The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rumours

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Moan MOAN MOAN MOAN ,ARE WE GOING TO START MOANING ABOUT THE DISTANCE FOR BIG ONES WHEN THE STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS COME AROUND, THATS LESS THAN 220 M ,GET MY DRIFT! :rant:

IMO, CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT ISNT ASKERN A GREYHOUND STADIUM SO WOULD SUIT BIGGER DOGS BETTER :- " DEB

Maybe i'm being naive, but why is it impossible to have all races ran for 4pm at Hall Green?

IMO there's too much pissing about and time wasting goes on, it's about time we were stuck with a deadline to have racing finished, there's hardly any handicap to workout coz it's only 2lb weight splits & no consolation to worry about.

i wasn,t bringing either track down, i,m sure they are both top class....it was just the rumour about having to be out by 4p.m at hall green. may be doreen would be able to clarify this one way or the other,.

i would travel to either venue as people know i am not bothered about distance as i have been known to go to fordingbridge, thurrock ect...just for day events

Last edited by a moderator:
i think tony warren hit the nail on the head well said mate :thumbsup:

RealMadYid said:
my point was Hall Green is a championship venue, and maybe Askern is not, but would still be most suitable for other events...that is all...
and, as to travelling it always makes me laugh when i'm told it's only 3 hours to venue from the south, cos that bit is true, is getting home to the south on a sunday night which is the pain. twice last year it took 5 hours to get home from asfordby, due to weight of traffic...

once again i have not criticised askern...

regards

Paul

I read this thread at lunchtime today at work

I never read your comments as a criticism of Askern Paul-like you said i think your point as been missed which happens so VERY often on here

Can't comment on Hall Green-don't know it- but I think Askern has all we need as whippet racers for a championship event-

good running surface- toilets-refreshments etc. and probably quite importantly a management that allows us to use their stadium-which goes a long way eh?

Karen

I am sure the champs will be over and done before 4 pm, as long as the programs are done quick....since john meads kindly offered to do the feds programs it has cut the time between end of weighing in, to the start of racing by over half

As for tracks we should be grateful of any venue we get offered

think things have snowballed,only concern(rumour) was the 4 pm finish?? seems there is always a stumbling block put in front of the top table,thankless job. :(

I believe Hall Green has been booked from 9am until 4pm not had confirmation of it yet (though the reps should have been informed as it was them that asked the top table to try and get the deadline extended failing that Askern was to be booked)

Anyhow if the scales come down at 11am on the dot (so dont hang about to the end get, your dogs weighed in asap and give the organisers a chance,) an hour is ample time to get the programmes out, failing that they could start off the bitch section whilst the dogs are being drawn , it will also require racers to be ready and at the paddock the race prior. if we all just make the effort it can be done

this a a new season so lets lighten up and enjoy 2006 :luck:

Well said Vicky. Has anybody noticed that most of the "moaning" has come from members up North :oops:

As has been stated the BWRA Secretary has gone out of her way to get a decent venue for the Bend Championships at a modest fee of £150.00. As there are a limited amount of venues members should be grateful for what they can get. Yes, I know Askern has been upgraded and maybe available but why don't you just accept that this year the BWRA has made their decision.

Afterall you can't please everybody - no matter where it is held somebody is going to be unhappy.

this topic was started by a member who was told you had to vacate hall green by 4 whats the big deal :( this wasn't started as a moan just a query as for members up north how far do you call north or does Scotland not exist in the racing world :( Birmingham is hardly fair on Scottish members this is fact not a moan fair play to bwra for getting a good venue the moan started as a comment from a southern :- " member :- " about askern good luck to all who attend . :thumbsup:this is getting boring now

WHAT ARE WE DOING AT HALL GREEN THEN RUNNING STRAIT THROUGH THEN WITH NO REST TIME FOR THE DOGS. RUSH..RUSH..RUSH..RUSH..

yes gary your right it was only a question i heard the rumour no mention of ever changing tracks had come to mind. out of the last 10 bend championships ive never known one finish before 5 oclock never mind 4 and as for it being in birmingham it makes no difference if it was in timbukto i would still go because the travelling is no problem

weathergirls said:
Anyhow if the scales come down at 11am  on the dot (so dont hang about to the end get, your dogs weighed in asap and give the organisers a chance,)  an hour is ample time to get the programmes out, failing that they could start off the bitch section whilst the dogs are being drawn , it will also require racers to be ready and at the paddock the race prior. if we all just make the effort it can be done
I agree :D

All this about the time ---Why cant No limit dogs be pre entered and a starter programe made with heats on this could be handed out as we pay to enter the stadium ----also as soon as the 40lb and 36lb are weighed in they could be sorted leaving the bulk to be done whilst racing commences--- that way all heavyweight runs would be over and the finals run whilst little dogs have a rest before their finals???? it does not need all the committee to make the draw infact it could have non- com ---members who dont have big dogs to run help -- if numbers were drawn 1-5 for each class there would be no need to sort any out it would sort itself.--as for seeding common sense could play a large part--!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

well said Steve :thumbsup: im not bothered about the traveling rick but all i meant was i would if i lived in Scotland :(

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :- " :luck:

Pre-entry was voted on at the reps. meeting Steve and kicked into touch (but I can see were your coming from regarding scratch dogs) it's an excellent idea.

Last year Doreen and Linda Windle managed to get Stainforth for £200 but members weren't satisfied they wanted the bar open and a video of the racing which had to be paid for, this obviously put the cost of the track up, that wasn't good enough some members then moaned about the cost to get in to cover the extra expense (their is just no pleasing some racers).

This year Doreen worked hard contacting all the top tracks on your behalf and was delighted when Hall Green agreed to stage the Championships she could not wait to let racers know the good news and now she has to listern to all this flack. Just let the Committee worry about the time element and make sure you play your part by getting to the traps on time and not taking too long to find your trap floors (think of those who are working on your behalf).

This could be a great Championship so just think positively and not negatively all the time.

Good luck on the day.

Sheila Webb

P.S. Also it must be the fairest way being that none of the dogs entering will have run on the track before.

:thumbsup: Well put Sheila, why can't race meeting be like last sunday a crowd of true sports men & women :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back