The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Updates

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've started this post and it's designed for updating us all on the coursing forum. How is your puppy is progressing into it's working life. Working maybe rabbiting, racing,lure coursing or general mooching about.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST PICTURES OF YOUR DOGS CATCHES AS LONG AS IT'S LEGAL QUARRY. IT'S THE COURSING FORUM AND IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT THEY DON'T HAVE TO LOOK.

Lets show everyone how well we keep and train our working whippets.

This is my pup Tilly born on the 17th july 2005

tilly_net_003.jpg

Ooooh didn't know she was born on my birthday 8)

You've got her looking good Mally, keep it up!

How's mum doing since the litter?

I would love both my Whippets to be working dogs, but i dont know how or where to start..

There are a few farms by us so i may go and ask if i can have permission to walk my dogs there and see what they catch :D

Vicky said:
You've got her looking good Mally, keep it up!How's mum doing since the litter?

cheers vicky,

Jess is doing fine after having the large litter and back into working fitness.

I take her out lamping,ferreting and even use her for doggin the pheasants and partridge back onto the beats.

Tillys first day ferreting at 5 1/2 months old. I odvously didn't let her chase, i just wanted to see how she reacted to the ferrets and rabbits bolting into the nets. She did really well especally in such cold conditions. She held two rabbits in the purse nets until i arrived. She did get a little nip from my friends ferret but she didn't show any aggression towards the ferret.

All in all agood first day ferreting.

View attachment 25187

only got six but it was a good day for the pup

mally said:
I've started this post and it's designed for updating us all on the coursing forum. How is your puppy is progressing into it's working life. Working maybe rabbiting, racing,lure coursing or general mooching about.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST PICTURES OF YOUR DOGS CATCHES AS LONG AS IT'S LEGAL QUARRY. IT'S THE COURSING FORUM AND IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT THEY DON'T HAVE TO LOOK.

Lets show everyone how well we keep and train our working whippets.

Well im out every day, with my 8 month old bitch, she is dead keen, chased a few bunnies, but copped nowt yet, so i think its about time i knocked on a few farm doors, cos i trespass a lot, im sure the farmers can see me, but they dont bother me, but in the last couple of weeks ive come across badger setts, so tomorrow ive promissed myself to pay the farmers a visit for bunny permission, im taking to many chances.

Here's gypsy with her catch :wub: :wub:

untitled_xxx.jpg

another two

temp4__2_.jpg temp3__3_.jpg

Dont know why but I,m having difficulty getting good pis of her she doesnt seem to stand out very well, it may be because shes black

Lakey said:
another two
Dont know why but I,m having difficulty getting good pis of her she doesnt seem to stand out very well, it may be because shes black

thats right i agree...in my gallery there are loads of pics of my other dog but none of gypsy because shes black they always look rubbish! :wacko:

tilly yesterday marking a rabbit in a bramble patch

til_13net.jpg

Nice pics Mally but does Tilly often change colour LOL :thumbsup:

This is Blitz our Whippet pup, she is 13 weeks old. Hopefully she should turn out to be a fantastic worker, i am very grateful for all the advise i am being given by Mally to make sure she reaches her full potential.

Resized_CIMG0355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mally said:
Mark Roberts said:
Nice pics Mally but does Tilly often change colour LOL  :thumbsup:
pics were taken in diffrent light conditions, she's still blue i think :lol:

how have you got her so bloody tall...she is so big compared to gypsy....was gypsy the squirt out of the litter :p ...or maybe your camera changes size as well as the colour of tilly! :- "

no seriously...tilly is looking lovely :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back