The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Would just like to say thankyou to everyone involved in making the weekend such a memorable one, i said it last year but it is without doubt the best atmosphere of the year, those bagpipes get me every time :b All the gang at Kirkcaldy made the organising look so effortless right down to the presentation, no one getting frustrated or the pressure getting to them - takes some doing, you all deserve a huge pat on the back!! Fab company all weekend - Stevie had your share Mick :lol: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Loads of dogs that looked impressive at weekend but i think the one that stood out to me was Sun Prince, his early pace was phenominal even more so than normal - a pleasure to watch!!

Lastly thankyou to everyone for the words of encouragement & congratulations on our little star Mo Chara winning her second derby of the year, she did mess us about all weekend with a few close races but turned on the magic at exactly the right time - it is of course a dream come true and we are extremely proud of her :wub: :wub:

i had a handful said:
Karen-Coral said:
Big well done to Mochara/Vicky and Mark and all other winners too!
:thumbsup:   Fantastic event as always......

Thank you to all the team for their hard work! :cheers:

Can the following racers please report as to why they were missing this year....Lol

Gary G.

Linda W.

George/Lynn

Fleesh and mum

Also-who was it please that passed us on the motorway today-greyhound motif on back of caravan-they waved as we turned off for Lancaster???

Karen/Steve Lynda was nursing one of our greyhounds that's had £2000, worth of spinal surgery. Im sure she would sooner have been up there. Les.

Mum has had a severe chest infection, she's been off work for the past three weeks and the doctor told her that she was far too ill to travel all the way up to Scotland. Starting to look better now though so she can start back to work next week :thumbsup: .

Doctor put her on Steroids but it didn't make her move any faster :oops: .

Also down to one dog as Connor's Legacy ripped her stopper open like her mother did so she's been off for 2 weeks so far.

Made worse by the fact we've got no kitchen, and no cooker, if we had been on hols it wouldn't have been a problem as we'd have the trailer tent kitchen.

Still, managed to get the kitchen plastered, re-wired, painted, and the floor laid ready for the new units arriving tomorrow, kitchen fitted on 6th Aug and we're away to Fordingbridge on the 8th Aug, a well deserved rest for us :sweating:

N2S said:
Another great weekend of racing.  It was a well organised event and we really enjoyed the weekend.  Well done to all the winners - and the workers for making the weekend possible.
Can copies of the photos of the finalists in their jackets be ordered?

sent u a copy,,,, :thumbsup:

big well done to shaun and decca shay ran brill to win the no limit derby :thumbsup:

Well done to Vicky and Mark with Mochara, another impressive win to add to her every increasing list, also jaq with Avit. Shaun and Decca with shay Carole and Peter with Nikki Whizz.

Also well done to dad with moose winning her class and andy with her brother Luke also taking his class :cheers:

Jim with silver spark winning the vetrans :thumbsup:

sadieandco said:
A big well done to Geoff with Colin And an even bigger well done to Our little Meeka lots of hugs for you when you get back....I take it i'm not having her now mam??? just wish i could have been there for her first big win  :(   o well next time   (w00t)

Sorry Sadie guess i may have to keep her just a little longer now :clown: even Kim decided she liked her on Sunday but give her until Tues, Weds and she may have changed her mind again.

:wub: bless her :) thats Meeka not Kim lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Jac with Dobs !! just seen your result too ! :thumbsup: where are your pix ?

WELL DONE VICKY AND MARK WITH MOCHARA I BELIEVE SHE IS THE FIRST ONE TO DO THE DOUBLE WINNING BOTH ENGLISH AND SCOTTISH DERBY'S IN THE SAME YEAR GREAT ACHIEVMENT :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:
cons
annie hough 19...............1st

ones edison 18

rosies gem 17

rebel rouser 17................1st.....dead heat

the magster 18..............1st

doriva 18.............2nd

alva star 17

glad rags 16

shamless 19.............2nd

crackelle 17

shannon 16

crystal blue 16 ..................1st

milky white 21

branco 21 ...................1st

spiret of the stag 21

orontes 21.................2nd

achilles 23

crackin whizz 22

purple rain 22 .................2nd

gold run 21...............1st

picaninni 22

nobiddys fool 22 ..............1st

a kind paradise 21.........2nd

indica 26

mercedes gem 25 .............1st

glimmer 25

he,s the pitts 24 .................2nd

cacharel 24

g.w.n 27 .....................2nd

steels gift 26

snow white 26

cavendish lady 25 ................1st

two faced 24

madprince 26

comet 26....................2nd

boomerang 25

joseph 24

amy`s girl 24......................1st

maybe magic 31

maid your luck 29.................2nd

foxy roxy w/d

southern spark28 ..................1st

super blade 31

cindyrella 30 .........................2nd

nikes gem 28

hellish 28 .......................1st

In this heat-........

Annie Hough

Ones Edison.........didn't run-(Tony/Sue went home early)

Rosies Gem-disqualified-interferred with Annie Hough)

Rebel Rouser-put through with Annie instead of a re-run

Thanks to Kircaldy WRC, all the workers and the Top 'o' the toun for a great weekend :cheers:

well done to all the winners, especially mark and vicky with mochara for winning her second derby of the year, well done to pocket and luke winning his class, looks like another future champion :thumbsup:

we were really pleased with our maggie (the magster) for reaching the cons final and getting to walk down the track with the piper for a second year

jus a video of evryone in the pub on saturday i think :cheers:

Congratulations to Kirkcaldy Whippet Racing Club,on another great 10 days :thumbsup: Still recovering from the journey home -_- :lol: but a short Well Done :thumbsup: to all the winners and racers over the 2 weekends,the dogs did you all proud :thumbsup: :D

Id like to give a big thank you to all the workers at the weekend , they did an excellent job. Racing went without a hitch, as usual from this top notch organisation. [the Derby just seems to go from strength to strength] :thumbsup:

well done KIRKCALDY WRC for another brilliant Derby everything was spot on as allways, missed not being there for the full 10 days but really enjoyed the 3 we managed :cheers:

It was good to see an old face from the past as well this year in Davy Cooper (HEARTBREAKER) great to hear he's coming back into the sport :luck:

GOOD RACING FORMAT WELL DONE TO ALL WORKERS AND WINNERS GOOD WEEKEND AND HAGGIES WAS FIRSTCLASS&COMPANY OLD HALL GANG SEEYOUSOON. :cheers: :cheers:

:thumbsup: great 10 days really enjoyed it ( THE GYPHO GANG RULE ) lol some pic's of the gang

did,nt get pic off the newly weds, they must have been in the tent again lol :oops:

well done the committee you did a brill job and the trap man was ok to, hope your feeling better Val after your better look at the car park gravel (w00t) should have gone to hospital not worked over the 2 days :thumbsup: , like been said, some very good dogs to look out for over the next few weeks

was very pleased with my dogs Jimmy ( Cracked the spell ) going back to race in his birth place and getting runner up at champs and ran brill at the derby and Poppy ( Rch Hellsdouble getting runner up at the champs and making the Derby final

some pic's off them on the beach :thumbsup: jimmy ( Cracked the spell )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back