The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shirebrook Leger

podium looks fab. is this open run as weighed please?

for a big event and TOP TEN points this should definatley like be run as weighed jmo

the top ten is a joke as it is without getting easy points by going up into classes to dodge other dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a top ten stipulation that opens have to be run as weighed? My thoughts are if people pay to run and want to run in a higher class and loose a yard, its their choice, but if it is a ruling for top ten opens I stand corrected and it will have to be run as weighed!!!

Is it a top ten stipulation that opens have to be run as weighed? My thoughts are if people pay to run and want to run in a higher class and loose a yard, its their choice, but if it is a ruling for top ten opens I stand corrected and it will have to be run as weighed!!!

your right it's not stipulated that top ten opens to be run as weighed . it's not a matter of loosing a yard it's about dogs that could loose out by getting knocked out of the top ten by opens being not run as weighed.

It could also be a dog that runs to a certain side and the front of the next class would put them at the correct side opposed to the wrong side, so if thats the case and it makes for cleaner racing and avoids dogs being knocked and causing dogs to get bumped and maybe knocked out, I'd say its probably a wise choice for all involved and is the owners choice but again I suppose this is another grey area and everyone has their own opinions whether its right or wrong to be able to move up a class. :thumbsup:

going to come to this one. best of luck to the running of it.cant wait to see the crowd cracking little club :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks Kenny we're trying our best :thumbsup: :sweating:

It could also be a dog that runs to a certain side and the front of the next class would put them at the correct side opposed to the wrong side, so if thats the case and it makes for cleaner racing and avoids dogs being knocked and causing dogs to get bumped and maybe knocked out, I'd say its probably a wise choice for all involved and is the owners choice but again I suppose this is another grey area and everyone has their own opinions whether its right or wrong to be able to move up a class. :thumbsup:
this is the exact reason i ask saying as i have 2 severe right hand runners, if it was run as weighed id just have to feed them up. thanks

going to come to this one. best of luck to the running of it.cant wait to see the crowd cracking little club :thumbsup:

BE NICE TO SEE YOU KENNY THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEKEND KAREN AND GIRLS AND ALL MEMBERS AT SHIERBROOK SEEM TO WORKING HARD GOOD CRACK IN THE CLUB HOUSE AFTER RACING TO.THINK MY MATE LYNDEN ON THE MIC DURING RACING SO THATS ALLWAYS A GOOD LAUGH :thumbsup:

how good are our girls karen :thumbsup:
Sadie's writing is right posh.I'll have a look at yours and Karens lists and tell you who she takes after :- :lol:
Haha it must be the only thing about me that is posh :) the writing was the easy bit it was getting those bloody whippets to look the same that was hard but with me drawing and mum and Kim helping to colour for a day it wasn't to bad and mums right I do love it really :) Just a shame I won't have a dog running to have A GO at gettin to stand on it haha Diva's flat as a pancake from her season :( Damn bitches!

how good are our girls karen :thumbsup:
Sadie's writing is right posh.I'll have a look at yours and Karens lists and tell you who she takes after :- :lol:
Haha it must be the only thing about me that is posh :) the writing was the easy bit it was getting those bloody whippets to look the same that was hard but with me drawing and mum and Kim helping to colour for a day it wasn't to bad and mums right I do love it really :) Just a shame I won't have a dog running to have A GO at gettin to stand on it haha Diva's flat as a pancake from her season :( Damn bitches!
You've done a fantastic job Sadie :thumbsup: and your helpers too :thumbsup: It'll be a great weekend :thumbsup:

Glad to read your coming Kenny :thumbsup:

legeradvert.jpg
Hi there

Could you tell me what is being run on each day.

Cheers - Elaine

all classes run to winner on saturday semis and finals and cons on sunday :thumbsup:

all classes run to winner on saturday semis and finals and cons on sunday :thumbsup:

bugger thats one plan out of the window then :( ty for info though not sure we can make it yet

15 days to go :sweating:

Good job I have spare room, table filling up with trophies that have started to come in from our generous sponsors (looking good), envelopes typed ready for 'prize monies', programme master sorted, reams of paper and that's just for my lists, £50.00 draw ready Past and Present Champion whippets, raffle prizes starting to come in, podium painted, carpeted and ready for the first photo shoot who will be the first Leger winners to pose on this (Sadie hope your woodwork is up to it :thumbsup: ) information bookllets ready. Now we have no official photographer so if any of you fantastic photographers are coming along with your camera's please feel free to click away and post (I have had a go but we usually get a hind leg and lots of grass with my pics :oops: ).

Had a meeting last week with Shirebrook Staff Club to go over final details for the Leger, entertainment has been booked by 'The Staff' for Friday and Saturday, the cafe will be open for food and drinks throughout the weekend, showers etc will be available for campers etc. The 'Staff' staff are always very accommodating to us whippeters whenever we hold an event at Shirebrook and have showed this not only with the fantastic sponsorship for this forthcoming event but each time we hold an event they are eager to help and support us in what ever way they can,never sure who's the most nervous about these events me or Ross and the club staff, heres hoping for a good weekend.

Now 8 days before champs better take the dog out and have words with him, just cos he stood on podium in the garden I have explained to him this was a trial run and he has to run 'fast' in fact 'bloody fast' if he ever wants to get up there again (w00t)

Looking forward to the next two weekends, champs at Poolsbrooke and Leger at Shirebrook, good luck to all who compete at both :luck: Woohooo I love whippet racing, well most of the time :thumbsup:

YOU BETTER GET ANOTHER TABLE READY IVE GOT A NICE GREYHOUND COAT 2 BAGS OF RED MILL FOOD 2 WHIPPET BEDS FOR THE RAFFLE AND ME 2 TROPHYS COMING TO YOU NEXT SATURDAY. CANT WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND :thumbsup:

Thanks Ray, much appreciated :thumbsup: Getting close now, two good weekends to look forward to :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

il b getting my trophy @ the champs off joyce (she already got it 4 me) so il give u it then. :thumbsup:

Yes and don't I know it's getting closer more things to check off her list everyday hahaha and mum of course my wood work is up to it :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back