The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Problems With K9

buffyrannoch

Closed Accounts
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I cant get into the whippet showing forum or post a new topic in general discussion whippets ??????? :( :wacko:

I couldnt do this also Nigel yesterday - so opted for Gen Dogs Discussions instead.

and cant enter whippet showing either. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here - had to post in General Discussion Dogs :blink:

I haven't got any problems, unless it is all sorted out now.

I cannot get to the bottom of the reason why just a small handful of people seem unable to get into Whippet showing forum or have a problem posting.

I've tried logging in as 05whippet (who had/has a problem) and had no problems at all - so that seems to suggest the problem has either gone away or it's specific to the particular users PC settings or cookies etc. I've checked all the server settings and so has the server owner - so I'm 99.9% certain the problem isn't there.

If anyone does have a problem and it's ok by them I'd like to try logging in as them and see if I have a similar problem here. So, if anyone who is having problems (and doesn't mind me logging in as them) could PM with specific details about what they cannot do and what errors they get then I'll give it a go. You'll also need to PM your password.

OK, I've been doing some research on this problem and asking advice on support forums from those who should know...

It's a problem associated with those isp's that cache a lot of the url requests (AOL for example) - that means that when you click on 'Whippet showing' forum you don't necessarily get the (whole) page from the K9 server, the ISP provides some of the page information from their cached copy. This saves on their bandwidth useage. Problem is that when the K9 server & dns server went down these isp's cached a 502 error and haven't updated their cached copy since.

Solution is to talk to your isp and try and get them to refresh their cache or ask them to suggest different proxy settings to bypass their cacheing system. Other than that you could change to a better isp or wait for the cache to refresh naturally.

There is one last thing you might try and that's refresh your local dns cache - for Windows XP Start, Run, ipconfig /flushdns

Hope that helps...

i've had a couple of similar problems :( but i found 'view new posts', then clicking on whichever forum the stubborn topic is on, then accessing the thread. it doesnt seem specific to a particular forum, more individual threads. i'm guessing i have the same problem as 05, as i am also with aol :rant: need to change it, because there are a couple of websites i cannot access through aol. instead i have to go through explorer, and indeed have been told by the owner of one site that no one with aol can get in :(

lalena said:
i've had a couple of similar problems :(   but i found 'view new posts', then clicking on whichever forum the stubborn topic is on, then accessing the thread. it doesnt seem specific to a particular forum, more individual threads. i'm guessing i have the same problem as 05, as i am also with aol :rant: need to change it, because there are a couple of websites i cannot access through aol. instead i have to go through explorer, and indeed have been told by the owner of one site that no one with aol can get in :(

Im with AOL too :(

:( then, ladies and gentlemen, i think we've found the problem.

buffyrannoch said:
Sorted - Ive been using Internet Explorer  :thumbsup:
bet nigels relieved :D glad it worked :thumbsup: i'm usually a computer ditz, so i'll be emailing steve at bullhawk (staff website) with gushing thanks :lol: bless him, hes already convinced i'm too blonde to function :- "

Yes Im with AOL too :rant: im having problems with them to start with :rant: - wont help me network at home - ruddy lot.

Ill try internet explorer too then. :thumbsup:

I'm with aol too if you ring up they are useless they wan't help me because I use a belkin wireless router for Bens laptop to be connected too on a wireless network they say they don't endorse them I can get into whippet showing bygoing on last posted thread then going on next oldest

YEEEEEHHHHHH I can get in on internet explorer too

I'm sure it will sort itself out in time, but that's down to aol. I dont know how often they refresh their cache - I'd of thought it shouldn't be more than a day or two, but obviously it's a lot longer than that.

By using Internet explorer not only can I access whippet showing, but the whole site is loading much faster too, just need to remember to visit via IE !!! :thumbsup:

Come on then , explain to me about getting on here thro Internet Explorer :wacko: , BTW Im on AOL too (w00t)

JAX said:
Come on then , explain to me about getting on here thro Internet Explorer  :wacko: , BTW Im on AOL too  (w00t)
how do you mean? just minimise aol, click on ie, type in address. waaaaay faster, and no problems (w00t)

i was looking through tobys site he looks goods i got one of guess who x sophie. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back