The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Outstanding Oppertunity !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
AndrewPocket said:
ahorsnall said:
beaubeau said:
Martin Tucker said:
I`m afraid that`s the way it is ! Tough game breeding Greyhounds for a living. We all have a few `old ones `around the place, but you can`t keep them all ! If you do you`ll be in the poor house !
Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! !  :(

And what are 'her' best interests ????? Who in your opinion is suitable ?? You have a very 'odd' book !!

Why can she not go to rescue and be re-homed to a comfortable happy home?

Tracey X

do you think just because a bitch is bred from that it cant have a comfortable home too ? i breed from my bitches but they are still my pets too :thumbsup:

well said chris :thumbsup:

Did you not read my reply to Chris ? You're not reading properly and going off a bit... !!

I just dont understand this, if the current owner cant breed a decent litter from her and would rather have her PTS why would someone else be able to breed a good litter? Just clarify for me

jayp said:
I just dont understand this, if the current owner cant breed a decent litter from her and would rather have her PTS why would someone else be able to breed a good litter?  Just clarify for me
this bitch has been offered 2 the whippet people, 2 put a whippet or non ped over her.

it is no good 2 breed 2 a greyhound coz the size it produces, 2 tiny.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes if you put a greyhound over a good non ped whippet,,you get cracking pups and new blood to the sport. The greyhound get a good home for life and the new owner of the greyhound gets a smashing house pet and a pup :thumbsup:

Not all non ped owners get rid as soon as they can't race anymore :cheers:

We are dog lover's too :thumbsup:

I`m delighted to say that MEAN LITTLE JEAN has found her way to Holland and is now in the care of Harold de Jongh.

I`m pleased that she has gone to such a good home and wish Harold all the best with her.

A bitch of this quality was always going to be rehomed, it was just a case of finding the right one !

Martin Tucker.

Well done Martin... so pleased she's found a lovely new home :thumbsup:

Tracey X

Martin Tucker said:
The following top class bitch is available FREE to a VERY GOOD home for breeding.
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=wqRBPD&d=Mean+Little+Jean

She is probably the best bred bitch to have ever been offered for breeding to the Whippet World, who recorded Open Class times and also was a Stake winner. Her sire MEAN BEAN is a Group One winner in Australia and a litter brother to the mighty GO WILD TEDDY. Her dam is a litter sister to the brilliant PLASTERSCENE GEM.

She has produced two litters one of which is currently racing. However her pups are very small and light. Her current litter are tiny and it`s unlikely they will be big enough to do themselves justice.

Her owner will not be breeding from her again and I suggested to her this option, as opposed to having her put down !

If anyone is interested please contact me. I will check out to see if your suitable, as I would rather see her P.T.S. than go to someone chancey !

Have great delight in reporting the mating of Hellbound (Danny) to Mean Little Jean.1st mating took place on Saturday,and the 2nd mating took place today.Pups will be due on the 6th September.For anybody that doesn't know Dannys racing record it is as follows

Supreme NBCh,Supreme NStCh,Bend Ch of Ch. 6 consecutive BWRA Straight Titles 3 BWRA Bend Titles.3 NWRF Straight Titles & 3 NWRF Bend Titles.2 x 36lb Scottish Sc Ch (Straights)South Coast Sc Ch Bends & Straights. 2 x Golden Jacket winner on the bends.Open Class winner bends and straights.

Think this will be Dannys 5th litter.Up to now 3 of the other 4 litters have produced champions.His 1st litter to Homeanna has produced BWRA StCh Hells Double.Poppy was also runner up on the bends.2nd mating to Neil Pendletons greyhound Avins Hill Madin :thumbsup: :D produced my own NNWRF Sc No Limit Ch Musclebound.He's also South Coast Sc No limit Ch,and has 3 x Supreme Scr Open wins on the straight.this litter also contains NNWRF St Ch Sugar Rush.Lucy was also Runner Up at the BWRA Straight Champs last year.She's already won her fair share at opens aswell.Both these ltters are not yet 3.The last litter was to Rch,Nch Trouble Spot.Titles achieved from this litter are Chris Horsnalls great yearling NNWRF Supreme yearling Ch Spot Black.and Yvonnes own What the Hells South Coast Sc and Supreme Yearling Ch.

Am I excited about this litter or what :lol: As you can see from what Martin has put this greyhound is throwing small,so reckon there will be some handicap racing to come from this breeding,just make sure I get my scratch dog please Yvonne :sweating: Oh and no shouting at me when you read this Yvonne,i'm counting the days already. ;) Just remains for you to add the pics,please :lol:

The breeding looks very impressive :thumbsup: :luck: should be some nice non-peds from this litter.

rodders said:
Martin Tucker said:
The following top class bitch is available FREE to a VERY GOOD home for breeding.

