The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Phobia

trac

A pet is for life
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
was just wondering if anyone has a phobia, mine is i that when i am driving if a police car comes behind me i have to turn off,even if i am near my house, i start to feel my heart beating faster & i start to get clamy :sweating: , i dont know why , i end up going out of my way to avoid them, dont know what i would do if when i turn off they follow me, i dont even want to think about that! :( its not that i am scared of the police my brother was a police officer for 30 years, i just break into a panic when they are behind me,adam say's it's time i should try & combat this fear :wacko: , so any police officers on here who may be able to help me ( or anyone who has got any advice) i would be very grateful,thank you.

I think you need to find out exactly what your scared of happening. ie slowing the police down, getting in the way, causing an accident etc. It might help you to take advanced driving lessons so you've got a bit more input into the driving skills of the emergency services and also it might boost your own confidence.

My biggest fear was being cut out of a vehicle in a crash, I never used to lock my doors when I drove for this reason and Mum used to nag me about car jacking etc. Then about 18 months ago I got hit side on by a bus, it ran a red light and hit my side, trapping me. It took 30 mins to cut me out but surprisingly I remained relatively calm, I think a lot of it was down to the fact an off duty fire officer jumped in the passenger side and talked me through things, also my puppy was scared and had cuddled onto my lap and I didn't want to frighten him by panicking. Phobias are weird things and I think we can blow them out of proportion but when it comes to the crunch, it's surprising how well we can cope. :thumbsup:

my phobia isn't when they are trying to get past in a emergencey,i am fine with that , its just when they are behind me under normal driving condtions

I am absolutly petrified of wasps... :unsure:

dont really like bees and buzzy blue bottle flys scare me when I cant c them, coz all I think of when i hear buzzin is wasps!!!

It is so bad, I hate going out in the summer incase theres wasps around!!!

It is enough to reduce me to tears if one comes near me :(

I also have a bit of a phobia about feet :x

Cant stand anyone touching mine, not even a nice massage :wacko: . Cringe when I see someone touching someone elses... :b

Yep I'm a bit of a wierdo :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
FROGS.. they are horrible.They jump at you. I would walk around the block of houses if there is a frog by the back gate.

the neighbour his to take them out of the pool and remove them from the garden.
1.gif

It's always been those big outfits that you see people dressed up in it at theme parks - Mickey Mouse, a bear anything like that.

I just hate the fact that you don't know who's inside the costume.

I was scared of Father Christmas when I was little too - I had to be taken out of Santa Claus the movie! :b :lol:

i use to have a phobia about getting into lifts,now i will get into one but im always happy when i get to the floor i want :sweating: .

i also hate people with masks on or dressed up like clowns and things :blink:

Mine are moths and butterflies ....................anything with flappy wings really (w00t)

Oh, and naked toe nails (w00t) (w00t) they make me think of blind eyes!!! :eek:

not sure if its a phobia???

but,

I cant see people eat seafood such as prawns, shrimp etc (if it still looks whole), and i cant look at dead fish (i hate it in the supermarket nr fish mongers) :x even writing this is making me go all goose pimply!! lol.... it makes me sick :x :unsure:

I also have a habit of closing doors, i cant settle if a door is open?! :blink:

I strange! :teehee:

:sweating: SPIDERS :sweating: I hate them little or big doesnt matter :sweating: oo yeh an them daddy long leg things cause ther like spider with wings :wacko:

ohhh.. and i cant look at peoples eyes if the have something in it! it makes me cry! ? :unsure:

nicky12 said:
:sweating: SPIDERS :sweating: I hate them little or big doesnt matter :sweating: oo yeh an them daddy long leg things cause ther like spider with wings :wacko:

yep thats it .................SPIDERS :eek:

With their nasty long hooky legs, they can damn well outrun you & ..............THEY KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SCARED OF THEM :eek:

They are crafty & they run & hide in pairs :unsure:

I'm sorry BUT they are too ugly to live. :angry:

They are my worstest fear EVER & if you want to see a mad woman................put me in a room with a spider (w00t)

oo yeh an them daddy long leg
Did you know daddy long legs have one of the most poisonous venum in the world ? :- "

However, to put your mind at ease Nicky12, they also dont have teeth.

How chuffed of must they feel? All that poison...but no way to use it :oops:

I also get really panicky if the police are behind me (w00t) I think its because I think theyre looking for faults in my driving! - :sweating: I dont know why cos im no Jenson Button :- " I just feel guilty anyway!!!

Tina

I HATE buttons (w00t)

most of my clothes are zipped or have poppers or don't need fasteners, the worst ones are those with 4 holes and those with 2 holes inside a fish kind of shape eeeuuwwwgh, making me cring thinking of them :x

Had to over come it somewhat when my baby was born...the things we mums sacrifice for our children !

yes I know it's totally mad, but out of the 4 of us girls my sister also feels the same way !!

:blink: My phobia is raw meat. :x

It just makes my stomach lurch and I feel sick and very tearful.

I'm allright with tinned dog food and very, very occasionally I can cook mince for them (but not for me).

I'm not quite a vegetarian because I occasionally eat sausages and will eat steak pie (I'm also ok with fish) but I loathe having to go to the butcher to buy meat for OH's sandwiches and always get into a cold sweat. But you couldn't pay me to eat pork or lamb or any kind of roasted flesh :x :x :x I feel a bit tearful even sitting here thinking about it just now!!!!!

My phobia is cats (w00t)

Had it for as long as I can remember, totally embarrass myself if I come across one :b , can't help it I just freak out :(

Im not scared of anything really..... apart from Stormy... :blink: :- " :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back