and have owned dogs before wich is a plus.
@Mayblossom he had never had a dog/puppy before, he was spoilt rotten like now he just cries all night because what the owner would do is pick Samson and put him on the bed with him when he would cry so its really difficult to get him used to being alone at night and what we have done is when he cries he is left alone or else he picks up on the 'if i cry i get what i want' (attention). is this the best way around it?

what we have done is when he cries he is left alone or else he picks up on the 'if i cry i get what i want' (attention). is this the best way around it?

It's not what I would suggest. If there is ever a time for tough love, this isn't it. Remember he had just been taken away from his mum and littermates, into a new environment with strange smells and strange people so he was bound to feel lonely and afraid. People used to advise letting a pup cry; but not being comforted when they are distressed just reinforces that being left is indeed a terrible thing. Comforting a distressed puppy will help him learn there is nothing to fear, and therefore grow his confidence, as well as improve the dog/owner bond. You wouldn't leave a frightened child crying alone, puppies are similar.

That said, it is also important that puppies learn independence too, but the aim is not to let them get to the stage tat they are distressed. Try to walk out of the room and back, while they are occupied with something and not actively engaged with the owner (to make the contrast of someone present / someone absent less stark). The ideal outcome is for them to have a "you're back, I didn't realise you were gone" reaction and build up the time alone from there, preferably returning before they get anxious and upset. As they develop and the owner gets to know them they should also be able to recognise the difference between distress crying and attention crying.

It's not what I would suggest. If there is ever a time for tough love, this isn't it. Remember he had just been taken away from his mum and littermates, into a new environment with strange smells and strange people so he was bound to feel lonely and afraid. People used to advise letting a pup cry; but not being comforted when they are distressed just reinforces that being left is indeed a terrible thing. Comforting a distressed puppy will help him learn there is nothing to fear, and therefore grow his confidence, as well as improve the dog/owner bond. You wouldn't leave a frightened child crying alone, puppies are similar.

That said, it is also important that puppies learn independence too, but the aim is not to let them get to the stage tat they are distressed. Try to walk out of the room and back, while they are occupied with something and not actively engaged with the owner (to make the contrast of someone present / someone absent less stark). The ideal outcome is for them to have a "you're back, I didn't realise you were gone" reaction and build up the time alone from there, preferably returning before they get anxious and upset. As they develop and the owner gets to know them they should also be able to recognise the difference between distress crying and attention crying.
Thank you I'm not sure what i will do but thanks for the above. :)

9th March 2018

Woof, I have been super naughty… I ate a parcel: contact lenses :( I didn’t mean to, my emotions took over myself. Can this harm me? I also got a bone today I love it, it’s so tasty lamb I think. Also my mum bought me Lily’s Kitchen fish supper today I really love it. The robes have been sent back because they are too small but she is purchasing more! :) Loads of pictures will be posted!

10th March 2018
Woof! I have some awful news, I'm having to move house for 2 weeks soon to live with a flipping cat! A cat! I hate them, and Doris is also coming I'm worried he may attack Doris! what should I do? Also Samson's potential owners are coming over tomorrow to see him, I cant wait for him to go :) Night everyone I'm tired because I have been sick 3 times now but I don't know why. Do you? Night everyone! :)

11th March 2018
Mothers day has been great, i got loads of prezzies even a £5 off my nana :) - I'm not able to post much because Samson's new owners are coming and I'm dead excited! :)

Woof
My mum and dad have gone on holiday without me and I'm stuck at home with Doris and she is a really big pain in the bum because she likes to eat my collar and she sometimes catches my skin :(. I have also taught Doris to run up the stairs Mel isn't too keen (<Mums friend). I am enjoying being able to eat what ever i want when i want AKA dog treats and toast, i have also tried crumpets with a little bit of butter and they are amazeballs! :) Well speak soon.
Olive says hi .JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back