The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad News

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Incubators are helpful especially after feeds when they can chill. You can make a make shift one - small plastic fish tank, heat pad inside, your can get those suctioned thermometers for monitoring the temp and spraying the sides with warm water keeps the humidity levels up. In my own experiences, the time when the chills can come on is right after they've fed. Feet and extremities feel colder because blood is diverting to the stomach to help digestion. Keep them extra warm and rotate them round physically just like the bitch would when she's cleaning them. It stops the supplement stagnating in the gut and together with the warmth prevents opportunistic bacterial infections setting in.

Not tried nutri-drops - I used glucose gel in extremely small amounts but I suspect both work on the same pricipal of giving them extra energy to keep going.

Can't harp on enough about weighing pups. top of my list in the whelping kit is some little digital cooking scales.

If this is a teaching you to suck eggs things - I apologise in advance.

Paul Evans - vet in Oldham usually gives us some pro-biotic for pups which is supposed to be helpful in establishing bacteria in the gut. I think some have suggested contacting vet for a foster mum so it might be worth a mention if you do.
sound advice there me dear :thumbsup:

it was 8 years ago now but i think the nutri drops had not just glucose but were also full of vital vitamins and minerals to,

we have a foster mommy now, she doesnt have any milk but she is certainly loving them and giving them all the washing they need and then some!!

new post will have updated pics on. :)

we have a foster mommy now, she doesnt have any milk but she is certainly loving them and giving them all the washing they need and then some!!
new post will have updated pics on. :)
That is great news. I keep reading every day hoping there's good news and that the little ones are holding their own. :wub: Continued best wishes to you all.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back