The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Phobia

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Boats i hate boats, when i was little my dad used to take me on one that leaked, it was awful i kept thinking the water was going to rush in and drown me. :(

Also not being able to breathe, my dad had bronchal asthma and was always struggling to breathe properly, i was so scared when i had pnemonia last year.

I hate peas. If they're on my plate I can't eat my dinner! At work they make gorgeous shepherds pie but I have to sit and pick all the peas out before I can start eating!!! And the mere mention of mushy peas makes me heave :x

I agree about dentists, I've been known to jump out of the chair scattering instruments of torture, dentist etc. When I had to pick my mum up the other week I had to wait outside for her.

Worms are my phobia! I try to tell myself that it's completely irrational and they can't hurt me but it's no good. They stop me doing any gardening because they could appear at any moment (w00t) . It's such a shame because I'd love to be able to garden, but even looking at pictures of them makes me all shaky. :sweating: The worst thing that happened to me is when I was walking along the pavement at night underneath the street lamps, and there they all were on the floor - I just had to run. :eek:

I think the reason I have this phobia is because I sat on one at a Garden Party when I was 10 and they've been around to haunt me ever since. Thank goodness Muffin or Jonah don't bring me any as a present. :x :p

Last edited by a moderator:
TEETH!!!!!

make me feel sick!!!

i cant look at my teeth or anyone elses...makes me sweat and shake...and in a few cases...vomit!!!!!!! :b

last time my OH made me go to the Mr Nasty dentist man....i sat in the chair and cried like a baby, and kept pushing his hand away !!! :(

i have a real problem with people that have huge teeth that are on show all the time :wacko:

dont know where this all comes from have been like it for as long as i can remember :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

hely said:
TEETH!!!!!
make me feel sick!!!

i cant look at my teeth or anyone elses...makes me sweat and shake...and in a few cases...vomit!!!!!!! :b

last time my OH made me go to the Mr Nasty dentist man....i sat in the chair and cried like a baby, and kept pushing his hand away !!! :(

i have a real problem with people that have huge teeth that are on show all the time :wacko:

dont know where this all comes from have been like it for as long as i can remember :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:

So you dunna want a full size pic of my chompers then Hely :lol:

keith :cheers:

Where do i start. I absolutely can't stand spiders!!!! Big or little. If i see a spider i try my utmost to kill it, if no one else is around to, this is either get a dog bowl and splat it, or a big fat catalogue, chuck it on the spider and stamp as much as possible and then wait for someone to lift the catalogue. :b

I can't go near cobwebs, i have to walk around with a broom and swish them away. If a spider ever comes close enough to get on me, well lets just say you wouldn't want to be there. I go absolutely mad, scream so china can hear me, hop around hitting myself, take off the chlothes it was on and not calm down til i found it and killed it!

I just scream, can't help it and i get goose bumps and owhhh, i just hate em!

Hate daddy long legs, just spiders with wings, hate going over bridges, i just panic and think of it breaking, i hate big open water, can't stand cables above me, i just think of them snapping and electicuting me. Go on tell me im a nervous wreck and a freak, and i know!!! :oops:

i found that 'actomite' (sp?) will kill EVERYTHING crawly, tis deadly stuff, even the wasps are dead before they hit the floor if you spray them directly, not even a bit of leg twitching goes on. :thumbsup:

think you can get it from the chemist, it's for people with severe dust mite allergies i think. if you clear all things you want to keep alive out of the room first(fish, pets, OH kids etc) then give it a quick spray around and get out yourself closing the door behind you, :nuke: when you go back in 10 minutes or so later, you will find not one living crawly thing is left :thumbsup:

I used to be scared of wasps until I was actually stung by one (w00t) and it was in pretty bad circumstances. I was waiting for my bus when I used to work at the hospital and it was late as usual :angry: when it eventually arrived I lifted up my leg to get on and felt a sharp pain on the outside of my thigh, nearly up at the top :blink: was quite puzzled by this, when I sat down I kept getting repeated stinging pains and a crawling sensation :x thats when I felt the lump in my trousers - the little bugger had crawled up the inside of my trousers and got stuck.

