The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Polly Bore. Some Sad News

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It is with great sadness that the committee and members of East Anglian Whippet Country Club announce the death of our good friend Polly Bore. Polly has been very sick for some time and has not managed to join us on the field for about one year. Polly was the owner of Banatay Bonanza, arguably the best coursing dog of his generattion and a Puppy Cup given in his honour was last competed for at our Henham Hall meeting last year. Polly, in fact attended that meeting and presented the rosettes. It was anticipated that Polly would be at Henham the weekend after next to officiate once again but sadly that cannot be. I had coursed with Polly for several years I think we first met at our Gillingham meeting when Clive Searson brought her along as a guest. Following that initial occasion, I doubt Polly missed many meetings. We will all miss her and I am sure that those of you from outside our club will join with us in expressing our sincere condolences to Polly's family at this sad time.

Thankyou

Chris Doyle

:( Indeed a very sad loss

my thoughts are with her family and friends who will feel the loss so greatly :(

so sad.... my thoughts go out to her family and friends, :(

our thoughts are with the family at this sad time. :(

How sad...my thoughts are with her family at this sad time :(

I have been asked to put some pictures on of Polly in happier times. They show images from last year at Henham Hall and Somerleyton Hall when Polly did the presentations. There are also a couple of Ed (Banatay Bonanza) also

P1.jpg

P6.jpg

P2.jpg

P4.jpg

P8.jpg

P5.jpg

Such a sad loss, :( she always made people feel most welcome on anglias coursing fields..

Sad news our thoughts go out to her family and friends :(

So sorry to hear this sad news , the loss of a good coursing freind, will miss her

Polly's family have asked me to express their thanks for all your kind words and wishes.

As you would expect, they are busy with various arangemets at the moment but I will be keeping the contents of this topic for them to look through when the time is right.

Regards

Clive Searson

Thank you very much for your kind comments about Mum , Whips really were her world, i know the friends she met through the whippet club and coursing meetings meant alot to her. Her funeral will be held at Gorelston Crematorium, 2pm, Thursday 17th April- all welcome. Mum wanted her life to be celebrated and wished for a colourful funeral- please wear something bright! Family flowers only please, but donations to JR Whippet rescue would be gratefully recieved.

Kind regards,

Melissa and Katy

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back