The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Race Its Happened

markbrick

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
RIGHT IT HAPPENED AS I DONT MIND RACING 7/8 TH, GH XWH MY 21 INCH COLLIE X RACED MIKES 24 INCH GR WH WITH NO EXCUSES ON BOTH SIDES FIRST 125 METRES NECK AND NECK NO DIFFERANCE THEN MIKES DOG PULLED AWAY TO WIN BY 4 ARE 5 AT THE MOST LENGHS AT THE 250 METRE LINE, ALSO BOTH MINE BEAT ALL NON PED AND PED WHIPPETS THEY RACED ON THE DAY WHICH WERE ALL BIGGER THEN MY MERLE, BY 5 TO 10 LENGHS OVER 250 METRE SEE IAM NO SO LOOSER AND JUST PROVED A POINT BY RACING A RACING DOG, BUTTHE 50 ARE 100YARD DASH WOULD OF BEEN INTERESTING AS LONG JUMP AND HURDLES AND SIM BUT WE WILL SAVE THEM FOR ANOTHER DAY CONGRATULAION MIKE

Mark you have my respect as a sportsman/dogman.

Congratulations to you both on making the race happen, hope everyone else who's critised comes out and offers their congratulations to all concerned.

Did you run them at the West Cornwall track? it's a stiff uphill 185yds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
Mark you have my respect as a sportsman/dogman.
Congratulations to you both on making the race happen, hope everyone else who's critised comes out and offers their congratulations to all concerned.

Did you run them at the West Cornwall track? it's a stiff uphill 185yds.

THANKS MARK TODAY JUST PROVED IAM NOT AGAINST RACING THESE NON PEDIGREE DOGS THANKS TO SPRINGFIELD FOR GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO RACE MY LITTLE COLIIE X AGINST HIS AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO I RACED I CAME HOME HAPPY WITH ONLY 1 LOSS TO MIKE BUT IT WAS EXCPECTED OVER THAT DISTANCE HES GOT 2 GOOD DOGS THERE, AT LEAST I BEAT THE WHIPPETS AND DIANES WHIPPET GREYHOUNDS AND MINE AND MIKES ARE BOTH IN DIFFERANT SIZE GROUPS SO THEY SHOULDNT MEET AGAIN ONLY FOR A BIT OF FUN

At the end opf the day theres always something faster it's life.

but as long as you all had a good day out the dogs all finished fit & well theres nothing more you can ask for.

another day another track the result may of been differant "who knows"

but good on you for getting the race on hopfully this will now put an end to a lot of the sniping.

Well done all concerned :thumbsup:

Congratulations Mark :thumbsup: OK you didn't win,but you were more than happy to have a go.Full respect to you :D Karen

Well done Mark for putting on a race between your dog and Ash, I would just like to point out that Ash is a first cross whippet greyhound, and the race was over 175 yards and the winning distance, by an independant judge, was 7 lengths. Enjoyed the afternoon, hope the rest of the season is just as enjoyable. Cheers Mike :cheers:

(mark) 4-5 lengths at 250 yds.... :wacko: or (mike) 7 lengths at 175.... :wacko: whos telling the lil cornish porkies here ? ?

IM DEMANDING A RE-RUN !!!!

only joking lads ...well done hope everyone had a good day.

j :thumbsup: hn

Anybody in the vicinity of the race venue got a long tape measure :wacko: .No matter how long first over the line wins :D Karen

rodders said:
Anybody in the vicinity of the race venue got a long tape measure :wacko: .No matter how long first over the line wins :D Karen

hahah yup one that goes from 175yds all the way up to 250yds !!

j :p hn

mike palmer said:
Well done Mark for putting on a race between your dog and Ash, I would just like to point out that Ash is a first cross whippet greyhound, and the race was over 175 yards and the winning distance, by an independant judge, was 7 lengths. Enjoyed the afternoon, hope the rest of the season is just as enjoyable. Cheers Mike  :cheers:
GOOD JOB IT WAS ONLY A FIRST CROSS HE WAS RUNNING AGAINST

IF IT HAD BEEN ONE OF THE 1/8 WHIPPET 7/8 GREYHOUNDS HES ALWAYS

MOANING ABOUT THE WINNING DISTANCE COULD HAVE BE MORE

WELL DONE MIKE

MARK WELL DONE FOR CONTESTING BUT JUST GET ON WITH LIFE

AND ONE DAY YOU MIGHT HAVE ONE OF THESE TYPES

THEN PEOPLE CAN TALK ABOUT YOU AS HAVING A GOOD RACING DOG

Well done Mark for havin a go and well done mike for givin him the chance to proove hie wee hairy Whippetxgreyhound,collie.Just one ? mike.Over same distance,how many lengths would Ellie have beaten ASH.Come on mike,truth be told.Am not trying to stirr anything here lads,would just like to know.And Mike,if you dont want to post this,then just PM me ...Billy...

