The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Say A Prayer For Little Fern

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:luck: :luck: :luck: for Fern

You must all be so worried. Thinking of you all and especially Fern. :huggles:

Pauline & Ruby

Last edited by a moderator:
alfyn said:
Thanks everyone for your kind comments,i know Pat will appreciate your concerns :huggles: Ferns now at Bristol & there is concern that her heart has enlarged & i think possible damage to her bladder,& it looks as though her chest  might have to be opened right up to see what's fully going on  :'(

So please please keep her in your thoughts tonight  :huggles:

Fern will be in our prayers tonight and everynight until she makes a full recovery

please God :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

alfyn said:
Thanks everyone for your kind comments,i know Pat will appreciate your concerns :huggles: Ferns now at Bristol & there is concern that her heart has enlarged & i think possible damage to her bladder,& it looks as though her chest  might have to be opened right up to see what's fully going on  :'(

So please please keep her in your thoughts tonight  :huggles:

oh no :( oh poor little fern :( cant stop thinking about this....god how awful.....sending loves :wub:

sending love and best wishes heres hoping the news gets better from now on :luck: :luck: :luck: and gentle hugs :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Oh poor Baby, she's in the right place and we all know how remarkably resiliant they are - lots of prayers for her still :huggles: :huggles:

Keep hanging in there, little Fern :wub: :wub:

We all love you and we're all rooting for you :huggles: xx :luck: :luck:

alfyn said:
I've just had a call from Pat who has little Fern & Homer,& while she was out on a walk with them both on lead,a bloody great dane came charging up & viciously attacked Fern. :( It grabbed her & picked her up & shook her like a rag doll .She's at the vets being operated on as he's worried that her lung is damaged &  broken some ribs :'(

Poor little Homer is extremely traumatised & has some damage near to one of his eyes,& Pat has also been bitten on her hands :(

So please say a prayer for them all,but especially for precious little Fern that she makes a full recovery :huggles:

Really sorry to read this Debs. My thoughts are with them. Pat must be in a dreadful state. Poor little Fern.

So sorry to read to hear about Fern good luck for a good recovery :luck: :luck:

Thinking of you all :huggles:

How very horrible :rant:

We wish Fern and her family all the best and hope she recovers well. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

What terrible news... and how frightening. :(

I really hope that this has a positive outcome. Best wishes for a good and speedy recovery :luck:

The police should most definitely be notified about this... the dog is clearly dangerously out of control as descibed by the Dangerous Dogs Act and as has previously been said this is likely to happen again. If it isn't another dog next time it could just as easily be a small child.

Definition of 'Dangerously out of control'

Last edited by a moderator:
How awful :(

Best wishes to little Fern for complete recovery.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I do hope the Dane is PTS immediately. Please, do report this incident to the police to make sure the dog is NOT passed on to some unsuspecting person.

Keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome for Fern. Poor little darling. :huggles:

Wonder how Fern's doing.

Everything crossed it's better new's this morning :luck:

Just wondering how Fern and Homer are doing? they have been on my mind all night :- "

Hi everyone,many thanks for your very kind words,it really means alot to me.

Fern is at Bristol having 24/7 care.

She is hanging in there.

i'm waiting for a phone call this morning(hoping she will not need a op)

Homer is missing his little sister and he is very restless,but gone to bed now.

Please say a little prayer for my little Fern, she is so special to me.

I will keep you all posted.

Love Pat(Ladyp)xx

I have been thinking of little Fern all night and have just read all this thread to find out how she is . Poor little soul , it's just too awful . I hope she is going to be alright ,

There is absolutely no doubt the great dane should be PTS . I know people who have them and they say if you get a bad one it is really bad .

so sorry to hear such horrible news :( i hope fern makes a fast and full recovery :luck: yes the dane SHOULD be PTS !

loads of luck from all of us here :luck: :luck: :luck:

What an absolutely terrible thing to happen :( - thinking of Fern at this time, and poor Homer and you who are probably traumatised as well. :huggles:

I agree that this Great Dane, for whatever reason, is dangerously out of control, and should be humanely PTS.

Hope you hear some better news today. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

oh no ! poor fern :( i do hope she will make a full recovery and that nasty beast is put down wishing you and little fern some good luck and i hope she is home real soon :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Oh no! I only just saw this thread and I am horrified, it's like your worst nightmare. Poor Fern and Homer - and Pat, I can only imagine how she feels.

I really hope Fern makes a full recovery and is as comfortable as she can be at the moment in 24/7 care.

That Great Dane really should be PTS - and after reading about the woman who rehomed a Dane who was growling etc at her adult son - well in my opinion if you cannot manage a dog like that yourself, you have it put to sleep, you do not pass on problems.

I hope the police are informed about this, and they should act since Pat also was bitten (even if they think dog attacks are "normal" dog behaviour as some police seem to think).

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back