That sent me into a blind panic but there was no way I was taking my trousers off in public :lol: so I had to sit for the whole journey into leeds being repeatedly stung. Managed to strip off in macdonalds toilet but unfortunately in my haste managed to snap the sting off so it stayed in my leg :(

I had to go and have the sting removed as my leg swelled up so much but at least it got rid of my fear of wasps (would not recommend it as a cure though :p )

Now I'm scared of nothing!

jue332 said:
My phobia is  cats  (w00t)
Had it for as long as I can remember, totally embarrass myself if I come across one  :b , can't help it I just freak out  :(

Julie handles her phobia very well, she was very calm when she saw my cat :- "

I am like jezza in that until I got stung for the first time twice in the same year I was petrified of wasps, not as bad as an experience though (w00t) that must have been awful for you Jezza :sweating:

I would run round like an idiot and embarrass myself rather than let a wasp get near me :b but I'm ok now still dont like them but don't turn into a raving lunatic anymore :)

Daft thing is whenever my son was there I would try to be calm about wasps just so he didnt see my fear but he is scared of them too, even though I told him that getting stung isn't a big deal :- "

(w00t) count me in on the wasp thing :unsure:

but my main hate is..............feet, i cant stand anyone touching my feet :rant: , and im not keen on other peoples trotters either :x

spiders.... :blink: .....my screams can shatter glass :lol:

slugs :x :x :x

and kids with snotty noses :x

oh and when people have food all round there mouth :x (id better change my friends :lol: )

oh and people that sit in traffic, picking there nose :x ........i cant help but bib my horn to let them know ive seen them :rant: .........and if they eat it :x :x im gonna stop before i chuck :x

*Lesley* said:
jue332 said:
Had it for as long as I can remember, totally embarrass myself if I come across one  :b , can't help it I just freak out  :(

It wasn't funny at the time (w00t) , (w00t) , (w00t)

I can alway laugh about it after, even thought I make a complete fool of myself :b (I'd forgotten you had a cat, as I am usually on the look out for them )

Still it gave you and Andy a good laugh :lol: Goodness know what the neighbours though :oops: :lol:

jue332 said:
*Lesley* said:
jue332 said:

It wasn't funny at the time (w00t) , (w00t) , (w00t)

I can alway laugh about it after, even thought I make a complete fool of myself :b (I'd forgotten you had a cat, as I am usually on the look out for them )

Still it gave you and Andy a good laugh :lol: Goodness know what the neighbours though :oops: :lol:

I was being very tactful there, I wasn't going to tell anybody you started jumping about screaming (w00t) :lol:

I actually didn't know Jue had a phobia about cats and when she jumped off the sofa in hysterics I thought she'd seen a mouse in my house I was looking all over to see what had upset her never even thought about the cat :eek:

It's all in a normal day for my neighbours bless em :wacko:

:x WORMS :x ,i can't stand the bloody things,they make me squirm & want to throw up :x

The worst case scenario is a dark,wet night & the lawn is smothered in the slimy,disgusting things (w00t) I usually go out & play with the dogs last thing at night,but no way can i cope with that :sweating:

I will stand on the patio to make sure they've all peed & poo,d,but Bailey & Chrissy have a disgusting habit of pulling worms up & charging round the garden with them dangling out their mouths ...... :x GROSS :x GROSS :x GROSS :x

Even the word makes me :x

Oh,& i don't do flying either.Went to Canada a few years ago,never again,i was scared to death (w00t) :sweating:

I'm also getting a bit paranoid about wasps & bees as my OH is seriously allergic to them.If he gets stung,he has 2 minutes to get his epipen,else he's dead :eek:

alfyn said:
Oh,& i don't do flying either.Went to Canada a few years ago,never again,i was scared to death (w00t)   :sweating:
Oh yes I forgot, I'm scared of flying! I've got to fly next weekend, only to Cork though so tis not far :sweating:

alfyn said:
:x WORMS :x ,i can't stand the bloody things,they make me squirm & want to throw up :x
The worst case scenario is a dark,wet night & the lawn is smothered in the slimy,disgusting things (w00t) I usually go out & play with the dogs last thing at night,but no way can i cope with that :sweating:

