The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pics Of Julie D's Ella

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We're going to start puppy training class and Skelmersdale ringcraft classessoon,

today poor Ella has the squits, she's picked the chicken out and left the rice :- " I think it's because of all the plants she's trying out in the garden, we've had to prise stones and snails :x out of her but when she gets a flower she belts round the garden top speed. Never thought I could do this but this morning I had to wipe her bum :b , she's still up for a play tho', must say Sophie's doing well with the scooper but I let her off today due to the 'other' :lol:

JulieD - Ellas is a beautiful little girl - and a gorgeous sweet little face and markings :wub: :wub: make the most of her - they grow up way tooo fast :thumbsup:

Julie D said:
:cheers:   :cheers:   thanks a lot Wendy, I'm going to have another try again tonight  :- " She's not at all shy, pinching pegs, getting the clean washing as I'm taking it off the line, been for a ride in the dolls pram, she's charmed all our visitors, even been down the slide  :clown:

we painted the dog kennel today, good job it was up on a table, she was trying to change into a black brindle. Taking her to be 'microwaved' next week, it's only £9.50 at the NCDL Dogs Trust but I'm not really looking forward to that as I think a 'grain of rice ' is big to have inserted  :(

Julie - if you're considering showing her ask if they will microchip her on the floor and not the table. I strongly encourage microchipping and it's not that big a deal (though it does pinch a bit more than a regular needle from my girls' reactions), but Teya was solid as a rock as a puppy on the table till we had her chipped. It didn't even occur to me that it would cause a problem, but from that point on she backed away from people coming up to her on the table.

I generally have all shots done on the floor - I don't know why I didn't with her baby ones.

Wendy

:cheers: Wendy that's a sensible idea, I'll do that

we're practising looking at her teeth, the only time you can put her legs back when standing is when she's sleepy, she is so funny, quickly learning to sit, but doesn't like the lead, when she can go out she'll prob. like it better :D

Julie D said:
:cheers:   Wendy that's a sensible idea, I'll do thatwe're practising looking at her teeth, the only time you can put her legs back when standing is when she's sleepy, she is so funny, quickly learning to sit, but doesn't like the lead, when she can go out she'll prob. like it better :D

Yes, our Dobé also didn't like the lead. The first times, I remember I felt so bad because she hated that lead.. She was just a little obstinate dunkey :blink: which I had to move on.. We carried her a lot, and time by time she wanted to discover everything on her own and walk to things.. When she realised that she had to wear that collar for going outside and for walks, she couldn't wear that lead fast enough or too much :lol:

At the moment.. if she could put on her collar herself, I think she would !

Ellen said:
At the moment.. if she could put on her collar herself, I think she would !
Yes- when ours feel its time to go out they drag their collars and leads off the hook and carry the collar around in their mouths - I bet they wish they could put them on

Ella is lovely, very pretty. I think what Wendy said about the chipping was very good advice. I'd like to add that I took Ollie to training classes where he was fantastic, I was very proud, but then went to ringcraft and needed him to look straight ahead really rather than up at me (as he was encouraged to do for obedience training) and had to try and stop him sitting when we stopped as he needed to stand!

Not really a problem for me as Ollie was never bought as a show dog, but I didn't want to leave him out when taking Jake, but could be food for thought for you if you are serious about showing. (w00t)

had a laugh today trying Ella on the lead, each time we did a length of the garden she got a titchy bit of steak, felt like I was going to pull her head off with the collar up behind her ears so that she didn't chew the lead :(

When I thought she'd had enough I took off the lead for a play, she went straight to the patio table and jumped at the box of steak, however it landed upside down , covering the steak pieces :p

Apart from that she has been very mischievious today, and very 'bitey', Russ's mum did warn us she was a handful :lol: it was great to see her excited and racing round the garden, but we haven't got many flower heads left :blink:

she's zonked out on the sofa now getting some more beauty sleep :wub:

:( Ella's had loose p**h on Wednesday and diarrhoea since, that's 5 days :( I've blamed it on the 2nd jab - wouldn't last that long, a whole pigs ear - given by OH when I was out (would it last that long ?) cooked steak - maybe too rich ? eating every stone and flower head she can steal :blink:

She's playing, not crying, and even lets you wipe her b*m (spoilt princess)

We're taking her to the vet tomorrow, the amount of liquid she's losing cannot be doing her any good and she's too skinny to lose weight

only good thing is it puts me off eating :x

Let you know how she gets on tomorrow

Very possibly the pig's ear.

Generally the vet will probably tell you to starve her for 24 hours then start her on boiled rice and chicken - very plain - small meals a few times a day for a couple of days till her system sorts itself out.

Still a good idea to take her, poor thing.

Wendy

we haven't actually starved her yet, but tried the chicken and rice (picks the rice out), also clashed with trying some JWB puppy lamb flavour kibble.

I know I'll get a lecture from the vet about raw meat feeding as even when I rang to make the appointment I got 'ah, raw minced beef, that's bad', 'chicken wings , always doing laps. for chicken bones piercing the gut'

she's only done one pool of d******ea today, hope she's not saving it for the vet waiting room :x roll on 2.30 pm :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back