The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
another cracking event for VICKY & MARK !!

well done from your bestest mate in Belfast :thumbsup:

well done vicky&mark,and cara :thumbsup:

Well we got in about midnight last nite, didnt stay for consolation racing or to put zac in 40lb final as he split his toe rite open and was walking around on 3 legs, but he ran absoleutly brilliant for us in the 40lbs, well done too all the winners both the scottish champs and derby, we had a brilliant time up in scotland as usual, thanks too all the scottish crew and to karen and scott in pub, meals were lovely and entertainment great and they made us feel very welcome, thanku scott for the glass of ice for zacs toe, and vicky and mick for great company, hopefully see u all next year Sue

hope zacs ok sue,long way for you and tony,yes it was a gr8 10 days pub entertainment was excelent,as was the raceing,it was really well ran it takes alot of hard work to run an event of that size so take a pat on the back from all of us, we had a fantasic stay as we won with our little sky,had gr8 company,and come 2nd in the pool handicap.and watched me other pups run,from scotland and ireland,well done all the winners and loosers :thumbsup:

What a weekend!! Absolutely brilliant! :cheers:

Huge Congratulations to Vicky & Mark and of course MO CHARA! I'm loosing count on how many races this feisty and consistent dog has won now. Well done to Vicky & Mark as excellent trainers and John Noble for producing such a fine bitch. :thumbsup:

Kennel mate (should be duvet mates!) Beside The Point also running brilliantly well for them along with Maid Your Point and Maid U Luck. Well done!

Great to see Rose again and her lovely Mum & Dad, trekking all the way from Ireland. I think your youngster (Wor Fly) ran well for a newcomer to the non-ped racing world and I hope you come back for more, especially with the pups. :thumbsup:

Well done to Lisa and Kaiser, chuffed to bits for you and well done to Daniel and Freddys Melody. I know Daniel was a little apprehensive of racing his young dog but I think you should be proud mate, keep up the good work young man. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the organisers, yet another fine Derby where the track was in excellent condition and the format ran smoothly. :cheers:

So many dogs and owners who I was pleased for and a few who I was gutted for. Firstly One's Cushti Bok who ran a belting race, so sorry you didn't run in the final but I hope you make a speedy and full recovery Zak. :luck: Secondly, Pennysworth, whilst I wasn't there on Wednesday, I was devastated to hear that her gracallis has ended her racing career, I'm so sorry Geoff & Hazel. :huggles:

Photos should be on in next couple of days, there's plenty of them so it'll take a while and got some mundane red tape to sort out here. :wacko:

fantastic weekend, very well organised and run event. well done all the winners some great racing. Great atmosphere and weather. Massive welll done to heels double, sky bound, the magster, cavendish lasy, No angel and spot black and weardale spot. :cheers: :cheers:

another fab derby i think arthur cook deserves a huge thankyou hes worked very hard on the gate all week judging @ every open. even trialling pups on tues doing the time trial open on wed which i really enjoyed. so thanks arthur and of course everyone else who helped out it was great holiday. :cheers: well done 2 all the main finalists and mochara & well done to all the north east dogs that won, shay ( no limit) kaiser chief (40lb) nikki whizz ( cons no limit) no joe (dog pups) cant remember them all but report will be a supplement lol well done everyone :cheers:

Another great weekend of racing. It was a well organised event and we really enjoyed the weekend. Well done to all the winners - and the workers for making the weekend possible.

Can copies of the photos of the finalists in their jackets be ordered?

pedigree final

sonny 30

harris 22

braidy 20....................1st

echo 19

winner of the pedigree final was ----BRAIDY in THE WHITE JACKET

Owned by Mr Scott Connelly.

i think that was my only mistake :thumbsup:

The winner of the ped final was Braidy Boy (w00t) owner Scott Connelly.! :cheers:

little family reunion at the weekend

sugar rush left--------------hellbound on the right

pic

pic23-1.jpg

scooby said:
The winner of the ped final was Braidy Boy  (w00t) owner Scott Connelly.! :cheers:

:b :b :b i still got it wrong,,,,not very bright me,,, :blink: :teehee:

here,s pic of the ped racers making there way down to traps

pic,,,( not the greatest shot iam afraid)

IMG_2208.jpg

S. Rodgers said:
Well we got in about midnight last nite, didnt stay for consolation racing or to put zac in 40lb final as he split his toe rite open and was walking around on 3 legs, but he ran absoleutly brilliant for us in the 40lbs, well done too all the winners both the scottish champs and derby, we had a brilliant  time up in scotland as usual, thanks too all the scottish crew and to karen and scott in pub, meals were lovely and entertainment great and they made us feel very welcome, thanku scott for the glass of ice for zacs toe, and vicky and mick for great company, hopefully see u all next year Sue
I had him down as the favourite to win the 40lb Derby Final, blasted out of the traps in both his heats :thumbsup: I hope he makes a full recovery :luck:

A big well done to all the workers for making it a great Derby weekend :thumbsup: and a big thank you to Tony for doing a good job on the traps :thumbsup:

well done everyone winners workers and losers :thumbsup: great ten days in Scotland :thumbsup: especially Arthur cook for his none stop attendance and work at the derby :thumbsup: only one moan shulda had a photo finish camera on Saturday :) a must at top level events :- " there were some very tight finishes :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to everyone especially mark and vicky with mochara and beside the point :thumbsup:

Couldnt of happened to a nicer couple ( except us, and the boyds ) :lol:

Big well done to Mochara/Vicky and Mark and all other winners too!

:thumbsup: Fantastic event as always......

Thank you to all the team for their hard work! :cheers:

Can the following racers please report as to why they were missing this year....Lol

Gary G.

Linda W.

George/Lynn

Fleesh and mum

Also-who was it please that passed us on the motorway today-greyhound motif on back of caravan-they waved as we turned off for Lancaster???

Karen/Steve

Great 10 days ...well done all the organizer's and worker's

Plus great weather too

Well done all the winner's esp Vicky & Mark with Mochara

Karen-Coral said:
Big well done to Mochara/Vicky and Mark and all other winners too!
:thumbsup:   Fantastic event as always......

Thank you to all the team for their hard work! :cheers:

Can the following racers please report as to why they were missing this year....Lol

Gary G.

Linda W.

George/Lynn

Fleesh and mum

Also-who was it please that passed us on the motorway today-greyhound motif on back of caravan-they waved as we turned off for Lancaster???

Karen/Steve Lynda was nursing one of our greyhounds that's had £2000, worth of spinal surgery. Im sure she would sooner have been up there. Les.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back