The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Select Just One Whippet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Another of My Favourties , & our Ritchie's Dam;

Multi Ch.Becscott Standard Lady of Falconcrag

standard_lady.jpg

ozzy said:
The Birkonbrae Bitches are My choice too, Beautiful  :wub:   :wub:
What a [SIZE=21pt]BIG [/SIZE]coincidence that you and Tony have the same dogs in mind. :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Claire said:
I will have to think a bit harder about this but one that springs to mind Is Ch Mithirander Panning for gold.  (Sorry No picture)

Thats another on my shortlist , along with Ch Dyanne Dondelayo :wub: :wub: also mentioned :- "

for the boys ,Dutch Gold has to be there of course :wub: Ch Hardnott Quadrile is on my shortlist too :wub: and of course I cant leave out Dee Dee can I :- "

another bitch I loved that was very lightly shown was Joy Roses bitch Thurma Just a Rose , sorry no pics

dolly said:
o:) Mine would have to be Dolly :)   Ch Sportingfield Winged Dove over Dumbriton
She is of perfect size, she has quality and she excells in breed type, and her movement is sos sound when viewed from all angles.

She can sit on my sofa anyday  :wub:

a picture would be nice :)

this is a great thread :cheers: it's even better when you add pics and explainations, really useful for learners like me :thumbsup:

im not a whippy breeder but theres some dogs that just fill your eye.i still have a picture of ch,bohem of thee i sing who i thought was lovely,also a dog i saw in the states,cant remember his affix but the rest of his name was top hat 'n' tails.a gorgeous black and white,very flashy and had beautiful conformation. :wub:

Having only been showing whippets for the last 4 years,i can only comment on the one's i've seen in the flesh.

For me,the most beautiful bitch i have seen has got to be CH. Sportingfields winged dove over Dunbriton :wub: .For me she is so elegant & sound & a lovely size. She's everything i would want in a whippet!

The best male whippet i've seen so far has got to be Eng & aus CH Peperone solid gold :wub: Again,he's a lovely size,& he's so beautifully balanced.

Just for you Doris,here's a photo of Dolly when she won the bitch cc at Crufts in 2005

1w.JPG

:wub: My fav dog of the present has got to be Scarletfair One Knight :wub:

Like Debs I will only comment on the dogs I have seen in the flesh, for me there are two whom I would love or have loved to own and that is:

Ch Mithirander Panning for Gold I saw this bitch at Crufts and wow she just blew me away, a picture of elegance and just floated around the ring with ease and grace.

Ch Sporting Fields Winged Dove Over Dumbriton Well....... what can I say that hasnt already been said, she is absolutley beautiful and is my interpritation of the breed standard in every way shape and form. So graceful, moves effortless round the ring, she is a lovely size, feminine to a T.

A bitch I would love to own!!!! although Patsy does say she is quite a character at home!!

One dog I would love to have seen in the flesh was Ch Black Knight at Carmodian, after compiling the Champions Books and studying the other volumes, he certainly looks every bit the Champion he was.

although i am sure this picture doesn't do him justice here he is

Dawn

We have done this before .... doesn't anyone remember? I will have to find time to search for the thread.

But here are some pics you were looking for in the meantime. ..

Spyanfly Say It's Bardo(t) ... can't remember if it's got the t or not :blink:

Ch Mithrandir Panning for Gold

Thanks Aslan

Just read through the thread and it seems that I was correct about Dumbriton Casting Stone, whom I liked very much as a youngster, who is in fact now an International Champion.

Single Malt was a great loss to the breed, and I am sure he would have sired may champions, although we do have his two daughters here, Hari and What. Hari has produced two lovely litters, the latest litter which has produced my lovely spider, the white I have waited a long time for.

A bitch I have always liked,& am sure someone has a pic to post of her. She is Denhills Delectabelle.

doris said:
dolly said:
o:) Mine would have to be Dolly :)   Ch Sportingfield Winged Dove over Dumbriton
She is of perfect size, she has quality and she excells in breed type, and her movement is sos sound when viewed from all angles.

She can sit on my sofa anyday  :wub:

a picture would be nice :)

this is a great thread :cheers: it's even better when you add pics and explainations, really useful for learners like me :thumbsup:

There is also a link to a nice picture of Dolly on my earlier thread (top of page three). I didn't like to breach copyright by posting it directly on here. :- "

I have a beautiful picture of Dolly from the Dumbriton website I will ask Patsy if I can post it on here.

Duh, I had to read all through the other thread as well!!

After much thought its still Ch Nutshell of Nevedith for me but such a close 2nd would be Ch Spyanfly say no more.

Nutshell for her 100% showmanship and Timothy for quality and excellent movement.

But,

Ch Sportingfields winged dove, such a super quality bitch, so hard to fault. :wub:

Someone find a picture of Ch Sportingfields Sir Nolan, now this was a dog that I would take home any day :wub:

My three favourites would have to be:

Bluestreak Brief Encounter

Spyanfly Say No More

& Spyanfly say it's Bardot

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back