The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

RACING NAMES

sherry

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:p Where does everyone get their dogs racing names from? My dogs Mickey Whizz is because he is out of Mickey Mouse xWhizziwig. Whizziwig was a kids t.v. programme. Hot Spice (sadly I liked the spice girls at the time) Marleys Magic was Peters surname Marley and the Magic just sounded good. Lastly Whisper Whizz because he goes back 2 Whisper Wishes and I just like the Whizz bit. What about everyone elses? :thumbsup:

:)

sherry could you let me know tiger lils breeding wat ghd she out of

thanx debbie

Kipper was from the childrens programme about the dog- KIPPER, he's the only one of ours that doesn't have a different racing name.

Fluke was also from a film that the kids enjoyed-the film is on this afternoon funny enough on Channel 5

Coral , Time and Tide and Waterford followed on the 'water/sea' theme

Their mother was Crystal Bay.

Steve also collects Waterford crystal-hence Violet Roses's name.

Karen

:p Hi Debbie dont know if u have any back copies of whippet news mags. If u do Tiger Lils full breeding is in the Nov 1997 issue on page 22. If u cant get a copy of this her dam was a greyhound called Bomoor Lisa she ran a1/s1 grade and has derby winners on both sides of her pedigree. The sire was of course Crazy Cracker. Incidently I was the 1 that picked her racing name. ;) Tiger Lil because she looks like a tiger her brindle markings.

Hi Sherry, our bitch is called after her dad "Floyds Girl" & our dog is called "Kadu Flyer" after a Hawkwind song, as my husband is a big fan :flowers: that smilie was nearest i could get to a hippy

i normally just pick names because i like them/sound cute :b

sam chose solo's racing name which is red ranger....which is of course off power rangers.

I usually make a list of names before the pup is born, :D then when i see the pup and learn of it's character i choose a name :wub: i love puppies.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i need a name for dog puppy- master blaster x lightning any suggestions

debbie :cheers:

debbie why don't you do a poll on the sort of names you have an idea of & we'll all vote for ya !!

yeah a bit like ib blue peter when the get a new pet in you can write or email them with your surgestions ...okay okay i watch kids programs :b

ha ha and why not, thats where we get all our good ideas from lol :clown:

IS IT A PET NAME OR RACING NAME YOU WANT DEBBIE

Racing name Dee, debbie is going to put a poll on when she can think up enough names lol :p

:oops: i thought she meant pet names, if its racing names we might be waiting a while ey :D

WELL I THINK SHE SHOULD CALL HIM BLAST FOR A PET NAMED AND BLASTERED FOR A RACING NAME

nahhhhhhhh, debs is looking in gryhound data base lol :cheers:

WE JUST PICK SOME THING THAT COMES TO MIND ...WE DID HAVE A BITCH YEARS AGO CALLED BAILEYS COMET

AMAZING GRACE CAUSE SHES CALLED GRACE

LISA WAS ALREADY NAMED ..I HAVENT ASKED PAULINE WHY BUT THINK ITS CAUSE SHE LOOKS LIKE A GOBLIN

PAIGE WE ARE GOING TO TRY FOR STOP IT CAUSE SHES OUT OF FULL STOP , AND WE ARE ALWAYS TELLING HER TO STOP IT, AS SHES ALWAYS DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

:D :D i always said my next dog would be called HERE its the only thing they all answer to.Normally cause they think food is involved. :clown: :clown: :clown:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back