The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Outstanding Oppertunity !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Martin Tucker said:
Will put up a picture of the three I have here up over the weekend.
The Black dog must be 76lbs and the fawn dog around 72lbs, whilst the bitch is about 60lbs.

Big difference whippet racing against greyhound racing and the outcross of another gene pool can produce better results than if mated with Greyhounds.

She was an extreamly fast bitch, but a bit of a kink in her and if she hadn`t stopped racing when she did, she may have got her card held !

Thankfully, we blew her out the night of the final (her last race !)

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?r=1680968&z=_4njKs

. . . . . . .  and the situation never arose !

Bit of a difference,there Martin.'Top class bitch' in your 1st post to 'bit of a kink' in this post.How comes this wasn't mentioned when you first advertised her.Being the experienced dog man that you are,would have thought that if the bitch was anything other than 'top class' you wouldn't have put those words

danny looks as fit as a fiddle,the few bitches he has had he has produced some good pups.

what do they call that littun 16, ran at scotland ran very well???????

DavidH said:
danny looks as fit as a fiddle,the few bitches he has had he has produced some good pups.what do they call that littun 16, ran at scotland ran very well???????

Its called No Angel out of Hellbound & See Spot Run. Owned by Karen & Kim from Manton

Its called No Angel out of Hellbound & See Spot Run. Owned by Karen & Kim from Manton

Hellbound x Trouble Spot :thumbsup:

Many a top class Greyhound has a kink in them, doesn`t stop them from running and winning ! It`s knowing how to handle them and get the best out of them ! She won her heat by a head, her semi by a neck, but sorted her for the final which she won by nearly 5 lengths, finding half a second in the process ! Like I said it comes with experience Karen ! :thumbsup:

Please tell me about your experiences in racing dogs, I would love to hear about them, as I don`t know you ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin Tucker said:
Many a top class Greyhound has a kink in them, doesn`t stop them from running and winning ! It`s knowing how to handle them and get the best out of them ! She won her heat by a head, her semi by a neck, but sorted her for the final which she won by nearly 5 lengths, finding half a second in the process ! Like I said it comes with experience Karen !  :thumbsup:
Please tell me about your experiences in racing dogs, I would love to hear about them, as I don`t know you ?

Martin

think your comments about this bitch are down to the fact that i have put in an objection about what i believe to be 1 of her last litter (greyhound ) racing with the none ped whippets,

if in anyway you believed her KINK to be passed on to her offspring why breed with her and if you dont believe it to be passed on why bring it up ?? unless your hoping it will put off racer's wanting a pup from this litter

Martin Tucker said:
Many a top class Greyhound has a kink in them, doesn`t stop them from running and winning ! It`s knowing how to handle them and get the best out of them ! She won her heat by a head, her semi by a neck, but sorted her for the final which she won by nearly 5 lengths, finding half a second in the process ! Like I said it comes with experience Karen !  :thumbsup:

Must have read you post wrong then Martin,thought you was implying that she was a bit dodgy, :- " As for my experiences in racing dogs,only ever run whippet/greyhounds,not greyhounds :- " Although was fortunate to live on a greyhound trainers premises when George and i first got married,but thats 30 odd years ago,and i'm sure things are done differently nowadays.Although looking around,maybe not all things have changed :D

A bitch like her with abilty and her top class breeding you would take a chance breeding a litter from. Don`t forget I didn`t own the bitch !

She was leased by the owner of DROOPYS LEROY for her 2nd litter who bought the entire litter of nine regisitered pups. These pups would have been registered with the stud book within 14 days of being born and I believe a letter was sent comfirming this.

If you think I am going to be bothered and clever enough to pick a pup out before this time, knowing that it`s going to be small enough to race as a non-ped from somebody elses bitch and plan this in advance then you are mistaken ! I might be clever, but not that clever !

Why arn`t I racing this supposed dog ? The reason being i`ve haven`t got any interest !

I heard a tale that somebody was telling at the meetings thatI had 21 pups put down because they were too small ! Now come on do me a favour !

I see a couple of pups from your dogs litters with a 35lb difference between litter mates and another litter in this months whippet News from 2 other dogs (not yours) where the difference is nearly 30lbs !

I refuse to comment futher on such rubbish being written and the matter is as far as i`m concerned CLOSED and I will be asking Judy to remove all realted topics to this to be removed or at least locked !

Your name rings a bell about something, but I can`t rememeber what about ? but I will ask someone, as I don`t follow events that closely !

Martin Tucker said:
I see a couple of pups from your dogs litters with a 35lb difference between litter mates and another litter in this months whippet News from 2 other dogs (not yours) where the difference is nearly 30lbs !
I don't think pointing out weight differences between siblings is suitable for comment, for one we've all seen non-ped pups, their nursing mothers and the growth of these youngsters before our eyes.

I refrain from having an opinion, but I'm greatly concerned about someone who I consider to be a friend being put in a rather difficult situation where he can't substantiate the breeding of his dog, after all it's not the greyhound that folk should be interested in, it's the whippet.

This thread does seem to be in danger of getting out of hand so I've closed it. There seems to be some accusations being made so please don't start up another thread. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back