The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Practising Our Agility!

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We bought a fence for the garden last autumn so that Muffin and Jonah could have a go at jumping. Now the weather's nicer we've got it out again. :) Here's some photos I took this morning.

What's that you've got there dad? :)

20070421_0132.jpg

Ooh, treats! :D

20070421_0123.jpg

Do I have to do something to get that jerky treat? :unsure:

20070421_0122.jpg

Well done Muffin! :p Jonah's already lost interest. o:)

20070421_0124.jpg

Getting good at this now. :teehee:

20070421_0125.jpg

(w00t)

20070421_0131.jpg

Right Jonah, your turn - no, you don't stand on it! :teehee:

20070421_0128.jpg

Wasn't I supposed to knock it off? :clown:

20070421_0126.jpg

Well, how about going underneath? :lol:

20070421_0130.jpg

Hey, you did it! :lol: :wub: (sorry about his head getting cut off :b )

20070421_0129.jpg

(w00t) looks like ther enjoying themselves ther :D lovely pics :thumbsup:

that was so funny,bet jonahs like a bull n a china shop (w00t)

well done to both though,they did manage it didnt they :lol: :thumbsup:

Great pictures, they look like they really enjoy it when they know what they're supposed to do :lol:

Muffin always has his eyes on the treats doesn't he o:)

jezza said:
Great pictures, they look like they really enjoy it when they know what they're supposed to do  :lol:
Muffin always has his eyes on the treats doesn't he  o:)

Bribery works wonders! :lol: That's why he knocked the pole off because he was only interested in the treats. :clown:

great! we make our own jumps from paint tins and broomsticks lol :lol:

im looking forward to getting some real ones :b :D

muffin is a natural :wub:

I enjoyed those :p

You'll have to get them the tunnel next :) I think they could get the hang of agility quite quickly. :)

Those jumps look good Gillian, great to see Muffin and Jonah having a bash :D :thumbsup: (can I be cheeky and ask where you got it from please - I would love one :thumbsup: )

Janimal said:
Those jumps look good Gillian, great to see Muffin and Jonah having a bash :D   :thumbsup:   (can I be cheeky and ask where you got it from please - I would love one  :thumbsup: )
There are loads of agility things on ebay. :) Just type in 'dog agility'. Some of the things are a bit pricey though. I'd love to get the tunnel but I'm not sure if I want to spend so much on something they may not like. I suppose I could always re-sell it! :- "

gilliwigs said:
Janimal said:
Those jumps look good Gillian, great to see Muffin and Jonah having a bash :D   :thumbsup:    (can I be cheeky and ask where you got it from please - I would love one  :thumbsup: )
There are loads of agility things on ebay. :) Just type in 'dog agility'. Some of the things are a bit pricey though. I'd love to get the tunnel but I'm not sure if I want to spend so much on something they may not like. I suppose I could always re-sell it! :- "

cheapskate strikes again...........i use one of the kids old tunnels that come with playtents..........they are really quite cheap and would do for a try out? :b :thumbsup:

paddysmum said:
gilliwigs said:
Janimal said:
Those jumps look good Gillian, great to see Muffin and Jonah having a bash :D   :thumbsup:    (can I be cheeky and ask where you got it from please - I would love one  :thumbsup: )

cheapskate strikes again...........i use one of the kids old tunnels that come with playtents..........they are really quite cheap and would do for a try out? :b :thumbsup:

Thanks for that tip Becky! :thumbsup: Not having children I wouldn't have even thought about it. I have ordered one at half the price of proper doggy ones. :) I can always sell it on ebay if they don't get on with it! :lol: Watch out for more piccies. :D

We got a hula hoop and kiddies tunnel for the dogs to practice in the garden too, great fun. You've inspired me to get them out of the garage loft again. Well done Muffin & Jonah 8)

Hey, they look as though they are getting the hang of it :) I bet you'll find they love the tunnel, most dogs do. In fact at a very hot show one year, Rafferty went in one end of the tunnel, never to appear out the other end :lol: I looked in one end & the judge peeked in the other end & there he was, lying down in the coolest place around :clown:

That was when it started to dawn on me that he probably wasn't really cut out for agility :- "

BTW if Muffin & Jonah want some company our club has just lost our outdoor venue :rant: so we have all the equipment but no-where to train :(

that looks great fun! the kennels we use has agility lessons, might give it a go?

J.T. said:
Hey, they look as though they are getting the hang of it :)   I bet you'll find they love the tunnel, most dogs do. In fact at a very hot show one year, Rafferty went in one end of the tunnel, never to appear out the other end :lol:   I looked in one end & the judge peeked in the other end & there he was, lying down in the coolest place around :clown: That was when it started to dawn on me that he probably wasn't really cut out for agility :- "

BTW if Muffin & Jonah want some company our club has just lost our outdoor venue  :rant: so we have all the equipment but no-where to train :(

Rafferty! :clown: :wub:

The children's play tunnel arrived today. :D I got it out in the lounge and must have looked a right idiot trying to crawl through and encourage the dogs to have a go. :lol: I needn't have worried though because Jonah took one look and was straight through it - great fun! :teehee: Needless to say, Muffin won't go near it in case it eats him! (w00t)

It's a bit windy to really have a proper go outside at the moment but when we do I will get the camera out and take some piccies.

Sorry to hear about your agility club losing its outdoor venue - that must be really annoying. :( Are they likely to find anywhere else soon? Will be taking Jonah off to obedience next week I hope. o:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back