The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rumours

you want to save time 1 though only when you beat you

beat ANTH

piglet said:
lets just look forward to having a good championships where ever its at. instead of this. its just never perfect is it.
That's it fella, that's why I thought people were angling to use Askern...Hall Green will be excellent, and as long as if everybody is ready at the traps everything will be OK...and the best dogs will win, whoever they are...good luck to all...and I hope to have a dog to race...if not I'll be there anyhow...

Regards,

Paul

This is what p**ses me off (rumors) would be interesting to know who sets these off..

As i was aware or lead to believe the time limit was discussed at the reps meeting and Doreen was to get in touch with the stadium i could be wrong , which i am sure she will have done if what i heard was right, and if she or the top table was concerned about Hall Green then i am sure she (they) would have let members know. there is nothing been said by them and as the topic it titled these are only rumors after all...

even if is finished at 4pm is right for the top dogs to have 4 or 5 runs in less than 4 hours . look at midnight run against lacy venture at easington bob cantered over the line in second place 20 yds down on his first run time. this is not racing. how about thinking of the dogs welfare :angry:

DENISE BAILEY said:
This is what p**ses me off (rumors) would be interesting to know who sets these off..As i was aware or lead to believe the time limit was discussed at the reps meeting and Doreen was to get in touch with the stadium i could be wrong , which i am sure she will have done if what i heard was right, and if she or the top table was concerned about Hall Green then i am sure she (they) would have let members know. there is nothing been said by them and as the topic it titled these are only rumors after all...

Your right Dee, it was discussed and Doreen was going to ring the stadium and sort it, so whats the fuss about.

DavidH said:
even if is finished at 4pm is right for the top dogs to have 4 or 5 runs in less than 4 hours . look at midnight run against lacy venture at easington bob cantered over the line in second place  20 yds down on his first run time. this is not racing. how about thinking of the dogs welfare :angry:

STOP BANGIN ON WILL YER !!!!!!!! YER LIKE A BROKEN RECORD PLAYER EVERY DOGS IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!

if they choose to run it there well so it be if u think they are runnin to soon after each race its simple (DONT RUN YER DOG) :rant: :rant:

ANDY

well said pidge :thumbsup: spot on evry one moans but at the end of the day there dogs still run.

even if championships wud b on tarmac everyone wud moan but there wud still be 150 dogs :oops:

piglet said:
well said pidge  :thumbsup:   spot on evry one moans but at the end of the day there dogs still run.
even if championships wud b on tarmac everyone wud moan but there wud still be 150 dogs :oops:

Tarmac my arse :wacko:

Whippets are like greyhounds some have "staying power" others not. To make sure your whippet has got plenty of stamina the key secret is DON'T KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF IT. IMO whippets have a "top and bottom" weight, therefore,if you start your dog off at the "correct" weight by the time it has its final race it will be at its minimum weight.

We have found that our whippets used to lose around 2lbs after they have had say 2 or 3 races. So that is why it is important to start the dog off at its correct weight. In our sport there are far too many whippets who race "under weight". You may get away with it on the straights but certainly not on the bends.

All the best to those who do compete. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
SCILLONIAN said:
Whippets are like greyhounds some have "staying power" others not.  To make sure your whippet has got plenty of stamina the key secret is DON'T KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF IT.  IMO whippets have a "top and bottom" weight, therefore,if you start your dog off at the "correct" weight by the time it has its final race it will be at its minimum weight. 
We have found that our whippets used to lose around 2lbs after they have had say 2 or 3 races.  So that is why it is important to start the dog off at its correct weight.  In our sport there are far too many whippets who race "under weight".  You may get away with it on the straights but certainly not on the bends. 

All the best to those who do compete.  :thumbsup:

this is so true, you see pups at 6 months old with no fat on them at all, and stay the same weight from then on, you can't race the bends or straight have 3 /4 run's and expect your dog to win when it should have 2lb / 3lb on its back, bend racing is hard regardless of the track you race on, we should all make sure that dogs running are at there best and right weight, instead of worrying about what track we race at ( its nice to have a choice for once ) good luck to all worker and racer

piglet said:
well said pidge  :thumbsup:   spot on evry one moans but at the end of the day there dogs still run.

you have a point, i would not run :p dont run my dog at some bend tracks,they dont suit the way he runs. :cheers:

:thumbsup: GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO RUN AT THE BEND CHAMPS AT HALL GREEN :luck:

We dont have a bend dog, but hope to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have been to hall green many times with greyhounds for open racing,its a great track with a top class stadium and a hotel nextdoor over looking the track-you will all have a great time-so start looking forward to a good day out. :cheers:

looks great no offence but itd different class to askern, glad i voted hall green now got nothing against askern tho.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back