The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Say A Prayer For Little Fern

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ladyp said:
Painted Lady said:

affieluver said:
i was just wondering the same sarah i do hope fern pat and homer are ok ? :huggles:
Hi,Fern is stable at the moment,hoping for better news tomorrow.

Homer is still scared to go outside the door,but he's eating his food.

Will keep you posted,when i know more.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Pat xxx

Pat we'll meet you for a walk to get Homer some confidence back, Star is v gentle as is Supe :huggles:

OMG i just read all this thread sending you my best wishes for fern and i hope she pulls through. :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles:

The great dane should be pts no doubt about it .

I myself had to have my german shepard bitch piper PTS it broke my heart to do it but i had no choice she attacked my staffie twice in oneday while i was in the garden with them with no provocation. The first attack she never got chance to injure cassie and as soon as i shouted she stopped. she was always so obedient.

However the second attack i couldn't make her stop she had my staffie by her throat and was just ragging her if it han't have been for cassies collar i don't tink she would have survived the attack.

Luckily my husband was home and he is a big man he had to punch piper in the side of the head to get her to let go of cassie and then wrestle her to the ground while i got cassie inside.

She was like a lunatic totally out of control it was like she wanted to kill . My husband had to pin her down for 10 mins until she was calm everytime he realsed any pressure she would start going crazy again.

when my husband took cassie to the vets to get her fixed up i sat with piper she was back to being my little lamb again so soft and gentle.

But after the second attack i could never trust her again plus i had a 6 week old baby to think of i would never have dreamed of letting someone else take her when the was a risk she could attack again.

I sat on the floor of the vets with my black baby girl as she fell asleep heartbroken that she was gone but relieved that i knew she could never hurt anyone or anything again.

My personal view is that no matter how well trained your dog is your never completely in control and if you have a large dog who can do serious damage then when out in public it should be mussled .

BLOODY HELL! What the hell is going on with people and their dogs? :rant: no doubt about it the that great dane should be destroyed, your poor little dog i really do hope that she will be ok after what she's been through, my god what a horrible thing to happen :( I have everything crossed for you and i hope she makes a speedy recovery :huggles: . I got lots of praying to do this week my dog is also injured and in quite a bad way she had a bad accident in Richmond Park friday morning, don't know excatly how she done it because she disappeared from me but my other lurcher found her down a deep ditch with her front leg smashed to pieces :( her leg was just dangling, open break :( it was horrible to see, see was really in shock and so was i but i tryed not to panic because i knew if i did it would make her worse and my other 2 dogs who were standing over her shakeing. But what really shocked me is that not one person even offered to help me :rant: i had to carry her back to my car trying not to do anymore damage to her leg my car was about half a mile away and she weighs about 45 pound so it took me some time my arms were burning with pain from carrying her. I got her straight to the vets from there and her legs so bad that they can't operate till wedenesday, she's druged up to the eye balls and is doing ok in herself but i don't know how she'll be after this :( I love all my dogs the same and i dont want to see anything happen to any of them but it always seems to be my Bella that has the bad luck she's 7 now and as been a brilliant dog proberly the best dog i've ever had in everyway :)) won me lots of trophies and caught me lots of rabbits, Bless her. So lots of fingers crossed and lots of praying to be done for these dogs. Clare x :huggles:

:( Hope your little girl's leg mends ok. Thats an awful way to find your dog. Hope you and she get over it.

Thinking of you both,

x x x x

clare Bow said:
BLOODY HELL! What the hell is going on with people and their dogs? :rant:   no doubt about it the that great dane should be destroyed, your poor little dog i really do hope that she will be ok after what she's been through, my god what a horrible thing to happen  :(   I have everything crossed for you and i hope she makes a speedy recovery :huggles: . I got lots of praying to do this week my dog is also injured and in quite a bad way she had a bad accident in Richmond Park friday morning, don't know excatly how she done it because she disappeared from me but my other lurcher found her down a deep ditch with her front leg smashed to pieces  :(   her leg was just dangling, open break  :(   it was horrible to see, see was really in shock and so was i but i tryed not to panic because i knew if i did it would make her worse and my other 2 dogs who were standing over her shakeing. But what really shocked me is that not one person even offered to help me  :rant:   i had to carry her back to my car trying not to do anymore damage to her leg my car was about half a mile away and she weighs about 45 pound so it took me some time my arms were burning with pain from carrying her. I got her straight to the vets from there and her legs so bad that they can't operate till wedenesday, she's druged up to the eye balls and is doing ok in herself but i don't know how she'll be after this  :(   I love all my dogs the same and i dont want to see anything happen to any of them but it always seems to be my Bella that has the bad luck she's 7 now and as been a brilliant dog proberly the best dog i've ever had in everyway  :))   won me lots of trophies and caught me lots of rabbits, Bless her. So lots of fingers crossed and lots of praying to be done for these dogs. Clare x  :huggles:
ive been praying since you told me clare :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

trac said:
clare Bow said:
BLOODY HELL! What the hell is going on with people and their dogs? :rant:   no doubt about it the that great dane should be destroyed, your poor little dog i really do hope that she will be ok after what she's been through, my god what a horrible thing to happen  :(   I have everything crossed for you and i hope she makes a speedy recovery :huggles: . I got lots of praying to do this week my dog is also injured and in quite a bad way she had a bad accident in Richmond Park friday morning, don't know excatly how she done it because she disappeared from me but my other lurcher found her down a deep ditch with her front leg smashed to pieces  :(   her leg was just dangling, open break  :(   it was horrible to see, see was really in shock and so was i but i tryed not to panic because i knew if i did it would make her worse and my other 2 dogs who were standing over her shakeing. But what really shocked me is that not one person even offered to help me  :rant:   i had to carry her back to my car trying not to do anymore damage to her leg my car was about half a mile away and she weighs about 45 pound so it took me some time my arms were burning with pain from carrying her. I got her straight to the vets from there and her legs so bad that they can't operate till wedenesday, she's druged up to the eye balls and is doing ok in herself but i don't know how she'll be after this  :(   I love all my dogs the same and i dont want to see anything happen to any of them but it always seems to be my Bella that has the bad luck she's 7 now and as been a brilliant dog proberly the best dog i've ever had in everyway  :))   won me lots of trophies and caught me lots of rabbits, Bless her. So lots of fingers crossed and lots of praying to be done for these dogs. Clare x  :huggles:
ive been praying since you told me clare :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

HI Ya trac, Thank you so much trac x you are such a good friend :huggles:

Pat, Fern and Homer we are thinking of you and still praying for you, any update on Fern?

Me and my aunty lit a candle in church for you all :huggles: :huggles:

Pat, Thinking and praying for Fern.

Clare, I hope Bella is soon recovered too.

Pauline

Wishing Fern lots of luck for her operation today :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Jill

x

:( only just seen this,

:huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: sending you all me healing thoughts today :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Only just seen this ... poor little Fern, sending as many positive vibes as I can muster her way. Also hoping Homer gets over his fright poor lad.

And hugs and love to Bella too ... it's just so awful when a dog is injured ... I can't believe no one offered to help you on your way back to your car.

Be well all.

Annie

clare Bow said:
How awful, i can't believe no one helped you either.........healing prayers to bella and fern.........

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back