The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Parker Update

Whippets Rule

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Parkers phenobarb levels are too high and we have to reduce the drugs immediately.

He was on 120mg twice daily and we upped it last week to 150mg but the vet called tonight and said that even the 120mg twice daily is too high.

He suspects that Parkers liver is failing and we will know on Friday as i am taking him to work with me and a blood test will be done.

i'm heart broken to tell you all that if his liver is failing my sweet little dog will be put to sleep on friday as i will not put him through the pain of liver failure...i'm absolutely in bits right now because i can't see what else it can be and neither can the vet.

P4050076.jpg

i am so sorry heidi :(

really hoping the tests come back ok

:huggles: you know where i am if u wanna talk to someone hun xxxx

Oh No, so sorry to hear this, what an awful time for you.

Lots of :huggles: :huggles: for Parker and for you :huggles: :huggles:

Oh bless his little heart :huggles:

oh, sorry he's deteriorated, poor little boy, hope by some miracle it's not liver failure

sending you and him lots of gentle :huggles:

:luck: :luck:

Oh Parker hope its good news, thinking of you

Best of luck and big hugs to both of you :luck: :huggles:

Aww thats sad hope its not liver problems :( thinking of you and parker :huggles:

This is so sad, that little dog has a look that would melt the hardest of hearts. Best of luck and I am praying the little man has another reprieve :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
just seen this.............im so sorry, i really hope you get some good news on friday...........thinking of you all :luck: :luck:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I am so sorry to read this, I do hope that it is good news tomorrow.

Thinking of you both.

Parker is actually going to the vets in an hours time.

I just took him for a walk and he had a mini fit whilst i was walking him.

I guess one way and another i will be back to update you all later today. :( :( :(

I wish you soooo much luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for parker

ok Parker is still with us.. he had full bloods done tonight and his liver reading is high.

on Tuesday he is having a scan to see whether his liver is normal shape and size. he is also having further more specific liver tests.

The vet does not agree with his colleague in that he thinks the epilepsy and liver disease are unrelated.

we are leaving the phenobarb for now and will just use diazepam as and when a fit occurs, we need to monitor the fits between now and tuesday because the vet doesn't want to load Parker full of drugs until after the liver tests have been carried out.

depending on liver findings we will then either have him pts or we will start to alter his drugs/give him diazepam tablets or whatever to get the epilepsy under control.

the future is still rather uncertain atleast until tuesday but i feel happier now this particular vet has had a proper look at Parker and i have asked him to do all the follow up too so we have some consistency of information.

Last edited by a moderator:
sending you all the luck in the world for tuesday hun :huggles:

really hope you get some good news :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back