The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shes Home

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have only just seen this, not been to the computer as we have been away on holiday. What a fab result, she is a little stunner :wub: , well done you and all the best with her. Keep the photos coming.

Just caught up with this topic and it SO reminds me of when we rescued our tiny Lily 18 months ago - also used for breeding (she was 13 when we got her, but had been adopted by an elderly man a couple of years before, then he died and his wife was trying to starve Lily to death. WR lady said she was as near death as any whippet they'd rescued).

Lily hadn't been spayed (though she was too old for seasons so we didn't know) and got a pyometra in January - cost us over £400 for treatment and of course she was too old to be insured. In contrast, Callie was spayed yesterday and it cost £160. Well worth getting it done so you don't go through what we did with Lily. Sorry can't help with the cost as we've just been there and spent all the savings!

Your new baby is so lucky and wil have a long and happy life with you and your lovely bunch. :huggles:

lily now - about 2 weeks after her january hysterectomy.

in_mums_arms___lily.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Nicky, just come on line. Sounds as though she is going to be in heaven for the rest of her life, and of course, another model for you for when Tia gets tired!! :) Hope she settles in and realises what a wonderful home she now has :luck:

good on you nicky she looks a little darling :huggles: well done you :huggles:

another pic for you all ,will get somore over the weekend for you all to see :)

P1010024-6.jpg

awwww bless her little heart...........what a fantastic life she is going to have with you nicky :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

(cheque in post hun :thumbsup: )

nicky12 said:
another pic for you all ,will get somore over the weekend for you all to see  :)
P1010024-6.jpg

:huggles: :huggles: awww shes gonna be one spoiled girl....and rightly so...se deserves it... :thumbsup: :huggles: Well done Nicky...

Awwwwwwwww she looks so cosy there Nicky..................bless her :wub: :huggles:

Awww Nicky, Bless You. o:) I didn't see this yesterday, just caught up, and have spent ages reading the old posts. Her situation first came to light before I joined K9 so I didn't know the original story.

Well that little girl's luck has certainly changed now, bless her. Poor, poor little girl, for the life she has led up to now.

Poppy just won't believe her luck from now on, bless her. :D

I'm just going to pm you Nicky, so I hope you keep emptying your box. :lol:

:luck: :luck: :luck: and :huggles: for Poppy and a great big :huggles: for you Nicky

Pauline

nicky youre a star :huggles: glad she is out of that awful situation :( in a few months you will hardly recognise her with all the tlc you will give her good luck to you all from us all xxx :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :luck:

Oh Bless her - can't you just wait for those eyes to start shining with life :huggles:

Well done Nicky. :huggles: She does look skinny (but not a starvation case) and having been used to produce 6 litters is just so sad. Shame on her previous owners...they don't deserve whippets! :(

I hope she continues to settle in well. Look forward to the updates. :thumbsup:

meddling said:
Oh Bless her - can't you just wait for those eyes to start shining with life  :huggles:

i was just thinking the same,poor girl looks confused :( give her a week and she will be so settled with all the love shes getting now :wub: :huggles:

Well I seem to be one of the last to see this thread, after avidly following it wed/thur. What with work and a funeral.

well done nicky, looks like poppy is there for keeps. Great job you have done. :thumbsup:

Well done Nicky12 she's so lucky to have found you, i just hope these greedy

b******s don't go out and get another bitch and start another puppy farm....

the thought scares me......................i hate people like that........just want to line

their blasted pockets..............

hey nicky just wondered in there add they say she is kc reg, did they give you the details?

well what im really asking is did they breed her? if not do you know where she came from by her details?

nicky12 said:
another pic for you all ,will get somore over the weekend for you all to see  :)
P1010024-6.jpg

Hi Nicky,

Bless her the little darlin :)) shes so pretty but yes she does have sad eyes at

the moment, but it won't be for long, once she understands that shes safe and she

has no demands on her she'll be flying :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Only just catching up with this after coming back from holiday this afternoon (beware loads of photos to come! :)) ). Well done Nicky for rescuing her. :cheers: Poppy is lovely and is going to have such a fantastic life with you - all those cosy beds and cuddly coats! Really glad she seems to be settling in. :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back