The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shes Home

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
She doesn't look from the photos 2 b in 2 bad condition - her coat looks glossy n she doesn't look underweight - in fact she looks fatter than my Murphy! Hope she is settling in well nicky. Your such a star.

Jessr123 said:
She doesn't look from the photos 2 b in 2 bad condition - her coat looks glossy n she doesn't look underweight - in fact she looks fatter than my Murphy!  Hope she is settling in well nicky.  Your such a star.
the pics dont really show how thin she is jess ,she is pretty thin even by whippet standards she is even thinner than my ollie was when we got him ,once shes up and walking about an not so jumpy il get some proper pics of her iv taken a few of her having a chill here ya go :)
P1010029.jpg

P1010030-3.jpg

P1010001-17.jpg

Her face reminds me so much of my old lad Bryn, he was a rescue kind of, it didnt take him long to settle in and enjoy life to the full.

Any news of the boy?

Louise_Simon said:
Her face reminds me so much of my old lad Bryn, he was a rescue kind of, it didnt take him long to settle in and enjoy life to the full.
Any news of the boy?

no not yet i have pmd alfie to see if anything came of ther friend having him but no replie yet so im not shure if they have been online since .

Awwww. She looks so sweet sleeping all tucked up in her blanket :)

Vicky

x

What a great outcome - just caught up with this.

Well done to all involved - such impressive and well co-ordinated rescue actions!!

She looks very happy with you Nicky. (Mind you, I think any dog would look happy in your household)

:thumbsup: Hope she settles in really quickly for you and that you bring each other years of joy too.

Not had a reply about the dog yet :(

I am waiting to hear back from the lady whose friend is after a dog, to make sure she is definitely interested in him, before I phone him. So probably won't get an answer till tomorrow.

Poppy has definitely fallen on her feet, with some TLC I'm sure she will soon blossom! :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

alfie said:
Not had a reply about the dog yet :( I am waiting to hear back from the lady whose friend is after a dog, to make sure she is definitely interested in him, before I phone him. So probably won't get an answer till tomorrow.

Poppy has definitely fallen on her feet, with some TLC I'm sure she will soon blossom! :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

Liz can you let me me know whether its a yay or nay as soon as you know as i dont want to contact them if you have it sorted BUT if not i will get him out :thumbsup:

Oh Nicky, you are an angel. She is a gorgeous little girl , just lovely. Doesn`t she have the sweetest expression too. I am just so pleased for her and you. Lovely photos....Lovely YOU !! :huggles: :huggles:

weathergirls said:
great idea someone had about a K9 rescue fund 
I'm confused - isn't this what the Tilly fund was set up for???? Or has this been wound up now?

well i think shes coming around a bit now she had some good rest shes been sleeping more or less all time since we got her last night but she just got up and even told ollie of for trying to play with her (w00t) she might be little but i think she can hold her own :huggles:

What a heartwarming story- well done Nicky. I am so pleased this beautiful girl has finally landed on her feet with you. Perhaps now she is in a loving environment she will soon fatten up. :))

Would like to send a donation for speying, where do I send it?

urchin said:
weathergirls said:
great idea someone had about a K9 rescue fund 
I'm confused - isn't this what the Tilly fund was set up for???? Or has this been wound up now?

No I think its still going ...... I just thought a K9 fund set up for dogs like these would be invaluable as we seem to all pull together so quickly (be it offers of help, support, donations, time etc ...) as a forum ....and really IF we'd acted correctly last time AND had money in the kitty, these 2 should have been out of there a while ago ...... Just look at the response Nicky's had :D

No I think its still going ...... I just thought a K9 fund set up for dogs like these would be invaluable as we seem to all pull together so quickly (be it offers of help, support, donations, time etc ...) as a forum ....and really IF we'd acted correctly last time AND had money in the kitty, these 2 should have been out of there a while ago ...... Just look at the response Nicky's had :D

hey i know everone is saying oh if it was done propperly the last time they might have got her sooner, but the way it has turned out this time is she has got out and went straight to a loving home that she is going to stay there and live out the rest of her life safe and cared for propperly.

if she had been rescued last time would nicky have been in the same possition to give her a forever home? if im right tia is about a year old so she would have been just a baby at the time so maybe nicky wouldnt have been able to and if that was the case poppy could have been moved about more and struggled to get as good a home as she has found herself this time.

im a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and i think thats why it didnt work out the last time.

please nicky correct me if im wrong, but i think she was wating so that you would be ready to take her.

then again maybe you could have kept her back then, its just my opinion of it :b

:huggles:

Pardon !! .....I'm glad Nickys got her :thumbsup: ....I've donated money, ...BUT I was just saying IF K9 had a rescue fund THEN these 2 should have been out of there a good while ago .....Remember theres still the Blue boy still in that home ...the home that we are ALL pleased Poppys been rescued from ....But this is JMO of course !!!!

Strike Whippets said:
Pardon !! .....I'm glad Nickys got her  :thumbsup:   ....I've donated money, ...BUT I was just saying IF K9 had a rescue fund THEN these 2 should have been out of there a good while ago .....Remember theres still the Blue boy still in that home ...the home that we are ALL pleased Poppys been rescued from ....But this is JMO of course !!!!
i have donated money to.

im not trying to be nasty about it im trying to look on the brighter side of it. everone keeps saying oh if only we had got her out the last time,

and im not saying that she was better staying there, im just saying that i think somthing happen for a reason and the reason she didnt get out the last time was she was ment to get out this time. im sorry if i offened you as that was not my intention.

i think the tilly fund is only to help owners who have lost their dogs find them?at least i think thats what it was set up for.its not actually to buy dogs out of bad homes or to rescue them as far as im aware.i hope the little lad can be got out of there too :luck: :( Nicky im sure thats a new jumper Poppy has on in them pics! :lol: :- "

just been and looked and they now do also rescue dogs in dire situations too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back