The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Biting/Mouthing - best way to stop/limit it

Ranvijay Singh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, Just bought my blue staffy pup home, been with us a few days, and is a sweetie!, I have heard of the mouthing and he just has a funny few moments where he wants to attack our legs/feet - puppy mouthing i think? Does anyone have any guidance on how to stop/limit or training that I could use to help my pup stop. He is 9 weeks old but im trying to get him trained up now rather that make it a continual habit. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Bear in mind that puppy mouthing is normal, and don't expect an overnight fix. There's lots of good advice in the link Joanne gace, and don't feel that you need to try different methods if you don't see an improvement in a few days. Also, expect there to be setbacks when pup is teething, or approaches adolescence, or has a stressful/exciting day, or it's that time of day... or pup is just having one of those days.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back