The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad News

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i just wanted to say thank you so much for all the PM's offering support, advice and reassurance.

I'm sorry if i havent responded to any of you, it is unintentional i promise, i just lose track of who i have responded to. :wacko:

Dear Sara and Bob I just wish that I lived nearer to you as I am not working at the moment and would have been able to have been there any time you needed me but hey I am only three and a half hours away so if you need any help at all just pm me and I would be straight down to help you both with those very special babies good :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: with them and Sara and Bob I know it sounds stupid but try and get some sleep; LOTS OF LOVE THE BLUE GANG

Please dont bring politics into such a devistating situation such as this. :(

There is no politics brought into this, after talking with sarah yesterday morning on the phone she was sadden to see certain members of her racing club reading this thread and they couldnt even leave a post with just the word (sorry) which we both found upsetting as its nothing much to ask, so i said i had seen some read it too and wanted to say something and sarah said i should write something in which i did. i wouldnt have put anything to have upset sarah and bob any futher than what they already was

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry :luck:
the foster mum didnt work out im afraid and we are continuing to bottle feed every two hours. If everyone can please ask around to see if a bitch can be found to help these very precious puppies.

You will always be remembered by me, I was blessed to have had you for this short time.

I would never swap all the pain and heartache for having never known you. You were and will always be 'my lovely girl'
I have posted this onto greyhound data as thye sometime have foster bitches availableon there. :luck:

I am so glad that the puppies are thriving.

Have all local vets been asked if any of their clients have bitches who may be lactating? The breed does not matter after all.

I am sure that any pet owner whose bitch has whelped lately would be happy to help out. Especially if it is a small litter.

Lovely to see Buffy lending a hand. She must be missing Lola too

Best wishes to all

if any of the silly rubish is aimed at me sarah is fully aware of our own sad situation.
i didnt know how true this is but, i had heard your bitch lost her puppies this week mark and paula...so sad to hear that.

the bitch must be stressed with no babies :( ....would she not be a possible foster mum for these babies?

Last edited:
Wishing you continued luck with the babies. Hope a foster mum is found soon. :luck:

Glad to hear all the babies are still doing well :huggles: I do hope a foster mum is found soon :luck: :luck: :luck: You must be overwhelmed with tiredness and emotion :huggles:

if any of the silly rubish is aimed at me sarah is fully aware of our own sad situation.
i didnt know how true this is but, i had heard your bitch lost her puppies this week mark and paula...so sad to hear that.

the bitch must be stressed with no babies :( ....would she not be a possible foster mum for these babies?
i know Marks girl lost her pups before they were due and can't feed Lola's pups

also a bitch that has lost an entire litter will be in a very anxious state and unlikey to accept any pups at all,

the ideal would be a relaxed bitch with only a couple of healthy pups already suckling and boobs to spare, that would make sneaking a few in easier

it's a terrible situation all round, and i'm sure everyone really feels for Sarah and Bob, and Mark and Paula to

i'm emailing people i know and asking people on the committee's i'm a member of if they can try and find a girl with room at the milk bar

also a bitch that has lost an entire litter will be in a very anxious state and unlikey to accept any pups at all,

the ideal would be a relaxed bitch with only a couple of healthy pups already suckling and boobs to spare, that would make sneaking a few in easier

it's a terrible situation all round, and i'm sure everyone really feels for Sarah and Bob, and Mark and Paula to

i'm emailing people i know and asking people on the committee's i'm a member of if they can try and find a girl with room at the milk bar
:thumbsup:

as ive already said to Sarah i think its going to be very difficult to find a foster mum who will take these puppies on away from her own home, maybe its time to consider letting the puppies stay with the owner of a bitch who will foster them :luck:

:thumbsup:

as ive already said to Sarah i think its going to be very difficult to find a foster mum who will take these puppies on away from her own home, maybe its time to consider letting the puppies stay with the owner of a bitch who will foster them :luck:

We are looking at all options Julie. x

Thanks Becka, (I could of done with the sloe gin at weekend hope rods not sampled it all :sweating: )

As I told Sarah on the phone had kerry just straight forwardly lost her pups she could of willingly taken Kerry and tried her as a foster BUT as Kerry aborted her litter a week early due to a serious infection she is now on strong anti biotics and physicly not up to nursing a litter anyway as it was only the care from a good vet that saved kerry's life due to the infection we nearly lost her as well as the pups.

we did keep looking in at sarahs thread to check how things were going but as i said to sarah she had my number if she needed anything and the last thing they need is pestering, and to be brutality hounest we had our own worries which for us took presidence.

Thanks to those who have pm'd me with well wish's it's appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear of your devastating news. Have you thought of asking local radio stations/tv to broadcast asking if there are any potential foster mums available? I'm in Essex and we have a 6 pm tv show, London Tonight, and they have broadcast similar requests in the past. Not sure if the Kennel Club would have any information on something like that? I wish I was closer because I'd be more than happy to help with a few night shifts but all I can do is send you loads of luck with the puppies and that in time you will be able to remember, with a smile, all the happy times you had with a very special girl.

There is no politics brought into this, after talking with sarah yesterday morning on the phone she was sadden to see certain members of her racing club reading this thread and they couldnt even leave a post with just the word (sorry) which we both found upsetting as its nothing much to ask, so i said i had seen some read it too and wanted to say something and sarah said i should write something in which i did. i wouldnt have put anything to have upset sarah and bob any futher than what they already

I wasnt going to post a reply about this, but to prevent this thread from turning into anything other than a tribute to my lovely girl Lola and a way to try find help for her babies I felt the need to.

I spoke to mark yesterday and we both discussed our situations. As i've previously said condolenses were passed on through a friend of mine after the race meet on sunday. As you will all understand Sunday was a blur and the only part of it i can remember is hearing my girls last breaths and the vet telling me she had 'gone', something that will haunt me forever.... :'(

Can we please leave this now..... :( its not helping anyone and is just causing more upset to an already terrible situation. We al can do without falling out and as has previously been shown throughout the thread, we need to be pulling together. Please please please can everyone please refrain from posting anything other than well wishes, tributes to Lola and offers of help.

No more now as it is just causing more pain.

Having hand reared mo's litter last year I can say it's only the 1st 3 weeks that are hard :wacko:

If i was living alot nearer,i would also help out feeding the pups(i work early mornings) I hope you find a foster Mum very soon Julie :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: .Lots of hugs to you :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Incubators are helpful especially after feeds when they can chill. You can make a make shift one - small plastic fish tank, heat pad inside, your can get those suctioned thermometers for monitoring the temp and spraying the sides with warm water keeps the humidity levels up.

In my own experiences, the time when the chills can come on is right after they've fed. Feet and extremities feel colder because blood is diverting to the stomach to help digestion. Keep them extra warm and rotate them round physically just like the bitch would when she's cleaning them. It stops the supplement stagnating in the gut and together with the warmth prevents opportunistic bacterial infections setting in.

Not tried nutri-drops - I used glucose gel in extremely small amounts but I suspect both work on the same pricipal of giving them extra energy to keep going.

Can't harp on enough about weighing pups. top of my list in the whelping kit is some little digital cooking scales.

If this is a teaching you to suck eggs things - I apologise in advance.

Paul Evans - vet in Oldham usually gives us some pro-biotic for pups which is supposed to be helpful in establishing bacteria in the gut. I think some have suggested contacting vet for a foster mum so it might be worth a mention if you do.

So sorry to hear this, what an awful thing to happen my heart goes out to you, I did not know Lola but am very saddened to hear this news

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back