The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Omg. Feeling A Bit Ill.

Sprout

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I think Sprout may have a funny lump thing :huh: I was just stroking him along his back and I felt 'something' that I don't think should be there. Feel ill. Sprout is my 'boy'. I will be phoning the vets at 9am tomorrow. I'm trying not to get too over hysterial but....he's The One and he's eleven and a half and I just hope this isn't the start of something I've dreaded all these years.

ee74c2b7012555fe281567f2c2f5f02f.jpg

I'm pm'ing you to make sure that you get my reply.

Absolutley every possible thing crossed that it is nothing at all :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: hope it turns out to be nothing nasty

good :luck :luck: :luck:

Do let us know how he is.............Sending positive thoughts :luck:

Thanks all :)

I've phoned the vet and made an appointment for 4pm today. I've already covered by back by warning them that it may actually be his spine and I'm just stupid and may just need canine anatomy lessons. I hope.

:luck: at the vets today

It may just be a harmless fatty lump, these are very common in elderly dogs.

Ben my old lab X had several of these, they caused him no problem at all.

Try not to worry :luck:

Hope your trip to the vets is reassuring and you've got news for us all :luck:

I had the same thing with my 8 year old spaniel a few weeks back, only on her tummy I too thought it may be the start of something awful. It turned out to be just an 'old age fatty lump', same as Mazza's dog in the post above. Fingers and paws crossed thats all all that's wrong with Sprout too, thinking of you at 4 o'clock :luck:

hope everythings ok will be waiting to her the news when you get back from the vets :huggles:

I hope there's good news this afternoon :luck:

Hi all.

There is a lump but the vet doesn't think its a nasty type of thing. But because it's in a very peculiar position (in the muscle between two vertibrae of his spine), he feels that even if it's perfectly harmless in itself, it could cause problems due to its location if it grows bigger in time.

So The Sprout is having surgery to remove the lump on Friday of this week.

He's eleven years and nine months old (I refuse to say he's 12 until he's actually 12 :b ) so (as the vet mentioned) there is a slightly higher risk with the aneasthetic but I'm not thinkinggggg abouttttttt ittttttttttttt :- "

If you could start sending postive thoughts for plain sailing during surgery and for definate non-nasty lumps, that would be very helpful. Thank you. (I shall start taking my rescue remedy now and hope to be vaguely upright on Friday).

In case anyone doesn't know what the most gorgeous Sprout in the world looks like, here are some pictures....

8ad337da5afe1873d0e4668213393d03.jpg

3cdfc7034068eddbedd39e0ae1ef3b2c.jpg

63f771ec2819ba26ff122fdffbac0e97.jpg

(looking tragic because his ball rolled away)

7b6c38feb83682e4e131831891b5c26b.jpg

(with his pet sprout wot he stole)

f25a3a30bfb03a6d78cc02b17674bd20.jpg

bc0dc85966cd285ed073cf643f38aa50.jpg

97db58ee82ddc90c7710ab62a4459347.jpg

wate a beauty .. will be thinking about you both on friday and praying all is ok :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

cheeky looking chap :D from the bottom of my heart i'm hoping all goes well, and the rascal enjoys another good few happy years. he looks such a nice dog, and though he may be grey, doesnt seem to act his age in the slightest! let us know how he fares.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back