storm1 said:
mike palmer said:
Well done Mark for putting on a race between your dog and Ash, I would just like to point out that Ash is a first cross whippet greyhound, and the race was over 175 yards and the winning distance, by an independant judge, was 7 lengths. Enjoyed the afternoon, hope the rest of the season is just as enjoyable. Cheers Mike  :cheers:
GOOD JOB IT WAS ONLY A FIRST CROSS HE WAS RUNNING AGAINST

IF IT HAD BEEN ONE OF THE 1/8 WHIPPET 7/8 GREYHOUNDS HES ALWAYS

MOANING ABOUT THE WINNING DISTANCE COULD HAVE BE MORE

WELL DONE MIKE

MARK WELL DONE FOR CONTESTING BUT JUST GET ON WITH LIFE

AND ONE DAY YOU MIGHT HAVE ONE OF THESE TYPES

THEN PEOPLE CAN TALK ABOUT YOU AS HAVING A GOOD RACING DOG

Mark with a whippet/greyhound Chris never. :- "

billyboy45 said:
Well done Mark for havin a go and well done mike for givin him the chance to proove hie wee hairy Whippetxgreyhound,collie.Just one ? mike.Over same distance,how many lengths would Ellie have beaten ASH.Come on mike,truth be told.Am not trying to stirr anything here lads,would just like to know.And Mike,if you dont want to post this,then just PM me  ...Billy...
I did race Ellie against Ash at the race meeting today as well, over 175 yards (which all the races were run at today) Ellie beat Ash by 4 lengths. Just to be clear, she is not 7/8ths greyhound either. Mike :thumbsup:

2 strong dogs you got there Mike was a pleasure to see them come up the track. :cheers:

billyboy45 said:
Well done Mark for havin a go and well done mike for givin him the chance to proove hie wee hairy Whippetxgreyhound,collie.Just one ? mike.Over same distance,how many lengths would Ellie have beaten ASH.Come on mike,truth be told.Am not trying to stirr anything here lads,would just like to know.And Mike,if you dont want to post this,then just PM me  ...Billy...
BILLY ASH AND ELLIE DID RACE AND THERE WAS NO DIFFERANCE IN THEM AT ALL, ALL THE WAY UP THE TRACK BUT MIKE YOU FORGOT TO SAY YOUR INDEPENDANT JUDGE WAS YOUR MATE WHO CAME WITH YOU BARNEY BOY, LES PARISH HOW THE FECK CAN HE BE INDEPENDANT YOUR HIS HERO LOL I WAS IN THE MIDDLE SAW THE RESULT THERE AND YOU WAS ON THE LINE AND YOU SAE THE RESULT THERE NEITHER HAVE ANY REASON TO LIE YOU GOT THE ROSSETTE TODAY THANKS AGAIN MARK

Mark why spoil things by getting arsy over the result, this time you got beat as I said another day another track the result might have been a differant.

Time to move on now lads. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
mike palmer said:
billyboy45 said:
Well done Mark for havin a go and well done mike for givin him the chance to proove hie wee hairy Whippetxgreyhound,collie.Just one ? mike.Over same distance,how many lengths would Ellie have beaten ASH.Come on mike,truth be told.Am not trying to stirr anything here lads,would just like to know.And Mike,if you dont want to post this,then just PM me   ...Billy...
I did race Ellie against Ash at the race meeting today as well, over 175 yards (which all the races were run at today) Ellie beat Ash by 4 lengths. Just to be clear, she is not 7/8ths greyhound either. Mike :thumbsup:

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY THE DISTANCE OF TODAYS RUN AS I WAS TOLD BY THE INDEPENDANT JUDGE LES PARISH THAT UPTO 130 YARDS THEY WERE NECK AND NECK MY21INCH AGAINST MIKE24 INCH THEN MIKES PULLED AWAY CAN SPRINGFIELD CONFIRM LENGH OF TRACK AND TO THE 7/8TH WHO CARES???? I BELEAVE TORI IS THE SISTER OF ELLIE FROM PEOPLE TALKING TODAY MAYBE ROSE CAN SAY WHAT PERCENTAGE SHE IS????ASH LOST TO ELLIE BY 4 LENGHS MY DOG WON ASH AND IF CAUSE THEM DISANCES ARE EXAGERATED IT WAS MAX5 LENGHS MINE TO ASH ASH WON 1 MAX ASH TO ELLIE ELLI WON YOU GOT TWO GOOD DOGS THERE MIKE

The West Cornwall track length is 185yds Max.

I believe they were running 175yds yesterday.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back