The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Please Send Healing Thoughts For Billy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Please, please send healing thoughts for my Billy, he has been bitten in the face this morning out on his walk by an adder :eek:
He is in the vets on a drip and anti venom, he doesnt look like a whippet at the moment, more like a bull terrier.

I had six dogs with me this morning, and only one was nosey enough to stick his nose into an adder nest :(

My poor boy...... please send him some some healing wishes :'(
O Dear my heart goes out to poor Billy, think positive, vets are like the medical profession, they are angels sent from god with healing hands. Put your trust in them, he is in good hands.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts :huggles:
Billy is responding well to the anti venom :thumbsup: He has to stay in on a drip but will hopefully be able to come home tomorrow, cant wait to have him back where he belongs. :wub:

The scariest thing was how quickly he deteriorated, poor lad. The children were with me and found it all very upsetting, too. Think they will be more keen to put walking boots on in the future! (w00t)
Adder bites are the worst they'll be right now as hibernating snakes are waking up ... their venom sacs are much fuller than they will be later in the season. Poor Billy probably got a nasty dose of venom ... hope he's all better real soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Billy (and poor you, you must have been worried sick) adder bites are nasty. Really pleased he's responding well to treatment and hope he's home very soon :luck:

oh my love..jane told me today..hope he is ok and bro sends his love...how scary

Im so pleased Billy is responding well...Adder bites can be really dangerous ! hes sounds like he is over the worst thank goodness.

We were out yesterday in the sunshine, over part of the moor...and my first thoughts was about Adders emerging to bask in the early sunshine...

I always wear walking boots, and keep out of the deep heather and bracken.....after grouse beating for years know only too well the dangers of them....

when 1st reading this

i also thought of di two dogs

i am so glad hes responding to the treatment

loads of :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

gentle :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

to you both

Do hope poor Billys going on OK, what a horrible shock for you!

:eek: :x Poor Billy and what a shock for you :(

Hope he continues to improve and is home very soon :huggles:

I have seen a few adders over the last few years whilst out walking in the New Forest :x so always carry a couple of piriton, as the vet

recommended :thumbsup:

poor Billy - I hope he recovers quickly. How horrible, poor lad.

Poor Billy :( Hope he has a speedy recovery :luck: You must have got an awful fright :huggles:

Hope you are able to pick Billy up today :thumbsup:

Hope Billy is feeling a lot better today and will be home with you very soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sooooooo very please Billy is on the mend :sweating: :sweating: :sweating: :sweating: ......i,ve left a message on your phone Paula :thumbsup:

Hi, Billy is home!!! :thumbsup: Thanks again all of you for your support :)

He looks a little puffy round the face but seems fine otherwise. He is bouncy as ever and has been racing Alfie round the garden, and tried to pinch the childrens tea when I turned my back on him (w00t)

Just has to have a urine test in a weeks time to check his kidneys havent been damaged by the adder poison.

It is lovely to have him home :wub:

Really pleased he's home and feeling much better :thumbsup: :luck:

Aww thats just brilliant news for Billy...Hoorah... :thumbsup:

so glad hes at home where he belongs... :huggles: and tell him to keep well away from those horrible Adders.....

So glad to hear the good news :thumbsup: . A timely warning for us all I think, and good to know what to do if it happens. Hope you can all have some peaceful time to get over it. :huggles:

So glad to hear this, Paula :D

Well done to Billy for pulling through :thumbsup: xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back