The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Problem

freemo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can anyone help??

I have a 16 week old Blue whippet who enjoys eating horse s**t when we go out.I have fed him before we go and when we return home but he still keeps eating it.Is this usual and what can be done about it??

Welcome to K9 :thumbsup:

Im afraid all puppies do this, cow muck, sheep poo, rabbit poo - you name it. :lol:

I think there might be some replies in FAQ about this too. :thumbsup:

I don't know if this makes you feel better but Dolly always like to eat sheep, dog and rabbit poo. So i wouldn't worry about it. She hasn't found any horse poo yet!!

freemo said:
Can anyone help??I have a 16 week old Blue whippet who enjoys eating horse s**t when we go out.I have fed him before we go and when we return home but he still keeps eating it.Is this usual and what can be done about it??

i wouldnt worry about it love its only fermented grass, my jack russell eats and rolls in every pile of shite (other than dog) that she can find and its never done her any harm....just dont let him kiss u after :x

Herbivores poo is particularly attractive to dogs as a mean of getting plants into their system in an easily digestible form as it has already been processed. As dogs can't use veg/plants in their raw form which is why those of us that feed the BARF diet pulverise them up.

I wouldn't be too concerned, although it does worry me what medication the animal has been given and therefore will be present in its poo - as may not be very good for dogs

mine found some horse manure on the beach once and all the shouting in the world wouldnt get them away from it ,they grabbed a big mouthful and shook it to make it smaller mouthfuls ,it was flying everywhere,people passing was making lots of negatives towards them. :lol:

Thanks for all our replies.I was just worried in case he picked somthing up.Its my 1st whippet and didnt want anything to happen to him.

Hi and welcome to K9. I wouldn't worry- this is perfectly normal. All of mine do it and it doesn't seem to do them any harm. In fact I think that it is probably quite good for them- predigested greens. I try to keep them away from runny cow pats as this seems to upset their stomachs, but normally horse droppings and less runny cow pats seem fine.

Mine love it when we go down the racecourse just after they've had a race meeting , OOh lovely Thoroughbred poo :x :oops: :lol: It makes my dogs run faster too :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back