The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Postal Strike

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:rant: omg there out on strike again ,iv got about 30 parcels here ready to post :rant: :rant: REALLY ROYAL MAIL SHORT YOUR SHIT OUT :rant: :rant: :rant:

I can sympathize Nicky :- " I send 2 portraits off on Wednesday with gritted teeth :rant:

Just hope they arrive safely :luck:

Lillibet

im waiting for a collar, lead and a few other bits i ordered for gyp's nearly 2 weeks ago....................starting to think they are lost :rant:

One bit of good news ......... my new snuggle sack and the daisy collar arrived today :)

Will get pics up ASAP!

Thanks, Nicky ....... lovely stuff, as usual :thumbsup: :cheers:

nicky12 said:
:rant: omg there out on strike again ,iv got about 30 parcels here ready to post  :rant:   :rant: REALLY ROYAL MAIL SHORT YOUR SHIT OUT  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

Could'nt agree more Nicky :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GET BACK TO WORK AND BE LUCKY YOUR NOT ON MINIMUM WAGE!!

I am fuming I am waiting for about 14 different parcels i have brought over the last couple of weeks from the internet. Starting xmas shopping early :angry:

yesterday was my day of so I waited in for the postie and he brought one, today I made sure hubby was in and none came. He was saying there is a huge back log at the sorting office and they have no idea when they will be cleared.

I dont care and I wont be buying anything else until it is sorted. I dont have any sympathy for them, What ever was wrong I dont care any more. Yes that may sound selfish but its about time they got their act together.

Wendy

Ps just heard on the news they are out again on Monday

Well my son's passport application that I sent last Thursday Special Delivery, is STILL sitting in Liverpool sorting office as they are on unofficial strike. It is going to cost me double to go to the nearest office to get a passport and a 100 mile round trip..........What really pisses me off is that a major part of the dispute is about having to work the hours they are paid for and not being able to sod off early when they've delivered the mail. A postman gets paid for 37 hours, but might only work 28!

They've lost my symapthy, lazy gits :rant: :rant: :rant:

I have lots of parcels ready to go but am waiting the cheques for them. Lots of people who buy mail order do not like to pay by anything other than PO or cheque. I've sent a couple before the cheque arrived because I know they are for special anniversaries and I've taken the risk. I have been taking my parcels to the PO during the dispute, but it worries me and if it continues I will probably look at sending by courier. I have always supported the Royal Mail but when it affects my cashflow I have to be pro-active. Such a shame.

Jenny

well up until recently we were running a internet business and a lot of people paid by cheque. I am so glad we have given it up for the time being as this chaos would of made paying the mortgage dificult this month.

I have brought loads of bargins on ebay because people are just not wanting to buy stuff when they dont know when it will be delivered.

Wendy

I tried to get a courier last Friday and couldnt

Eventually sent it on Monday not ideal but it went :blink:

Guess who turned up today!! Yes the courier Id tried to get last Friday came today instead!!! :angry:

Just get on with your jobs and be happy youve got one!!!!! :rant:

Just pissing us all off now not much sympathy left!!!

just phoned my postie friend up, hes hacked off as well, didnt want to strike but had no choice, he cant afford not to get paid either :angry:

he's gonna go into the sorting office for me tomorrow and try and find my parcels :thumbsup:

i reckon they should all get the sack they are soooooooo lazy they go on strike at the drop of a hat im waiting for some books and my next knitting issues thats without bills which we all get charged for if we pay them late are they going to pay us back money we had to pay because of them i doubt it very much

joe90 said:
i reckon they should all get the sack they are soooooooo lazy they go on strike at the drop of a hat im waiting for some books and my next knitting issues thats without bills which we all get charged for if we pay them late are they going to pay us back money we had to pay because of them i doubt it very much
mmm, sack them all ahe?? they wont be on strike forever, whos gonna deliver your post when their all sacked :- "

i know its a pain, but bare with them, wont last forever :thumbsup:

aww im right fed up with them im waiting on loads of cheques,and hardwere and trims and fabric and need to post loads of parcels but i really dont like posting when ther on strike in case they get lost or somthing :( sucks big time if your buissness is internet based and you relie on the postal service :rant:

yeah i know nicky its a pain, im waiting for bits as well...........about a £100 worth of chrimbo pressies :eek:

[SIZE=14pt]cheers all for your support [/SIZE] :thumbsup:

lazy am i?

here was me under the mistaken impression that i was actually trying to keep my job, a job that despite being hard graft is one i enjoy, had i realised that in actual fact far from careing about what i do and hoping that the strikes will end soon myself cos i don't actually enjoy having the grand total of 38 pounds in my paypacket this week, that i was actually just lazy and workshy i wouldn't have bothered.

i mean why should i complain that my family would actually be better off financially if i was six feet fecking under :rant: when some poor buggers are getting their dog jumpers a few day late :rant:

so a big heartfelt thanks for that boost in moral that i was so desperately in need of after what has been an utterly shite day :huggles:

this wasnt aimed at you directly beaker , and its not a case of having a jumper a few days late ,this is my buisness and puts food on my table and if royal mail aint doing ther job i dont get paid either ,so yeh im having a shit day to cause iv got a total of £18 in my pocket . :thumbsup:

beaker said:
[SIZE=14pt]cheers all for your support [/SIZE] :thumbsup:
lazy am i?

here was me under the mistaken impression that i was actually trying to keep my job, a job that despite being hard graft is one i enjoy, had i realised that in actual fact far from careing about what i do and hoping that the strikes will end soon myself cos i don't actually enjoy having the grand total of 38 pounds in my paypacket this week, that i was actually just lazy and workshy i wouldn't have bothered.

i mean why should i complain that my family would actually be better off financially if i was six feet fecking under  :rant: when some poor buggers are getting their dog jumpers a few day late  :rant:

so a big heartfelt thanks for that boost in moral that i was so desperately in need of after what has been an utterly shite day  :huggles:

no your not lazy at all (wasnt me that said that)..........my mate is a postie and is also really fed up with whats going on...........really hope things get sorted for you all soon :thumbsup:

cheques and goods might get delayed but they still get there,

my wage won't come through next week but cheques will

the things aren't lost they're just waiting to go out,

my wage isn't delayed, it doesn't exist!!!

which with Amos in the vets with a possible fracture to his leg i'm right royally stuffed :'(

so to get called lazy when all i'm tring to do is cling desperately to my job is like being kicked in the guts after getting robbed

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back