The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Skye Looking All Grown Up!

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Skye seems to be getting bigger every day at the moment and is eating like a horse rather than a whippet (w00t) . At 13 weeks old she weighed 12 lbs so the advice I've been given is to double that for her adult weight :huggles: .

She had her first lure coursing outing on Sunday at the BSFA and loved meeting all the other whippets and even the much bigger deerhounds :lol: .

Anyway, here's a few pics of her taken on a rare calm afternoon with (not so) big sis Phoebe yesterday :))

P1010003.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1000978.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1000972.jpg

They do grow quickly so enjoy her whilst she's still young. :D

She is totally perfect isn't she :wub: - Phoebe is a lovely elegant girl :wub:

:wub: what pretty girls they are to :wub: :huggles:

She is looking great, a real credit to you. :wub:

How is she bred, sorry if you have said before but I miss lots of stuff! :oops:

she looks huge compare to pheobe (w00t)

in the other pics i think she looks the same sizes as ruby and star though not weighed them,

shes such a gorgeous girlie :wub: :wub:

Ahhhh Kate she is looking beautiful.... :wub: :wub: those pictures are just lovely with Phoebe :wub: it looks like they are becoming good friends now.. :huggles:

there was such a lovely assortment of colours in that litter... :huggles: :wub: you are very lucky... she is just sooooo pretty.. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
rls22 said:
She is looking great, a real credit to you.  :wub: How is she bred, sorry if you have said before but I miss lots of stuff!  :oops:

Thanks :huggles: . She is by Parkstone Buttons (racer/courser) and mum is Jacquie's Choice (working/coursing) :thumbsup:

Silly me!! I did know that. I figured it when I saw Katie's post.

She is a little beauty :huggles:

:) She certainly is growing fast (w00t) very stunning and so is Phoebe. :wub: :wub: What a great name too, 'Skye' is my next choice of name along with 'Star'. :thumbsup:

Sonia and Jesse xx

She is such a beauty. How strange that she seems so big compared to Phoebe and yet Zulu seems so small in comparison with Pax.

Do you know how big she is at the shoulder. Zulu is 14" now and when I wormed him at 12 weeks he was 9lb. Wonder how big he will be when he is an adult. I think he is going to be a fairly small whippet as he has quite a delicate frame.

Linbin said:
She is such a beauty. How strange that she seems so big compared to Phoebe and yet Zulu seems so small in comparison with Pax.
Do you know how big she is at the shoulder. Zulu is 14" now and when I wormed him at 12 weeks he was 9lb. Wonder how big he will be when he is an adult. I think he is going to be a fairly small whippet as he has quite a delicate frame.

I don't know how big she is at the shoulder, will try and measure her today :) . Phoebe is tiny so any other whippet was going to dwarf her :lol: . She is only 17 lbs and Skye already nearly catching up. Some of the racing people i know say to double the weight at 13 weeks to get adult weight so i would guess Zulu would make about 22lbs, Skye bit bigger at 24lbs and she is quite chunky :D

We need more pics of Zulu to compare :D :huggles:

Rosie said:
Linbin said:

I don't know how big she is at the shoulder, will try and measure her today :) . Phoebe is tiny so any other whippet was going to dwarf her :lol: . She is only 17 lbs and Skye already nearly catching up. Some of the racing people i know say to double the weight at 13 weeks to get adult weight so i would guess Zulu would make about 22lbs, Skye bit bigger at 24lbs and she is quite chunky :D

Have just taken a couple of pics of Zu stood next to a 2 litre bottle with the help of my trusty assistants. If you can do the same we could have quite a good comparison. You will have your work cut out getting her to stand still if she's anything like her brother mind!

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

I think mum Gem is about 19" ...not sure about Dad Sam, maybe Mark would know his height...I doubt if the pups are going to be above 20" at a guess.

Those are lovely pictures Lynn :thumbsup: I usually use a tape measure. :lol: but quick thinking...

Linbin said:
Rosie said:
Linbin said:

Have just taken a couple of pics of Zu stood next to a 2 litre bottle with the help of my trusty assistants. If you can do the same we could have quite a good comparison. You will have your work cut out getting her to stand still if she's anything like her brother mind!

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

:lol: like the measuring stick :lol: . Zu looks more petite compared to Skye. I don't have any assistants at the mo but will have a go later :))

Shes lovely :) Her markings are so similar to our Hollie - only shes a bit darker. Hollie was the smallest in her litter but has grown to just under 20'' and c27lb - and she's as slim as!

(I think Ive managed the attachment?!)

Holliepup said:
Shes lovely  :)   Her markings are so similar to our Hollie - only shes a bit darker.  Hollie was the smallest in her litter but has grown to just under 20'' and c27lb - and she's as slim as!(I think Ive managed the attachment?!)

Flipping tempramental this site - or maybe Im just thick. See if it adds photos now...

Well I managed to get her to stand still after she polished off the bottle (w00t) :lol: :lol: . Joke ok :- "

No bottles of fizzy in the house at the moment but thought this would do. Have also managed to measure her and she is 13.5" to the shoulder, Phoebe is 17". Think some of the first photos of them together show Skye looking bigger than she really is as she is in front of Phoebs :)) . Think her and Zulu look pretty even now :huggles:

P1010018.jpg

P1010020.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back