The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Show Question?.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just to add Mark if when I take my little man to Crufts if I'm awarded any card bearing any combination of letters, I'll be so excited I'll buy you a drink and we'll discuss it more.
Hi Jenny,

I wouldnt knock any award, if a dog wins a rosett ect then good on them and congratulations to the owner/breeder. :thumbsup:

But another poster (Beaker I Think) said about the VHC not being worth anything so I just asked why have it if it means nothing.

IMO if for what ever reason (chalking ect) an exhibiter gets disqualified then surely all the places should move up to the point that if a dog was awarded a VHC and the dogs placed 1-3 + Res got desqualified then surely if the judge thought the dog good enough to merit VHC then it should be moved up to take the win.

if you applied this theory to racing then your MoMo would be the only dog turning up at lancashire racing and there would be no top 10
Well no because in racing we do 1st to 4th but now i'm wondering if we only award 3rd and 4th just in case something happens to 1st & 2nd?.

Lily got a reserve place yesterday and the prize card has 4th on it . :wacko:

Lily got a reserve place yesterday and the prize card has 4th on it
Congratulations on your 4th place with Lily.

So there is a 4th place (Res) :p

Have all you show people who have replied been trying to mislead me :( or is it that you all replied without realy knowing.

Just to add a bit more confusion for you Mark :- " , at Crufts in open dog or bitch they have 7 placings (w00t) 6th is HC ( highly commended ) and 7th is C Commended

Only at Crufts does this happen :wacko:

Dont ask my why . I Said DONT ask me why :oops: :huggles:

at Crufts in open dog or bitch they have 7 placings
No wonder when you think what they charge entry fee, BUT it does prove those wronge that have said shows don't go down past 3rd :- "

Dont ask my why . I Said DONT ask me why
WHY? can't I ask WHY! :p

Mark Roberts said:
at Crufts in open dog or bitch they have 7 placings
No wonder when you think what they charge entry fee, BUT it does prove those wronge that have said shows don't go down past 3rd :- "

No, it's because Crufts is the Kennel Club's very own show and they can do what they want :oops: (surely you knew that :)) :)) )

Dont ask my why . I Said DONT ask me why
WHY? can't I ask WHY! :p

Mark Roberts said:
Just to add Mark if when I take my little man to Crufts if I'm awarded any card bearing any combination of letters, I'll be so excited I'll buy you a drink and we'll discuss it more.
Hi Jenny,

I wouldnt knock any award, if a dog wins a rosett ect then good on them and congratulations to the owner/breeder. :thumbsup:

But another poster (Beaker I Think) said about the VHC not being worth anything so I just asked why have it if it means nothing.

IMO if for what ever reason (chalking ect) an exhibiter gets disqualified then surely all the places should move up to the point that if a dog was awarded a VHC and the dogs placed 1-3 + Res got desqualified then surely if the judge thought the dog good enough to merit VHC then it should be moved up to take the win.

if you applied this theory to racing then your MoMo would be the only dog turning up at lancashire racing and there would be no top 10
Well no because in racing we do 1st to 4th but now i'm wondering if we only award 3rd and 4th just in case something happens to 1st & 2nd?.

Certainly not we award 4th because it's usually one of mine that comes 4th :- " and obviously if 1st to 3rd got disqualified then mine would be first :thumbsup:

Just for the record though I cannot believe you have humoured this man for four pages :lol: :teehee:

*Lesley* said:
[
Just for the record though I cannot believe you have humoured this man for four pages :lol:   :teehee:

Cos it's Monday, and I'm having a rotten day at work and it's a bit more entertaining than dealing with shoplifters and their stroppy parents :rant: , I'm just enjoying the banter.

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
quintessence said:
*Lesley* said:
[
Just for the record though I cannot believe you have humoured this man for four pages :lol:   :teehee:

Cos it's Monday, and I'm having a rotten day at work and it's a bit more entertaining than dealing with shoplifters and their stroppy parents :rant: , I'm just enjoying the banter.

Jenny

Give him more stick then Jenny he likes that,I am really horrible to him at racing just because he likes the attention :teehee:

Societys must give out 4 prize cards.

Crufts have vhc, hc and c because of the large entries usually in open, judges felt in was unfair to only place 5 dogs, so the KC introduced the HC and C for Crufts only. With entries on average of 25 plus in the open class of whippets, i can understand why

saraquele said:
:blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:
questions questions  :lol:

well i dont know the answer !!!!!!

maybe cos it sounds better than 4th or 5th  (w00t)

Hello Mark,

This form of reporting the placings have been brought down through time. It is KC rules and in days gone by a Res to the class was better than a 4th place. I must say I have never ever heard of the first 3 placings being disqualified in all my time of showing. This happens in all breeds and not just Whippets. They all have the same 1st 2nd 3rd and Res. So I think your question should be asked and directed towards the KC. They have rules and regulations which we must abide by when we take our dogs into the show ring regulated by the K.C. I say this because recently some shows in the Germanic type of GSD have taken place under SV regulations.

Mike

dolly said:
Crufts have vhc, hc and c because of the large entries usually in open, judges felt in was unfair to only place 5 dogs, so the KC introduced the HC and C for Crufts only. With entries on average of 25 plus in the open class of whippets, i can understand why

But several classes have more than 25 at Crufts so why cant we have 7 places in those classes too :eek: , AND some breeds who only get tidley entries place to 7 in Open and they NEVER get 25 in ANY class ;) :- "

JAX said:
dolly said:

But several classes have more than 25 at Crufts so why cant we have 7 places in those classes too :eek: , AND some breeds who only get tidley entries place to 7 in Open and they NEVER get 25 in ANY class ;) :- "

OH JAX PLEEEAAASSSEEE DONT ENCOURAGE THEM :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAX said:
dolly said:

I agree, i think any class with over 20 entries warrant more places, however the powers at be say no !!!

I'm just amazed that my guess was somewhere in the region of the real answer! (w00t)

whatever the real answer is :wacko:

JAX said:
dolly said:

But several classes have more than 25 at Crufts so why cant we have 7 places in those classes too :o , AND some breeds who only get tidley entries place to 7 in Open and they NEVER get 25 in ANY class ;) :- "

Oh No JAX

It is pain enough, oftimes, waiting for 1 - 5 to be selected without waiting even longer for 6th & 7th.

It is one of the vaguaries, which are part of any hobby, that logic falls off the step at some stage. Why do Greyhounds start with Red in trap 1 etc...?

Why do Golfers have Birdies and Eagles?

Why do football 'fans' watch Manchester City but wont watch Manchester United?

Why do we respond to this rubbish?

Last edited by a moderator:
why do men ask such stupid questions ??????????

It aint rocket science :- "

Cos we can ..........and do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and we must reply to anything that [SIZE=21pt]Mark Roberts [/SIZE]wants to know , he is to be obeyed , I said , HE IS TO BE OBEYED (w00t) :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back