The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pennymeadow Lure Coursing Cup

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's been said before but more sincere thanks from us for a brilliant day. Not only was it a great set of courses but it was so friendly and everyone was in great spirits it made the day so enjoyable. Lovely to meet some more K9ers

Andrew & Lesley Smith are a real credit to the sport, I dont think I know a nicer family :huggles: Bloomin good hosts too - thanks for putting us up, feeding us and being so welcoming. :cheers:

Well done to Cheryl & Gary with Angel - she did you both proud.

:luck: to Digger the next time.

well done to Sarah - both of your girls ran well, but obviously special well done to Maggie.

I cant beleive that poor Kane has been missed out :wub: - he MUST have won the best course of the day when he broke free from the slipper and coursed a stationery shrub. :* That boy is keen.

Thanks to Mini Me for the lovely photos of my dogs - Hillsdown Daydreamer and Big Bruva Strykes (the second piccie of Hillsdown Daydreamer was indeed Star :wub: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are bobs pics well done Bob :thumbsup:

bob12.jpg

bob11.jpg

bob10.jpg

bob9.jpg

bob8.jpg

bob7.jpg

bob6.jpg

bob5.jpg

*Lesley* said:
Well looky at that glamorous woman in the stripey jumper  :*   nearly didn't recognise you Sarah in your non racing gear  :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Very funny...... amazing what a wash can do eh? :thumbsup:

Top pics well done the club facilities were spot on look at the top pic we even provided somewhere to park your bike :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rae said:
It's been said before but more sincere thanks from us for a brilliant day.  Not only was it a great set of courses but it was so friendly and everyone was in great spirits it made the day so enjoyable.    Lovely to meet some more K9ers
Andrew & Lesley Smith are a real credit to the sport, I dont think I know a nicer family  :huggles:   Bloomin good hosts too - thanks for putting us up, feeding us and being so welcoming.  :cheers:

Well done to Cheryl & Gary with Angel - she did you both proud. 

:luck:   to Digger the next time.

well done to Sarah  - both of your girls ran well, but obviously special well done to Maggie.

I cant beleive that poor Kane has been missed out  :wub:   - he MUST have won the best course of the day when he broke free from the slipper and coursed a stationery shrub.    :* That boy is keen.

Thanks to Mini Me for the lovely photos of my dogs -  Hillsdown Daydreamer and Big Bruva Strykes (the second piccie of Hillsdown Daydreamer was indeed Star  :wub: )

It was lovely to have you and nice to look after you for a change :huggles:

You can always rely on Kane :clown: o:) , for comedy value he is priceless :wub: :wub:

jinx and rubys mum said:
Love the pictures of Jinx waiting patiently to go home!!!!She wasnt very patient on Sunday!!!!!!!!

Great weekend looking forward to the next already!!! :cheers:

Glad that Digger will be OK that was such a shame but definatly the right decision for him. Just wait till the next time ehhh :thumbsup:

Jinx ran brilliant..did you say she was a 1st timer? she looked like a pro!!!!

I'm also happy to hear Digger is ok..he ran a storm, and such a beautiful looking dog aswell :D

Jinx ran brilliant..did you say she was a 1st timer? she looked like a pro!!!!
Thanks for that she ran her heart out and loved every minute

She was so knackered she had to be carried out to the camper to go home!!!!! -_-

She is our star and we were so proud that she managed to get to the semis on her first outing.

Thats without training so we are wondering how she will do when we put into practice all the advice we were given over the weekend!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the winners- especially my "grandson",Super Supe! What a fantastic day you had. Keep the pictures coming, it makes up for us not being there! Are you having another one next year Mark?

Have we had a reply regarding this challenge yet Mark Middle of February would be a great time to have a champs type lure event wouldnt it?If the weather is mild enough that would be great.
No i'm going to send a letter to the organ grinder (so to speak)

Are you having another one next year Mark?
got to check the fixture list for the rugby club but all being well there will be another either late January or early February depending on when the fields free. (also slipper/judge)

Even more lovely pics thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

Will put your coat in the post tomorrow Shona. :thumbsup:

Love the picture of my Vinnie in his first run MM........ He's just pulling up here as the little boy with Penny got very excited and called "go on Penny", and Vinnie thought he was being called, so came back :lol: ...... I then had to stop him re-joining the course when he realised he hadn't been called :clown: ......Bless him brains, beauty and such a willingness to please :wub: .....Just how a Whippet should be :D

got to check the fixture list for the rugby club but all being well there will be another either late January or early February depending on when the fields free. (also slipper/judge)

Great well count us in again, and you never know Jacob and Miya might be OK by then as well (w00t)

Count all us scots again

Cant remember such a great day :cheers:

May even have a couple more who will want a go!!!

Thanks for that Paula let me know how much I owe you please :thumbsup:

Just got back home from the land up north - and spent half an hour catching up with this thread.

Just wanted to say what an absolutely brilliant day it was. Big huge thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising , or helping out on the day.

It was fantastic to come up and meet so many lovely lovely people for a fun and friendly day with dogs and mud (anyone else still finding it in their dogs coats????)

Big hugs to everyone I met, big *pout* about those who were there but i missed.

Congrats to the winners and the takers part

Definitely count me in when the next one's arranged - it's well worth the drive!

xxx Urchin

(no use signing this with me real name, as every time I tried introducing myself as charlie I was met with blank looks - which remained until I ventured 'Urchin off k9 ----Ahhhh, URCHIN! :teehee: )

few more...I will get there in the end...let me know if you are getting bored...

dogs009.jpg

dogs010.jpg

dogs011.jpg

dogs014.jpg

dogs015.jpg

dogs016.jpg

dogs018.jpg

dogs019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the Kane look a like, she was a tad smaller though :lol:

Top pics mate keep them coming i don't think anyone will get bored of pics of whippets enjoying what they are bred to do :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back