She is probably the best bred bitch to have ever been offered for breeding to the Whippet World, who recorded Open Class times and also was a Stake winner. Her sire MEAN BEAN is a Group One winner in Australia and a litter brother to the mighty GO WILD TEDDY. Her dam is a litter sister to the brilliant PLASTERSCENE GEM.

She has produced two litters one of which is currently racing. However her pups are very small and light. Her current litter are tiny and it`s unlikely they will be big enough to do themselves justice.

Her owner will not be breeding from her again and I suggested to her this option, as opposed to having her put down !

If anyone is interested please contact me. I will check out to see if your suitable, as I would rather see her P.T.S. than go to someone chancey !

Have great delight in reporting the mating of Hellbound (Danny) to Mean Little Jean.1st mating took place on Saturday,and the 2nd mating took place today.Pups will be due on the 6th September.For anybody that doesn't know Dannys racing record it is as follows

Supreme NBCh,Supreme NStCh,Bend Ch of Ch. 6 consecutive BWRA Straight Titles 3 BWRA Bend Titles.3 NWRF Straight Titles & 3 NWRF Bend Titles.2 x 36lb Scottish Sc Ch (Straights)South Coast Sc Ch Bends & Straights. 2 x Golden Jacket winner on the bends.Open Class winner bends and straights.

Think this will be Dannys 5th litter.Up to now 3 of the other 4 litters have produced champions.His 1st litter to Homeanna has produced BWRA StCh Hells Double.Poppy was also runner up on the bends.2nd mating to Neil Pendletons greyhound Avins Hill Madin :thumbsup: :D produced my own NNWRF Sc No Limit Ch Musclebound.He's also South Coast Sc No limit Ch,and has 3 x Supreme Scr Open wins on the straight.this litter also contains NNWRF St Ch Sugar Rush.Lucy was also Runner Up at the BWRA Straight Champs last year.She's already won her fair share at opens aswell.Both these ltters are not yet 3.The last litter was to Rch,Nch Trouble Spot.Titles achieved from this litter are Chris Horsnalls great yearling NNWRF Supreme yearling Ch Spot Black.and Yvonnes own What the Hells South Coast Sc and Supreme Yearling Ch.

Am I excited about this litter or what :lol: As you can see from what Martin has put this greyhound is throwing small,so reckon there will be some handicap racing to come from this breeding,just make sure I get my scratch dog please Yvonne :sweating: Oh and no shouting at me when you read this Yvonne,i'm counting the days already. ;) Just remains for you to add the pics,please :lol:

I can see you're really excited Karen :D and I hope you get what you want but Im a bit confused. I just read the thread and it seems the bitch is in Holland so are you importing a pup then? If so good luck to you :luck: :luck:

marielou said:
rodders said:
Martin Tucker said:

I can see you're really excited Karen :D and I hope you get what you want but Im a bit confused. I just read the thread and it seems the bitch is in Holland so are you importing a pup then? If so good luck to you :luck: :luck:

No Marie she's not in Holland,would have had a long trip with her or Danny,if she was.She's here in sunny (w00t) :lol: old England,and hopefully :sweating: in pup with a few non peds,particularly a scratch dog :D

No Marie she's not in Holland,would have had a long trip with her or Danny,if she was.She's here in sunny (w00t) :lol: old England,and hopefully :sweating: in pup with a few non peds,particularly a scratch dog :D

My mistake, must have mis read it , getting slow in my old age. Anyway best of luck should be a good litter :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

thanks for your post Karen can't really add much except to say that Luna (mean little jean ) never went to holland but was sold on to my daughter and as been her pet for the last year along with her other greyhound bitch Dottie ( woolden dot )

i'm also looking forward to seeing how small her pup's will be to a whippet stud dog, and yes Karen your first on the list lol :thumbsup: pic's will be posted

marielou said:

My mistake, must have mis read it , getting slow in my old age. Anyway best of luck should be a good litter :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

No mistake Marie,she was to have gone but circumstances meant she never made it,but she's got a lovely home over here,and I think thats what Martin wanted,that and the fact that her breeding will be in non ped pups. :D

here's a few pic's of the little lady.

dogshorses2007150.jpg

dogshorses2007149.jpg

dogshorses2007103.jpg

dogshorses2007016.jpg

003.jpg

Cheers Jo :thumbsup: She's lovely :wub: but you already know that :D

Did she never go to Holland then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back