The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Select Just One Whippet

Ms Molly

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello listers

Now lets get a thread going and use this forum to discuss Whippets in a positive way.

I am at present doing a questionaire for an International magazine and one of the questions is;

Select just one Whippet to represent the standard, and why?

Now of course I have a few dogs in mind but thought it would be interesting to see what other breeders /judges think.

Now come on listers lets get some positive posts happening and everyone have some input, and fun.

cheers

Molly Rule-Steele

i am going to be biased and say my jan :wub:

TO ME ( and this is ONLY my HO (w00t) )

she represents the breed standard perfectly .

her conformation is lovely and her movement is to die for .

her temprament is second to none and has the real whippet elegance about her :wub:

i love the cobyco whippets and TO ME this is the line i love :wub:

there are many i admire , but if i had to pick one it would be jan :wub:

12.bmp

Attachments

• 12.bmp
    61.8 KB · Views: 328
Can it Be past Or does it have to Present Molly ?

It may be helpful to nominate an all time favorite, and, one of your own. Im not saying anyones dog is not perfect but I dont think we will have a true picture otherwise.

This is quite hard, I am going away to think :blink:

Karen said:
It may be helpful to nominate an all time favorite, and, one of your own.  Im not saying anyones dog is not perfect but I dont think we will have a true picture otherwise.
This is quite hard, I am going away to think :blink:

there are so many dogs that have done the breed proud over the years .

hillsdown fergal , great sire to many'

dutch gold and dee dee for winning crufts and many many excellent stud dogs and bitches who may not have done much in the ring but that have made the breed what it is today .

it is a very very hard question to pick just one , thats why i took the easy option and chose my own (w00t)

Hi All

I think we will have to pick our ideal....past or present. The whippet should be selected on comformation only..not what they have won or have produced.

It would be great if we also stated why....a good learning tool.

We all think we have the best I know..however to appreciate other dogs in our breed is how we all grow as breeders.

Molly

can we say whoever posts on here and chooses their 'ideal' to post a pic too? as i think it wouldnt be very useful just having a thread with lots of 'names' as we wont get a clear picture and be able to visually 'compare' everyones different 'ideals'?? :(

Or you could just list a certian number of dogs and youve got to pick out of them? Obviously that wouldnt be 100% great though as your fave dog may not be listed in that line up! :unsure:

just a thought :)

My all time fav who I also saw very reguarly in flesh when I showed my Greyhounds was Nutshell Of Nevedith .......sheer elegence and class :wub:

Well for me it has just got to be Bohem C'est La Vie. :wub: :wub:

I think she has everything that a Whippet should,length, a neck to die for,correct angulation,super movement,elegance and prescence. She really is one of my all time favs along with Chelsea Drakkar of Oxford they are both stunning examples of the breed......in my humble opinion. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
And Drake (Chelsea Drakkar of Oxford) :wub:

A well handled dog. Ch. Martinique Calico Mist. Super sound, & very well balanced. Maybe a touch bitchy in head, but a true whippet all over.

MISTY.jpg

No expert in whippet showing and I've never met this dog in the flesh but I have to say when I first seen this pik of Dessie's Frankie, I thought he was a real stunner! :wub:

post_341_1106748940.jpg

Cartman said:
A well handled dog. Ch. Martinique Calico Mist. Super sound, & very well balanced. Maybe a touch bitchy in head, but a true whippet all over.

Phewww Cartman - You talking about you or the dog.....

Hey K'9ers this is Cartman as a young whipper snapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any better side on views of the dog Cartman?

:cheers: :cheers:

05whippet said:
Well for me it has just got to be Bohem C'est La Vie.  :wub:   :wub: I think she has everything that a Whippet should,length, a neck to die for,correct angulation,super movement,elegance and prescence. She really is one of my all time favs along with Chelsea Drakkar of Oxford they are both stunning examples of the breed......in my humble opinion. :D

C'est La Vie. a truly gorgeous bitch with no exagerations. T. Stairway To Heaven a fabulous dog, again with no exageration. Also the dogs mentioned by Dusilla, a credit to our breed.

Oooooooooooo Ms Molly you've really got us thinking. Great thread I hope everyone participates.

:cheers: :cheers:

My all time favourite is Multi Ch Joli Mec du Manoir de la Grenouillere. Well angulated without being exaggerated, good topline, correct size, gorgeous colour and, if TJ's temperament is anything to go by, wonderful as well.

joli11m.jpg

I NEVER SAW HER IN THE FLESH but ch sequence of shalfleet is the one for me :wub:

been trying to find a picture of silkstone jewel in the crown , i think she is a lovely girl :thumbsup:

all the attributes of a real feminine whippet

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back