The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Other Dog Breeds Compatible With Whippies

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My brother and sister in law have a husky called Boo, my boys all adore her :wub: :wub: Maybe just a bit too much at times... :lol:

Resized_PuppysittingBoo020.jpg

Resized_PuppysittingBoo018.jpg

~elizabeth~ said:
I do miss having a tiny, bolshy terrier thing; mine made a whippet look like a elephant! Supposedly a Yorkie (something of which I am deeply suspcious of to this day, as the breeder kept min pins as well. The fur was definitely nearer the latter than Yorkie, her temperament was DEFINITELY not Yorkie) she was an energetic companion and match for many much larger canine playmates for most of her life.

looks and sounds like a yorkie to me!! I've got 3 (had 4) my yorkie bitch took on an akita ..... :oops: for the akita, it turned about and ran (w00t)

We have 3 German Shepherds and Ellie whippet gets on with them all. We also have a little old Shih-Tzu called Tetley and Ellie is just a bit too fast for her!

Have pics, but can't seem to get them to load.

Can anyone help? How do I re-size them so that they are small enough??

Julie

failing that....you could always get a cat... :lol:

Resized_MeekoKobi003.jpg
:)

:lol: I have a fabulous combination of whippet and labrador...

I throw a tennis ball and the whippet chases it, grabs it, runs around like a demented maniac for ten minutes with it in her mouth being chased by the labrador, whippet then notices an interesting sniff and drops the ball.... I send out the labrador to 'retrieve' to my hand which she does beautifully...

...repeat the above until both dogs collapse with happy exhaustion.. :lol: :huggles: Also repeat with a variety of whippets - mine all do the same thing.. except Phoneix I suppose who rarely drops the ball and we all end up chasing him to get it back :lol:

p.s. I use one of those tennis ball launcher things so it goes all the way across the field!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whippets and Tibetan Spaniels...

Daisy (tib) instigates play all of the time, and gets quite savage :lol: and gets 'hounded' for her chews :- "

com_2008_0125Bluebell0052.JPG

com_2008_0125Bluebell0037.JPG

My sister has Chloe the Dobermann with her whippets and they are brilliant together. Poor Chloe is defo the bottom of the pack though and puts up with all sorts of nonsense from the whips and never complains.

She has seen the arrival of 5 whippets and has loved them all, being very gentle to them as pups :huggles:

daledogs said:
dachshunds are ideal with whippets :wub:
I have a wippet lurcher that was trained by the tinkers in Ireland to hunt down the rabbit and bring back the game.

I am interested in knowing if I can bring home an 11 week old Dachshund as a companion for my Lurcher.

Thanks- David :eek:

Our whippet lives with an 18 week old toy poodle and she has taken to him very well.

As you can see they love to sleep together.

P10100174.jpg

Misslara said:
Our whippet lives with an 18 week old toy poodle and she has taken to him very well.As you can see they love to sleep together.

P10100174.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you answer a couple of questions for me ?

When they first met did it take anytime for the Wippet to adjust ?

Does your Wippet usually go crazy to chase squirels, birds and other small animals.

My Liurcher does and when I did the first meet and greet I thought she was going

to eat the Doxie.

I have 2 days of a trial run before I have to return the Doxie for a partial refund.

I do hope that I don't have to but I don't want the Doxie to be hurt and the Lurcher to be upset.

If you know anyone that can shed some additional light on this subject please have them e- mail me @ davidg@pinepoly.com

Thanks- David

Thanks- David

Misslara said:
Our whippet lives with an 18 week old toy poodle and she has taken to him very well.As you can see they love to sleep together.

P10100174.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you answer a couple of questions for me ?

When they first met did it take anytime for the Wippet to adjust ?

Does your Wippet usually go crazy to chase squirels, birds and other small animals.

My Liurcher does and when I did the first meet and greet I thought she was going

to eat the Doxie.

I have 2 days of a trial run before I have to return the Doxie for a partial refund.

I do hope that I don't have to but I don't want the Doxie to be hurt and the Lurcher to be upset.

If you know anyone that can shed some additional light on this subject please have them e- mail me @ davidg@pinepoly.com

Thanks- David

Thanks- David

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back