I will stand on the patio to make sure they've all peed & poo,d,but Bailey & Chrissy have a disgusting habit of pulling worms up & charging round the garden with them dangling out their mouths ...... :x GROSS  :x GROSS  :x GROSS  :x

Even the word makes me  :x

Oh,& i don't do flying either.Went to Canada a few years ago,never again,i was scared to death (w00t)   :sweating:

I'm also getting a bit paranoid about wasps & bees as my OH is seriously allergic to them.If he gets stung,he has 2 minutes to get his epipen,else he's dead :eek:

Debs you're exactly the same with Jo about worms, although I think she may even be a bit worse. :- "

I remember when we were little and I pulled the stalk of a dandelion and pretended it was a worm and chased her with it - she locked herself in the bathroom and was hysterically crying. Douby she's be much better now :lol:

I used to be scared of wasps until I was actually stung by one  and it was in pretty bad circumstances. I was waiting for my bus when I used to work at the hospital and it was late as usual  when it eventually arrived I lifted up my leg to get on and felt a sharp pain on the outside of my thigh, nearly up at the top  was quite puzzled by this, when I sat down I kept getting repeated stinging pains and a crawling sensation  thats when I felt the lump in my trousers - the little bugger had crawled up the inside of my trousers and got stuck.
That sent me into a blind panic but there was no way I was taking my trousers off in public  so I had to sit for the whole journey into leeds being repeatedly stung. Managed to strip off in macdonalds toilet but unfortunately in my haste managed to snap the sting off so it stayed in my leg 

I had to go and have the sting removed as my leg swelled up so much but at least it got rid of my fear of wasps (would not recommend it as a cure though  )

That story made me shiver in my boots...(or my slip on's :lol: )

That sounds like my worst nightmare...i can actualy feel crawling sensations all over!!! :x

I feel more scared now..I need to go for a cig break (have to go outside..these damn no smoking policys) but I'm scared incase theres 1 waiting 4 me..any one got elastic bands to tie round the bottom of my trousers??? :unsure:

is that to keep stuff in or out.
what would i want to keep in??? I'm not made of straw :lol:

Its to keep them horrid little criters out

ladydee said:
I used to be scared of wasps until I was actually stung by one  and it was in pretty bad circumstances. I was waiting for my bus when I used to work at the hospital and it was late as usual  when it eventually arrived I lifted up my leg to get on and felt a sharp pain on the outside of my thigh, nearly up at the top  was quite puzzled by this, when I sat down I kept getting repeated stinging pains and a crawling sensation  thats when I felt the lump in my trousers - the little bugger had crawled up the inside of my trousers and got stuck.
That sent me into a blind panic but there was no way I was taking my trousers off in public  so I had to sit for the whole journey into leeds being repeatedly stung. Managed to strip off in macdonalds toilet but unfortunately in my haste managed to snap the sting off so it stayed in my leg 

I had to go and have the sting removed as my leg swelled up so much but at least it got rid of my fear of wasps (would not recommend it as a cure though  )

That story made me shiver in my boots...(or my slip on's :lol: )

That sounds like my worst nightmare...i can actualy feel crawling sensations all over!!! :x

I feel more scared now..I need to go for a cig break (have to go outside..these damn no smoking policys) but I'm scared incase theres 1 waiting 4 me..any one got elastic bands to tie round the bottom of my trousers??? :unsure:

:lol: I think it helped because I actually found out how much it hurt to be stung, which wasn't very much so I don't mind them now - and I still wear baggy trousers, just as long as they are tight at the top so if it happens again it doesn't get even further :eek:

maybe that is the point, I haven't ever been stung (touch wood :- " )

Maybe it is the fear of the unknow in a way, Bin told it bloody hurts tho, and I'm really soft when it comes to pain :b

I cry when I get a paper cut :lol:

But I guess it couldn't of hurt that much, if you kept it there for a bus ride. still think i would of stripped though..in public or not ewwwwww :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back