The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rch/nch A Kinda Pleasure X Nbch/rvch Moany Moany

Blaze looks like she is in no hurry :D now why does that sound familiar :- "

defenitly think that maisy wont be beaten on the labour front if she dont burst and have them tonight ill die of shock i think ... good luck with blazes labour :luck:

I was wondering how Maisy was doing. Best wishes to both expectant Mums! :huggles:

Still waiting, but she's softened up on the back end now - maybe tonight ? :blink:

Lol Cistinna I must have Wendy's number on speed dial waiting until I can phone and scream, "WE'RE HAVING PUPPIES !!!"

I hope it isn't 3am - don't think she'd appreciate it :teehee: .

Started with the discharge again today, heavier than last time :thumbsup:

Had barely any sleep last night she spent her whole night waking us up panting before finally settling down to sleep at about 3am.

She's now fast asleep in her box whilst poor me and Rob have to be up and about with things to do :( .

COME ON BLAZE !!!

7th Sept Dee :thumbsup:

Puppies still moving a kicking up to last night though and her temperature hasn't risen at all (it's been on the right temp. for whelp since the 6th). Discharge is a healthy colour.

If nothing's happened by this afternoon we're taking a trip to the vet when Mum gets back from work, though the vets do not seem unduly worried as Blaze has still been eating and playing and her temperature is not high.

This reminds me of Full Stop she never went into natural labour, the vet can give an injection to help her along ...maybe have a talk about it with them

Hope you have babies soon :luck:

this i found a great help with my own litters

day 58 after the first breeding, you'll want to start taking your bitch's temperature three times a day. A bitch's temperature will drop from around 101.4 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit or below a few hours before she is ready to whelp. A fluctuation in temperature is very normal, what you are looking for is a dramatic drop to below 99F. The temperature drop is the best indicator of imminent whelping. Other signs of imminent whelping are restlessness, discomfort, licking and looking at vulva. The bitch may refuse food prior to whelping as well. She will probably pant heavily

A bitch's temperature will drop from around 101.4 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit
Full stops temp did drop i think for 3 days ...so in the end a c -section was done ...all puppies healthy , but some signs of infection starting (green what ever)

Blaze's temp has been down since 6th Sept :(

She's been out for a walk then just troughed a big bowl of feed so her appetite isn't off. Pups not moved today though so might be later on, and like I say, trip to the vets :sweating:

Bloody Animal :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope everything goes ok Fleesh :D a trip to the vets did Sky the world of good!

Don't think her temp has dropped enough to hint at labour where you've recorded it Elise but as it's 5 days since anticipated due date, it's reaching the cusp of a reasonable conception period, ifyswim? Don't blame you for getting her checked out but I recon she'll be fine. :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back